Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Brazil Butt Lift Day 3 of 35

Day 3 = Basics + Cardio Axe

Today was the last time to do the Basics.  I think I got the moves now.  I wasn't going to do it this morning but I thought I better stick to my plan.  It's all planned out in my iPhone calendar to help keep me on track. After the Basics, I did Cardio Axe. I only did it once, because I didn't have time to do it a second time, as a result of hitting the snooze button twice this morning. It wasn't that I couldn't get out of bed because of soreness but rather, I didn't want to get out of bed due to my daughter snuggled into me...so cozy. I did get up though, before the third alarm sounded, got ready to shake my booty. And shake it I DID!

Over the weekend I got a few blisters on my feet that were quite sore the last two mornings while wearing my shoes during my workouts. So I decided to do Cardio Axe in bare feet. It felt much better this way. I felt more fluid in my motions. I have never really been a running-shoe-wearing-person, so to be dancing in them, it is just NOT ME. I could never be a Break Dancer.  Plus, I think from doing the RushFit workouts in bare feet with the exception of the Explosive Power Training WO, I have gotten used to not wearing shoes.  
I mentioned “soreness” yesterday…well…I can feel some in my hamstrings and my butt.  So that tells me that I am doing the program correctly.  The Brazil Butt Lift program is working for me, and after only 3 days.  I will update my weight and get a ticker on here soon.  Tomorrow night I think I will really be feeling it.  It is such a great feeling, especially when the butt, hips and thighs areas have always been a problem spot for me.  They say you can’t spot reduce, so true, BUT you can certainly work that particular “spot” to help build the muscle that will, in return, help burn off the fat.  I looked in the mirror just now and I could see a glimpse of a curve in my hamstring.  I’m so excited!  So far I love what this program is doing for my legs and butt.  And the rest of my body is starting to shed some fat too.  It’s ALL part of MY journey to becoming a Healthier Version of ME.  It’s not a race; I take each day as it comes.  I try and stay focused on my goals and I am being realistic about them too.  If I know that I am reaching a point where I have set a goal (date for example: reaching my goal weight by July 26, 2012) and I am nowhere near hitting it, I will not beat myself up over it, I will just think about why I didn’t reach it, and learn from where I went wrong or what kind of obstacles were in my way.  I will not make excuses, I will continue on and not quit.  Quitting is not an option…because death is not an option.  The whole fitness and eating clean way of life, does not stress me out, and it shouldn’t stress you out either.  I have made working out part of my life, and it’s a part of my life that I truly miss if I skip a day.  I miss it on Rest Days too sometimes.  I know many people out there say, “I don’t like to exercise”…and they don’t.  Those people need someone to push them into the gym or out on the sidewalk for a walk or a run.  Or push them into a workout program at home since it’s not too far from their couch, they might be more inclined to start something there.  I have a challenge for everyone…

Phatsoslim’s Friendly Fitness Challenge
Within the next week or two, I want you to get a friend or family member to workout with you.  It can be as simple as going for a walk or doing some push ups together.  The person that you choose must be fairly inactive right now.  Let’s get them moving, and show them how great it feels to be active.  Once you have got them out once, it will be easier to get them out a second and third time.  Don’t go overboard the first time out.  Save the pushing of the UP button for later on.  Be their inspiration, and in return they will be yours.  Knowing that you have helped someone else start a Journey to a Healthier Version of Themselves will make you feel wonderful.

Here is the quote that inspired ME to challange YOU...

Tell your friends this same quote. 
If they ask you "WHY?"  You reply, "Because I care".

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Spicy Egg White and Mushroom Scramble

 
                          Mine was not that spicy.  Next time I will add more Tabasco Sauce.

Snack: Honey Candy
These candies are all natural, and made with honey.  I bought a box of them while in Toronto over the weekend.  They are called Betterbee Sweet Honey Candy.

Lunch: Grilled Salmon Salad
It was supposed to be shrimp, but I had a piece of fresh salmon in the fridge I wanted to use up instead. 
And you know how much I love salmon.

Snack: Watermelon with Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt/Sweet Potato Crisps
I saved my morning snack for the afternoon and my afternoon snack for after dinner.  I know many people don’t care for the taste of plain Greek yogurt, but mixed with the watermelon...


                                                                      …it was so good.

Last night I made up some Sweet Potato Crisps (chips).  I called them crisps instead of chips in honor of the Olympics being held in London England this year.  Where Crisps are chips and Chips are fries.  Plus my husband is English and this way he might try them…LOL…NOT!  This batch was the BEST batch I have made to date. 
They were crispy, hence the name, and tasted fantastic!

Dinner: Grilled Chicken on a bed of Sautéed Spinach served with an Avocado Salad    
I topped the grilled chicken off with my homemade salsa instead of putting tomato slices in the salad.

After Dinner Snack: Homemade Hummus and Sticks
I pushed off having this snack in the afternoon because I was too lazy to make up some hummus.  Me lazy?!?!?!  WHAT?  Too busy is more like it.  After work, I had two interviews for the daycare, with dinner in between, and washing dishes to follow.  After all that was done I was going to settle for having a store bought dip with me veggie sticks.  I STOPPED myself.  I grabbed a can of chickpeas and whipped up a batch of hummus.  It took me all of 7 minutes or so.  That's with clean up too.

It was well worth it! 

So we all heard and seen the saying..."Keep Calm and Carry On"
This is my version...

If you are a stress eater...Keep Calm and Stay Strong.
If you are freaking out because you can't do military style push ups...Keep Calm and Stay Strong.
If you are out running and getting chased by Zombies...Keep Calm and Stay Strong.
If you are depressed about anything...Keep Calm and Stay Strong.
If you are grieving the loss of a loved one...Keep Calm and Stay Strong.

If you Stay Strong you can overcome anything.

Like tomorrow, I am adding another year on my life, another year of living healthy and strong!
In the morning I will shake my Bum Bum to celebrate.


Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina









2 comments:

  1. Your egg white & mushroom scramble looks divine! I just love mushrooms & have been craving eggs lately. They've fallen off my food list because of needing to prepare meals that are more portable (I'm not hugely fond of reheating eggs in a microwave).

    Loving reading your BBL review. I have a colleague that just started those workouts, too. She is not following the strict plan, but incorporating the workouts into her regular routine. She's loving them, too! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ct,

      What about cooking it in the microwave once you are where you need to be??? I know it's not quite the same but you could try it. Mix the egg whites, mushrooms and Tabasco sauce all together, place it in a mocrowave safe container and cook it at work. That way it would be cooked fresh. Or save this one for the weekend.

      The workouts are great and I am definitely feeling it in all the right places.

      Stay Strong!

      Trina

      Delete