Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Workout Day 4 & Day 5 of Build Your Best Body


I must apologize… I had started yesterday’s post in the afternoon at naptime, but didn’t get it finished.  I was feeling really tired last night and didn’t feel like sitting at my computer to write a post.  I just wanted to sit in The Big Orange Chair and relax.  So here are my two days wrapped into one post…

Workout Day 4 of “Build Your Best Body”
This is the sweaty part.

Week 2 of “4 Weeks to A Leaner You” meal plan
This is the yummy part.

Today’s workout was great!  I felt a great improvement since last Monday.  I can already start to see more definition in my arms.  And that’s just from doing ALL these Push Ups and of course, eating CLEAN.  I know that I will not be as sore tomorrow as I was last Tuesday.  My form is improving and so are my numbers.  The key to a great Wall Squat is…squeeze your BUTT.  Not with your hands of course, silly.  When you sink down into your squat against the wall, squeeze those butt cheeks together and think about what you are working…Quadriceps, glutes and hamstrings…WORK IT!!!!  The magazine article suggests that you squeeze it all, but it is easy to forget about squeezing the butt.  Don’t forget!

My Planks were all 1 minute +.  So by that, I can tell my abs are there and doing their job.  My goal for this summer is to have proper definition of my Abs. 

Today’s food…
Breakfast: BLT

A BLT sandwich for breakfast…quick, easy and very good.

Snack: Protein Shake with a Cheese String
Nothing too exciting.

Lunch: Halibut with Sweet Potato and Kale Quinoa
I made up the Quinoa mix this morning and the only problem with that is...
 that I had to control myself from eating it at snack time.
I like this meal except I find the Halibut a bit on the dry side.

Snack: Apple served with Hard Boiled Egg Whites and Hard Boiled Egg


Dinner: Tilapia served with Brown Rice and Sautéed Spinach with Onion
The meal plan did not call for onion but I enjoyed the onion with the sautéed kale last night that I thought it wouldn’t hurt to add a bit to this meal. 
The picture of the meal has gone missing it was that good.
It was dee-lish!

Well I am going to move onto Tuesday January 15, 2013 and Workout Day 5 of Build Your Best Body

Workout Day 5

So this week I added an extra day of strength training workouts, and today is the day.  I thought it would be tough this morning going back to back, but I was okay.  I ROCKED out 13 Decline Push Ups in my first set.  I am still quite sucky at the Standard ones that follow, and then I redeem myself with the Modified, and do alright with the Incline ones.  That was the same for yesterday as well.  Oh well, at least I am trying and that’s what counts.

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Egg Whites, Rolled Oats, Blueberries and Walnuts
I wasn’t quite sure how this meal was to be made up.  As you can see in the picture the way it is written in the magazine…

I boiled up the eggs.  Cooled, peeled and cut them.  I threw the egg white in with the rolled oats, water, blueberries and walnuts and cooked it as you would oats.  It seemed to turn out okay.  It was good.  It was filling that’s for sure.

Snack: ½ Pink Grapefruit with Red Velvet Pancake

Okay so my snack was supposed to be cottage cheese and the grapefruit but I used the last of the cottage cheese when making these pancakes.  The pancakes are not on the meal plan, but I have wanted to make them for a very long time.  I had bought some beets a couple weeks ago and I needed to use them up.  I only had a half serving with a dollop of Greek Yogurt on top.  This worked out to about the same calorie count as the cottage cheese would have been.
Now you are all wondering about the Red Velvet Pancakes…right???

The recipe was part of Tosca Reno’s blog back in December 2012.  The recipe comes from Theresa Jenn Lopetrone.  Remember her???  She was my Plank It Challenge inspiration last spring.  I am back at my planks in my workouts now and this morning all four of them were over 1 minute.

I had to modify the recipe slightly as I was making a double recipe and I didn’t even have enough cottage cheese for a single batch.  But I didn’t check that before I started…SO…I added some Skim Milk to the mixture and a little bit of water.  Excellent recipe Theresa!!!  I have posted her recipe on my "Cook With Me" page.

Since today in the daycare it is Pancake Tuesday, I served them up to the daycare kids.  They loved them!!!  Of course I didn’t tell them that there were beets and cottage cheese in them.  Do you really think they all would have eaten them if they knew???  Some yes, some no.  But they all ate them followed by a bowl of homemade chicken vegetable soup.  CLEAN eating for kids.  LOVE IT!  Healthy kids = Happy parents.

Lunch: Turkey Sandwich
While the kids ate their pancakes and soup, I had my yummy Turkey Sandwich.  It was massive today for some reason.

Snack: Chocolate Protein Shake with Cashews
I threw the cashews right in the shake and mixed it up.

Dinner: Tilapia with Sweet Potato and Kale Quinoa
Having the leftover Quinoa mix from yesterday’s lunch, make for an easy dinner before the kid’s swim lessons tonight. 
SO good!

I have enough leftover for two more servings.  I am going to check the meal plan for the rest of the week to see if I will be eating it again.  If not, I am going to freeze it for next week.  Remember if you are cooking and freezing meals; be sure to freeze it in portion sizes so that you only have to thaw out what you need.

Tomorrow’s food day looks awesome!  I get to try my hand at making sushi tomorrow for lunch.  I will probably go and cook the quinoa after I post this.  I will tell you all about it tomorrow.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

   

No comments:

Post a Comment