Sunday, January 13, 2013

Rest Day????? Ha!


 Anything but a rest…

I woke up early this morning because we had a lot of cleaning up to do, mainly the children’s rooms.  My daughter’s room…I didn’t know if the floor still existed, because you couldn't see the floor in there anymore.  But before any of the cleaning began I made my way to my workout area to do a light workout. 

Last night I picked up a DVD named Trudie Styler’s Cardio Dance Flow.  It was a mix of yoga and dance.  With the warm up it is about 29 minutes in length.  The warm up is not really necessary as the workout itself starts out with some of the same moves in the warm up.  It was nice to do some stretching with this dance workout.  Some of the dance moves, I definitely need to work on.

After completing that workout, I wanted to dance some more so I did the Zumba Rush.  I am definitely getting the hang of this one.  Practice makes perfect.  But in my case, practice means progress to perfection.

After my dance workouts I showered and carried on with my day.  My day continued by making some breakfast for me and my family.  The kids wanted bagels and I was making French Toast.  My husband tried a piece of it, but decided he wanted cereal instead.  So let’s talk about food.

Today’s food…
Breakfast: French Toast with Greek Yogurt & Strawberries


Snack: Greek Yogurt with Oranges & Slivered Almonds


Lunch: Frittata with a Slice of Whole Grain Toast
This frittata has a story behind it…

I made the kids eggs and toast for lunch today, as requested.  Then I ran out of eggs and didn’t have enough left to make my own lunch.  So my frittata was made with liquid egg whites and the leftover egg that my daughter didn’t eat.  I don’t normally eat the food that my children leave on their plate, but in this case, I did.  I used the proper amount of liquid egg whites and her leftovers to make up what the recipe called for.  It looks a little strange, but it tasted great.

Speaking of eating the food that your children don’t finish, don't do it.  It will only lead to weight gain in the end.  I know many of us don’t want to waste food, but that doesn't mean that YOU have to eat it.  Wrap it up and save it for them for the next day.  Better yet be watchful of how much your children eat, and plate it out accordingly.  If they eat it all and want more, then give them more, but don’t over do it because you want them to finish it, and you don’t need to eat the extra calories.  Wrap it up or toss it.  

Snack: Orange Creamsicle
 
It tasted more like a vanilla Creamsicle.  With the vanilla protein powder and the vanilla extract...the vanilla overpowered the orange flavour too much.  Next time less vanilla.

Dinner: Crock pot Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potato and Sautéed Kale & Onions
I should have cooked up a little bit more of the kale & onions, it was SO good.   The leftover chicken and broth I put into a container and I might make a soup out of it. 

Yum!


I have finished week one of the “Build Your Best Body” program and I feel great.  I feel strong.  I feel full, yet still hungry at times.  It’s not the boredom hunger though; it’s true growling-of-the-stomach hunger.  It is strange because I am eating more calories than I was then week before.  It’s because I am eating good foods, clean foods and my body is turning into a fat burning machine.  Instead of giving in to those hunger signs, it makes me look forward to the next meal and I appreciate all the good stuff that I am putting into my body.  
My favourite meals would be…

Breakfast: Egg Quinoa Parfait…

Lunch: Greek Salad…

Dinner: Salmon with Brown Rice and Asparagus…

Snack: Tri-Berry Shake...


All the meals were great but these are my favourites.  Some of them repeat this coming week and then there are some new ones.  Like the Salmon Avocado Sushi coming up this Wednesday.  I bought my seaweed today and my smoked salmon, I’m ready.

My strength training workouts will increase by 1 day this week.  I will fill in my off days with cardio and some yoga (for sure this week).

So I mentioned the cleaning of my daughter’s room…well…we found the floor.  Now she has her Lalaloopsy sets in there to play with.  Hopefully now she will keep it a little tidier.  Fingers crossed….and toes…and arms…and legs.
Here is my little goof ball in her own Lalaloopsy Land.
She's all set up for FUN!

Well it has been a full non stop day until now.  I did get a break from the house though.  I went out and picked up some groceries for the daycare and for us.  Two weeks in a row out grocery shopping on my own…total bliss.  But now I am going to get my butt in bed to get some rest before the alarm rings out in the morning.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina  

No comments:

Post a Comment