Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Body Revolution Day 79 of 90

Day 79 = Workout 12

Workout 12...my Wheel Push Ups = Lucky 7 this morning first time around, and then 6, second time around.  Getting better!  After pumping out the first 7, (LOL pumping out heehee) I just stayed in wheel, well balancing on my head, feet and hands.  When I do these, my elbows don't bend nearly as far as some of the people in the DVD...but at least they are bending a bit.  I tried getting up for more during the first round, but I just couldn't get up again.  Well not until the second round anyway.  We'll see what Friday brings with these.
I haven't really picked on the participants in the DVD...well except for when maybe, Omar was doing the cable with the curtsies...but I have to mention this one...  DAVID...Do you really think we believe that you are struggling with the 8 lb dumbbells with the Bicep Curls..."Come on...I'm using 10's, and I am not even making half the faces that you are".  I know they want US to know that they are working hard, but that is a bit silly.  Okay I'm done. LOL
I think on Friday, I might try doing the Tuck to Sprawl with light weights in my hands...I'm talking 2's or 4's...just to try.  Remember, "There's always an UP button".

Well I got my taxes filed and now I am stress free, well except for my kids and the daycare kids(today was CryFest 2012) and the dirty dishes in the sink and so on. Just kidding.  It was like a HUGE weight was sitting on my shoulders and now it is gone.  Maybe that's why my lunges were so much harder yesterday.  We'll see what happens on Thursday with Workout 11 again.

Today's food...
Breakfast:  Multi-Grain Pancakes with Syrup & Berries
I chose to go with blueberries today, but then at the last minute, I threw some raspberries into the pot.


I am so thankful for the creator of these pancakes.  I know you all probably think I am crazy, but I absolutely LOVE these pancakes.  I have other recipes for healthy pancakes, but they are no where near as good as these.  If you haven't tried them yet, I encourage you to do so.

Lunch: Tomato Basil Chicken Parmesan Wrap
This was made up from new and leftover foods.  I bought some Tomato Basil Wraps and the rest was made up from leftover chicken, cheese, homemade ketchup and the last of the Basil Walnut Pesto even went in this wrap.  I threw all the ingredients in the wrap, folded it up and then put it in the oven to bake for about 7 minutes or so(just for it to warm and melt the cheeses).

Another quick and easy lunch!  Oh yeah, it was yummy too!

Snack: Sweet Potato Chips/Guacamole
HOMEMADE sweet potato chips mind you.  I thought I would try the chips out with the Guacamole, and I am so glad I did. They taste delicious together. Or maybe it's just my fantastic food preparation skills.  LOL

I finally made some Sweet Potato Chips of my very own.  My kids love them!

Dinner: Turkey Burger on a Bun with a Garden Salad

Clean dinner tonight after my daughter's dance class.
Delicious!

I just realized that I didn't do my Plank today.  After my workout this morning, the only thing on my mind was to get our taxes filed...and that's what I did.  I will get back to it tomorrow after Cardio 3.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Have a great night!
I'm going to relax now.

Trina


5 comments:

  1. haha Trina! I think the exact same thing when I see those burly guys making faces! I like workout 12, except for the Wheel pushups!! What the heck? I did not like workout 11 much at all. It was by far my hardest workout, though that may have just been me being dead tired at 7:30 at night. I had no energy at all and I really found it difficult. I'm hoping it is better on Thursday! I've been squeezing in my workouts late at night b/c I haven't been able to crawl out of bed at 4:30 a.m. However, my coaching season will be done next week, leaving me with more time!! Yay!!!!!! It's been so difficult to keep up with this, but I'm doing it!

    I love homemade sweet potato chips!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey mzjstef,

      The Wheel Push Ups are tough. When I saw them in the preview video before I bought Body Revolution, I thought, "Yeah Right!" BUT yet here I am 79 days down and I did 13 in total. You will get them, even if it's just 1 to start, that's better than none.

      I know how tough it can be to work out when you are tired. So Congratulations to you for doing it. That's when change happens...<<<...isn't that what Jillian always says??? Great job!

      Stay Strong!

      Trina

      Delete
  2. Hi Trina!

    I have been following your blog from the beginning and you are truly an inspiration!

    I tried making sweet potato chips once and they were just ok. Yours look like they're really crispy. Would you mind sharing your recipe?

    Thanks!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jamie,

      Thanks so much for following.

      My Sweet Potato Chips have yet to be perfected. Mine were still a bit chewy when I took them out of the oven. I let them sit to dry out a bit more and they did get crispier, some thicker ones were still a bit chewy.

      I used 1 large sweet potato, 1/8 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, a sprinkle of Herbed Garlic Sea Salt from Epicure. I started baking them at 200F for about 30 minutes, checked, and then upped the temperature to 250F for another 30 minutes or so. Afer you take them out of the oven, shake them up and leave them to cool and crisp up. I will try out different ways of making them, I will let you know what works the best.

      Until then...Stay Strong!

      Trina

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Trina.

    I'm going to try this as soon as I get home today.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete