Sunday, June 3, 2012

Week 1 Day 7 of RushFit

Week 1 Day 8 = Rest Day

Yesterday I began re-organizing the kitchen cupboards, AGAIN.  Today, I continued with that task.
 
I had cleaned them out at the beginning of Body Revolution, getting rid of all the crap, all the processed stuff in this one cupboard.  Here is a picture of the cupboard at the beginning of Body Revolution...

So this is my "Before" picture of my baking supply cupboard.  There is another cupboard beside this double one, that was very messy with all kinds of non-food crap in it.  Which was full of napkins, Halloween treat bags, plastic cups, glow-in-the-dark-squiggly straws, candles, stuff that hadn't been used in years.  So it was time for it to be cleaned out and put in things that will be used for a healthier life.  Getting rid of the clutter will help keep me on track through my journey to a Healthier Version on ME(It's just like cleaning out the closets of all the clothes that no longer fit).  Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the messy cupboard before I took everything out of it.

There is still some labelling to be done, but here is the "Almost" "After" pictures of my NEW CLEAN baking cupboard and the one beside it...
Isn't this AWESOME!!!
I LOVE IT!

There are still some empty jars in both of the cupboards so that I can fill them with ingredients that I need to prepare healthy meals and snacks.  When we went grocery shopping today, I picked up a few things to add to some of the jars but I refrained from buying loads of stuff JUST to get the jars filled as it was not in the budget for this week.  I had already spent enough with just purchasing the jars.  So over the next few weeks I should have my newly CLEAN cupboards well stocked.  In the meantime, I will continue clearing and cleaning out the other cupboards in my kitchen.  I'm on a roll now!

Today's food...
Breakfast: Carrot Banana Muffin


Lunch: Chicken & Spinach Cannelloni


Snacks: Pistachios/Raisins/Sweet Cherries/Sugar Free Dark Chocolate
As I was cleaning up the cupboards today, I was kind of snacking of some of the items in the cupboards as I was moving them from bags to the glass jars.  The cherries were purchased on our grocery shop.

Dinner: Turkey Burgers with Brussels Sprouts & Carrots

I only had a part serving of the vegetables as they were leftovers from last week and my husband and I shared them.  This meal hit the spot after a very productive day.  Actually it was a very productive weekend for my husband and I.  We did a lot more work around our house to make it look more like a home.  The kids on the other hand, just continued to play and make a mess. But as I have said before, I am steering clear of their messy areas and concentrating on the rest of the house that needs to be cleaned up and things cleared out.  Once that is all done, THEN I will tackle their messes...with their help of course.

Questions/Comments:
Christine had sent me a message through http://www.myfitnesspal.com/
The question was in regards to cycling shoes for spinning classes.  She asked..."Are they necessary to get the full benefit from the class?"

Answer:  The cycling shoes are not a necessity for a good ride when you are first starting out. However, once you start using them, you will always use them. The do make for a better ride, but if you can't afford them or you are not sure spinning is the right exercise for you, hold off on buying them until you feel that you are ready to invest in a pair.
With the cycling shoes, they clip onto the pedals of the bike and with that, you are able to push and pull with you feet without having your feet sliding out of the cages.

Here are a few pictures of my cycling shoes(well one shoe)clipped onto the pedal of my bike.
 This past week I have gone to bed way too late each night, so I must go now and get some rest since it is/was supposed to my Rest Day.
   
If you don't have cycling shoes, you would just slip your foot into the "Cage" on the pedal and tighten the strap.  Just becareful not to tighten it too much as your foot might feel like it's falling asleep, and you don't want that to happen...LOL 

With the cycling shoes, the shoes is designed to clip onto the pedal in the correct position, that being, so that the ball of the foot is over the Axis of the pedal.  So the widest part of your foot over the center bar of the pedal if wearing normal shoes with your foot in the cage.


Tomorrow it's back to the RushFit Workout of Strength & Endurance.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina





No comments:

Post a Comment