Thursday, January 10, 2013

Slept In, Danced, Good Food and a Surprise Gift for ME


A Little More Dancing to Shake Up My Workouts

I know I said I was going to do Zumba and Yoga, but I had a rough sleep last night due to getting kicked in the back numerous times by a 4 year olds foot, or make that both feet.  It was about 3am when I was being attacked…I’m making it sound much worse than it was, but it was still enough to wake me up and keep me from falling back to sleep.  So I picked the feet up with the rest of the 4 year old, and carried her back to her own bed.  Much better…well until the alarm rang out though.  Yes I hit the snooze button AGAIN.  Only because I knew that I would have a little extra time to sleep, but I took too much and could not fit in my yoga this morning.  I opted to do the Zumba Rush again and Rockin’ Body’s ‘Mark, Move and Groove’.  The Rockin’ Body workout is more like a dance training workout for those just starting out.  I only did it because it was only 15 minutes long.  I thought maybe I would get something else done later in the day, but I didn’t.  More good food coming up…

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Banana Oats Eggs and Peanut Butter
Now I am not sure if all of this was to be mixed together, but I did, and it tasted great.  I thought if the scrambled egg whites tasted so good with the quinoa yesterday…then why not mix the hard boiled egg whites with the rolled oats, banana and peanut butter??? 
That’s what I did and it was another hit meal.

Snack: Mochaccino Pick-Me-Up
I wasn't sure about this because it had instant coffee in the mix.  I am not a coffee drinker at all.  I love the smell of coffee though.
Nope!  This one wasn't for me.  
After trying it, I dumped it down the drain and started over.
I made another one without the instant coffee.  I renamed it, "Phat's Chococinno Pick-Me-Up".
MUCH better!

Lunch: Chicken Greek Salad
I was so glad to see this one on the meal plan again.  I really enjoyed the other night for dinner and today was no different.
 

Snack: Cottage Cheese & Almonds served along with Veggies

I mixed all the items together for this one too.  I enjoy cottage cheese much better when it's mixed with something, rather than eating it plain.

Dinner: Halibut with Sweet Potato and Kale Quinoa

This was really nice, but I had to cook my Halibut longer than the recipe called for because it was frozen.  I forgot to thaw it out.  I think next time I will cook the Quinoa in vegetable broth to give it a little more flavour.  My husband doesn't like sweet potato, so I split the recipe and made a half without sweet potato.

So I have leftovers for tomorrow night's dinner.  That helps make things easier for a Friday night.


Okay enough about food.  I know what my next workout program will be when I am done with this “Build Your Best Body” program.  

I was the recipient of a Random Act of Kindness.  

Someone, who I shall refer to them as Santa D, sent me this belated Christmas gift which arrived today.  I am SO excited.  Thank you SO very much for this unexpected gift.  When I opened up the parcel today that was delivered to the door, I was speechless.  And if you have been following my blog, you know that for me to be speechless, it would have to be something BIG.   I was given this...

I don’t know if I will be able to contain myself, but I shall try.  

As you know I have just started the program from the Oxygen Magazine and I MUST stick with it.  I was thinking that I would do some of the TapouT XT cardio workouts on my off training days, but then I will get too antsy want to try the rest.  Like ‘Buns and Guns’, that sounds interesting.  Yes...I will wait and do the program and blog about it, just like I did with Body Revolution and as I am doing now with “Build Your Best Body”.  I am going to look Smokin’ HOT by the summer.  Actually it will be around the first day of summer when I will have completed both of these programs.  The start date for TapouT XT will be April 1st, 2013.  It seems like a long way away, but it will be here before we know it.  

Stay Strong Trina, Stay Strong!  

If I do cave, you will be the first to know.  I am going to take the time to plan my calendar and enter the workout days into my calendar on my iPhone, just as I did with Body Revolution.  Planning is KEY.  I am going to read over the program, but I won’t look at the DVDs.  I didn’t preview any of the Body Revolution ones, I like surprises.  And this gift was a total surprise.  Thank you SO much Santa D!!!!  I know you will be reading this, and all I can say is Thank you, thank you, thank you...I can't say it enough.

Tomorrow it’s back to my strength training Day 3 of workouts to Build MY Best Body. 

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment