Sunday, April 15, 2012

Body Revolution Day 63 of 90

Day 63 = Rest Day

Rest Day is grocery shopping day, clean up day, prep day, do my parents taxes day, do our taxes day, laundry day, finish cleaning out the closets and drawers day and oh yeah...rest day.

Do you think I got some rest with these two hooligans>>???  Do you think I got ANY of the things done today with these two hooligans>>???

I clean up, they make a mess somewhere else.  But I LOVE my little nutters!

No Plank hold today.  It's rest day...remember?

Today's food...
Breakfast: Blueberry Banana Muffin
The recipe is in the Fat Burning Meal Plan recipe book that comes with Body Revolution OR you can also find it on Day 5 of 90 of my blog www.phatsoslim.blogspot.ca/2012/02/body-revolution-day-5-february-17-2012  Just in case you are still waiting on your Body Revolution program to be delivered. 

My parents taxes completed and filed by 11:35am WooHoo!

This is what I had to deal with while I was cleaning out my closet and drawers...


They were pretending to be Dobby from Harry Potter.  My kids love the stories of Harry Potter.  Here is my son's impersonation of Draco Malfoy...

This was taken last Christmas.

Closet and drawers cleaned out by 1:10pm WooHoo!
Keeping yourself busy on rest days, may help keep you from snacking.  Plus de-cluttering your home will help you feel better all around.  Lose the weight off your body and lose the clutter in your home...it's a great feeling!

Lunch: Spicy Thai Tuna Wrap with Avocado/Mashed Cauliflower

Using up some of the leftovers and some of the canned food that is not so clean.  The tuna had sugar listed in the ingredients, but I wasn't going to just toss it out.  As long as I am aware of what I am eating, I know how certain foods will affect me.  Once all the not so clean food is out of the house, than there will be room for only clean foods.  I want me and my family to live long and healthy lives.  I want that craziness shown in the pictures above, to carry on for future generations.  Look out world!





Snack: Baked Garlic Pita Chips with Guacamole
I can't get enough of this.  It's so yummy.  I had 2 avocados that I had to use up, so I whipped up another small batch of Guacamole.  And it just happened that I ate the last serving of pita chips the other day, so I made some more up today.

And NO...that's not just one serving, it's 10.  I bagged the chips and split the guacamole into two servings.

Grocery shopping done and put away by 6:30pm...dinnertime.

 
Dinner: Veggie & Turkey Sausage Ragu

Leftovers again!  After getting home from grocery shopping, it was nice to had this already made.  All I have to do was heat it up and serve.  I think next time I will try it with roasted chicken instead of the turkey sausage.  The chicken will be a cleaner meat than the turkey sausage anyway.  I forgot to sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese tonight...DAMN!  Oh well!  I froze the other 2 servings of this meal.  I will put a note on the bags to remember the Parmesan when I eat them next.

Last night I told you I would share this recipe with you, so here it is...






Veggie & Turkey Sausage Ragu
Serves 4-6
INGREDIENTS
12oz Al Dente Pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, small dice
2 carrots, small dice
2 zucchini, small dice
1 red bell pepper, small dice
1 lb. turkey sausage, sliced
1 tbsp flour(I used whole wheat flour)
8oz chicken broth or vegetable broth
1/2 cup white wine
salt & pepper

ONE: Bring large pot of water to a boil.  Add salt.  Cook Al Dente Pappardelle, testing after 3 minutes.  May need another minute to reach tender but firm perfection. 

TWO: In another pan, saute carrots in olive oil.  After 2 minutes, add onion, then red pepper and zucchini.  Season with salt & pepper.  Add the turkey sausage and cook until heated through.  Sprinkle with flour, stirring.  Add wine and bring to a boil then add broth and bring to a boil. 

THREE: Divide the pasta amongst the plates and top with the veggie & turkey sausage mixture.  Garnish with Parmesan and fresh parsley.

As I said, next time I am going to try this same recipe with roasted chicken instead of the turkey sausage.  The original recipe called for chicken sausage, but I substituted the chicken sausage with the turkey sausage.
 You may have to Google where you can find the Al Dente Pasta.  I found it at David's Gourmet here in Waterloo, ON.

Laundry ALMOST done.  Our taxes will have to wait until next Sunday.  Now it's time to rest.

Tomorrow I get back to Workout 9.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment