Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Week 2 Day 3 of RushFit

Week 2 Day 3 = Abdominal Strength & Core

No snooze button this morning...I bolted up thinking I was late again...but it was 5:30am sharp.  It was time to work those abs that ate too many sweet things yesterday.  I must have had the images below on the brain and I knew I had to get up and work hard.  My Abs would look great soaking up the warm sun and enjoying having fun in the warm water...don't you think???  And so would yours.  Keep working out to meet your goals, and maybe one day this place below will be something you REWARD yourself with.

Yesterday I told you I was going to share something/somewhere you could put on your REWARDS list.  It's a pretty big reward, so you better make sure you work hard for it.

Come and spend you holidays in Koh Samui Thailand! A great place for yoga, kite surfing, massage and R&R. Check out our website for details on self catering accommodation and activities:
http://www.river-gardens.com/
  
As of October 2012, my cousin, Melissa Vandivier and her husband, Richard Bogalho, will be running this beautiful establishment to provide you with the fun and relaxing experience you deserve after all your hard work.  Richard has been appointed as their Resort Manager.   Richard will be joining the team from France this October and brings with him a wealth of experience from his past projects including several years in the hotel and tourism industry, working with Club Med.  He later went on to establish his family resort in Portugal where he became interested in "green tourism", a concept he continues to hold close to his heart.  Richard has a diploma in Commercial Marketing and Communication in hotels and tourism and speaks French, English and Portuguese.  Richard said, "My objective today , is to develop a relaxed and peaceful family atmosphere at River Gardens.  My team and I are here to facilitate your holiday and we will do all we can to ensure you enjoy your stay at our peaceful oasis."

Melissa will be calming and relaxing you more with Yoga classes and massage sessions.

Doesn't it sound WONDERFUL?!?!?!

These contacts are as of October 2012
River Gardens
Resort Manager contact: request and bookings

address: 39/15 Moo 5, Maenam, Koh Samui
                 Suratthani 84330, Thailand

Tel / Fax: +66 (0)77- 247562
Mobile: +66 (0)8946 92757
Skype:
For any request or booking for Yoga and massage contact:

Melissa Vandivier

mobile:
Skype:
Coming in October 2012

Please also visit, like and share our Facebook page with all of your friends: Ban Tai River Gardens
http://www.river-gardens.com/  http://www.river-gardens.com/

I told you it was BIG!  Just think how great you are going to look and feel strolling along that beach.  Check it out, tell your friends about it too.  Pay it Forward!

Today's food...
Breakfast:  Multi-Grain Pancakes with Blackberries and Coconut Whipped Cream
I told you I would try the Whipped Cream on the pancakes soon.

It was a nice change.  The sweetness came from the berries, rather than the syrup that is usually served along with these pancakes.  Since these pancakes had a bit of Pumpkin Pie spice in them rather than cinnamon, I was hoping for the whole pumpkin pie with whipped cream enjoyment, but unfortunately the blackberries took away from that.  I think next time I will use pumpkin pie spice in the whipped cream instead of cinnamon as well and maybe a little added powdered Evaporated Cane Juice, just to sweeten it a little bit.

Speaking of sweet...Did anyone try making the CLEAN marshmallows and Graham Crackers for S'mores?  Let me know if you did.
Lunch: Grilled Halibut with Cantaloupe Salsa Wrap served with a dollop of Spinach & Basil Pesto

This was so nice and it was just something that I whipped up.  I was grilling some sliders for the kids and then threw the Halibut on the grill once the sliders were done.
You have to use your imagination and be creative in the kitchen to help mix things up a bit.  I could have just ate the Grilled Halibut Steak with the Salsa, but instead I split the steak in half and halved the serving of salsa and rolled it up in the wrap and then placed it on the grill, and served it with a little pesto.  Delicious!

Snack: Quick & Easy Apple Pie
I had one more serving of this pie and then gave the rest to my good friend and neighbour, Donna.

Dinner: Seasoned Butterflied Chicken Breast with Brussels Sprouts

This was a quick dinner tonight...ready in about 10 minutes.
The Brussels Sprouts took 4 minutes to cook in the microwave(I know that they were fresh produce, but sometimes we need to eat some frozen foods too).  The chicken was on the grill for about 5 minutes per side.  The kids had swimming tonight, so we needed something quick and delicious.  And it was!

Remember I am experimenting with making a great CLEAN chocolate cake.  I think I have the icing I want to use, now I just have to work on the cake.  I made another one this morning, it went right into the garbage.  The cake was in the oven for way too long and it still wasn't baked all the way through.  The first one was too dry, and this one was too wet...so I have to get it somewhere in the middle.  I will keep you posted on the Chocolate Cake Clean Up Challenge.

Questions/Comments:
Christine, one of my MyFitnessPal friends asked me, "How long are you planking now??? 2 hours??"

Answer: Actually Christine, I haven't be doing any extra planking since I finished Body Revolution.  I reached my goal of 7 minutes and I wanted to take a break from it.  In RushFit, I have been doing a lot of Lateral Planks(Side Planks) in many of the workouts.  And with the workouts longer than Body Revolution, I didn't want to add on any extra minutes.  I may start my Plank Challenge up again once I get a few weeks of RushFit under my belt. 


Guess what tomorrow is for me...???


It's a Rest Day.  According to the Beginners Training Schedule of RushFit, I am to Rest tomorrow.  I don't know about that.  We shall see...

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment