Thursday, March 22, 2012

Body Revolution Day 39 of 90

Day 39 = Workout 5

Last time for this one.
I will miss the Push Ups/Side Plank. Maybe I will see it again before the end. But I know Jillian will push the UP button on these, I'm sure.
While doing the One Legged Squats/Overhead Raise, here is MY little tip: keep your eyes on the TV, I find this helps with keeping from bending at the waist and helps to keep your chest up. To help with balance, touch both of your index fingers on the floor when you squat down. So...eyes UP, fingers DOWN. 
I have finally found my "good form" while doing the Lunge/Chops.  These are done in Workouts 5 & 6 and I always seem to be falling all over the place(even when I keep my feet hip width apart).  Not this morning...I was stable and in top shape.  Not sure what changed for me.  Last week my balance could have still been off from being sick the week before.  It could be the hand placement on the weights too.  During the last set, I moved my hands around a bit and noticed I went off balance a little, then I moved them back to where I started and I was okay again.  WEIRD, eh???  It's the little things that you don't noticed till the last time you need do to them.  Oh well, now I know what to do if I have to do them in a future workout.
The Cable Punches...I ROCKED them this morning!  I still don't like them much, so I KILLED them today.
Well good-bye Workout 5, I'm sure I will see you again someday, but for the next 2 weeks, you will be replaced by Workout 7.

Today's food...
Breakfast:  Multi-grain Pancakes with Berry Syrup
Do I need to go on???  No, you know how much I love these.  Here's a picture of the prep work for this morning's breakfast...
I had them in the freezer, with the day written on the bag, and I made a note of it on my calendar on my iPhone...Quick n' Easy = Yummy!

Here is a photo of yesterday's calendar on my iPhone.  See the note to take the pancakes out of the freezer.  And to keep track of my days and workouts, I have added them to my calendar.  I might seem like a bit of a control freak...far from it...I am however, taking control over my own life and my health.  I just want to be prepared to make myself a Healthier Version of Me...that's all
Lunch: Tomato Sandwich on Garlic-Rubbed Toast

I thought I would show you the inside of the sandwich before I closed it up, cut it and ate it.

Snack: Chocolate-Covered Carrot Cake Pops(only mine were not Pops, as I did not have any sticks)
I told you yesterday that I would enter the recipe into the MFP recipe calculator to see if they were in the calorie range for the snack.  With the ingredients that I used, the calorie count per serving(per pop) is 140 calories.  Not bad, not bad.  I did not use any nuts for these, so that brought the calorie count down from the recipe in the magazine.
With not having sticks in these, they will be easier to freeze.  I will post the recipe below. 

Dinner: Baja Salad(half size, no dressing, no tortillas strips) from Wendy's
I was extremely tired today after all the daycare kids went home.  I sat on the couch and started to fall asleep.  The last thing I wanted to do tonight was prepare a meal.  I had to run out to the store to get a few things,(which I really didn't want to do either, but had to) so we went to Wendy's.  I had this same salad on Saturday for lunch and enjoyed it very much, so I thought that would be a wise choice for my dinner tonight. 

This recipe is from the Clean Eating Magazine Issue January/February 2012
I really like this magazine, it has many GREAT recipes in each issue...check it out.
Okay so here it is...
Chocolate Covered Carrot Cake Pops (or Balls)
Makes: 24 Hands on time: 1 hour Total time: 3 1/2 hours

INGREDIENTS:
3 egg whites
3/4 cup organic evaporated can juice
1/2 cup skim milk
1 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup spelt flour
1/2 cup gluten free flour blend(TRY: Bob's Red Mill All-purpose Gluten Free Baking Flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups peeled and grated carrots
16oz dark chocolate chips(70% cocoa or greater)
Chopped raw, unsalted walnuts for garnish, OPTIONAL

ICING:
1 cup low-fat cream cheese
1/2 tsp organic evaporated cane juice
1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract

EQUIPMENT  - I didn't use any of this stuff
24 lollipop sticks
1 to 2 11x2 1/2x 4inch foam blocks
24 small cellophane bags, optional
INSTRUCTIONS:
ONE: Preheat oven to 350F.  In a large bowl, beat egg whites with an electric hand mixer until fluffy, about 30 seconds.  Gradually add 3/4 cup can juice, milk, vanilla and applesauce and beat until smooth.  Set aside.

TWO: In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.  With electric hand mixer, gradually beat flour mixture into egg mixture until smooth.  Stir in carrots.  Spoon mixture into a 9x9 inch baking dish, using the back of spoon to smooth top.  Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick or tester comes out clean when inserted in center.  Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.  Wipe out bowls.

THREE: Meanwhile, prepare icing:  In medium bowl, combine icing ingredients and best with fork or electric mixer until smooth.  Remove cake from dish and crumble into small crumbs over top of large bowl.  Add icing to cake crumbs and mix thoroughly with a rubber spatula or your hands.  Form into 1-inch balls and transfer to 2 large baking sheets.  Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly hardened.

FOUR: In a medium microwave safe bowl, add chocolate.  Microwave on high for 15 to 20 seconds; stir well.  If not fully melted, microwave for 5 to 10 seconds more.  NOTE: Watch carefully to prevent chocolate from burning.

FIVE: Dip 1 end of 1 lollipop stick in 1/2 inch of chocolate.  Insert chocolate-dipped end halfway into flat end of 1 cake ball.  Repeat with remaining sticks and cake balls.  Set aside for 5 to 10 minutes for chocolate to harden.

SIX: Rest 1 cake pop on the inside edge of bowl with chocolate; carefully tilt bowl to coat cake in chocolate. NOTE: Do not dunk cake pop directly into chocolate, as ball may fall off stick.)  Gently tap stick on side of bowl to remove excess chocolate.  Hold stick for about 30 seconds, rotating to circulate drips.  If desired, garnish top with walnuts.  Pierce bottom of stick into foam block to hold upright.  Repeat with remaining cake pops and chocolate and refrigerate until chocolate sets, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.  If desired, wrap tops of cake pops in cellophane bag to store.

Nutrients per cake pop: Calories: 190, Total Fat: 9g, Sat. Fat:4.5g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Carbs: 22g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 4g, Sodium: 99mg, Cholesterol: 6mg

Trina's NOTE:  Remember you can make the balls smaller if you wish.  If you are using a recipe calculator, enter the ingredients that YOU use into it, so that you get the correct numbers for your cake pops/balls.
ENJOY!
I'm sure these will freeze well, I can't see why they wouldn't, it's just cake and chocolate.  The chocolate that I used, was the same I used for the Frozen Banana Pops, and they were just fine.  I will let you know.

Tomorrow is my last time on Workout 6.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night.

Trina

5 comments:

  1. Those cake pops look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your blog! I'm only on day 5 of BR. I was wondering if you could add a ticker or something to your blog to show your progress? Maybe show weight and inches lost. your are doing great keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Funblocker,

      Thanks for reading. I will try to add a ticker over the weekend. I can try to add my MyFitnessPal ticker, but it will show weight lost from when I started on that site, and not with the start of Body Revolution. I'll see what I can do.
      I will be updating my weight on Monday's post, measurements at the end of the Phase.

      Have fun with BR!
      Trina

      Delete
  3. Hey there! I'm doing BR and am on day 47. I just wanted you to know that you will LOVE Workouts 7 and 8! Not sure why, but so far they are my favorite. They are KILLER though! I have never felt my triceps so sore before. :) I start week 8 on Monday and can't believe it! Time is flying by! I can't wait for Phase 3! Keep up the great work!
    ~Rae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rae,

      Thanks for checking out my blog. I am looking forward to next week. I find with each set of workouts, the first week I am sore and the second week the soreness is not there as much. I know what you mean about time flying by, it feels like I just started.

      Have fun with it and Stay Strong.
      You keep up the great work too!

      Trina

      Delete