Thursday, March 29, 2012

Body Revolution Day 46 of 90


Day 46 = Workout 7

Abdominal Killer. 
This is me before heading downstairs to do Workout 7 for the second time.  I was ready.  It might be a killer but it is shredding the laundry into bits, and my washboard will soon be on display.
(Whoa...by the looks of my bathroom mirror, I will need my kitchen-cleaner-upper to clean the mirrors too.  Do you remember him, what I wanted him to look like???  Well...below is just a little reminder...)  I wouldn't even mind if he was cleaning the mirrors while I was in the shower after doing Body Revolution.  Just kidding...or am I?  Somehow I think my husband would have something to say about that.  LOL
 
I have to make a correction to Monday's post: I referred to one of the moves as a Pike Crunch...my bad, it's not. It is a Jack Knife Crunch. These were the ones that were hurting the bruise on my backside. I chose to do a Pike Crunch instead. Well today, it wasn't my backside that was hurting, it was my whole abdominal area...I continued on with my version with the Pike Crunches. I will try to push the UP button on Monday with the Jack Knife Crunches.

This workout is definitely ALL for the Abs. Even when you are working the chest, the Abs are killing it.

I have to correct my opening statement...I should have said, Abdominal Creator...yes it stills kills...BUT...the abs will be works of art when I am done.

It's just simply FANTASTIC!


Today's food...
Breakfast: Pumpkin Cranberry Muffin
I hadn't had one of these for awhile, so I thought, "why not??"  Plus I was feeling a bit lazy this morning.  Didn't feel like whipping up one of my masterpieces...lol.

Lunch:  Salmon Burger with Zesty Aioli
This time I had it on a bun.  I bought some whole wheat buns on Sunday so that I could enjoy the burger as it should be enjoyed.

The bun looks at bit small for the burger, but that is all right.  We don't need to fill up on bread to enjoy a burger.  I usually buy the thin buns, but this one here is lower in calories than the others. 
I may even try my hand at making my own buns, because I want to have healthy BUNS. 
And by that, I am referring to the ones I sit on everyday!

Snack: Baked Garlic Pita Chips with Guacamole
I had to eat this snack again today because I didn't want the Guacamole to go bad.  After having to wait a day to finish making it, it would have been a shame to throw it out for not eating in time.

Dinner: NEW...Trina's Turkey Burgers served with The Best Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Smoked Paprika & Leeks 
The turkey burger recipe is something I made up last night, and the Brussels Sprouts recipe is from the The Best of Clean Eating 2 cookbook.

Trina's Turkey Burgers
Makes 4 burgers
(I divided 1 patty into 3 smaller ones for the kids)
>>>>precooking picture>>>>
INGREDIENTS
1 lb extra lean or lean ground turkey
1 egg
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp thyme
1 tbsp marjoram
1 clove of garlic, minced
1-2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
3 servings of Baked Garlic Pita Chips, crushed to crumbs- total of 9 chips(from the Fat Burning Meal Plan recipe book)
OR look below...oh...it's right here...

Baked Garlic Pita Chips
Makes 48 chips
Olive oil spray for the baking sheets
4(6-inch) whole-wheat pita breads
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed (I mince mine)
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 400F.  Spray two rimmed baking sheets with olive oil spray.

ONE: Working with one pita at a time, use a pair of kitchen scissors to cut along the outside edges and separate each into 2 circles.

TWO: Stack the circles and cut them in half.  Cut each half into 3 wedges; you'll have 48 triangles.  Arrange the triangles on the prepared baking sheets so that the side that was the inside of the pita is facing up.

THREE: In a small dish, combine the olive oil with the garlic.  Lightly brush each pita triangle with the oil garlic mixture; brush only the side that is facing up.  Sprinkle the pitas with the salt. 

FOUR: Bake until the chips are lightly browned around the edges and crisp, turning the pans once during baking, 8 to 10 minutes.  Let cool slightly or completely before serving. (Pita chips can be stored in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.) I have kept them in Ziploc bags for over a week.

Nutrients per serving: Calories: 53.6, Fat: 2.9g, Protein: 1.1g, Carbs: 6.2g, Sodium: 89.9mg
NOTE: Remember to input the ingredients that YOU use, into your recipe calculator to ensure you get the correct calorie count

Okay so there is the recipe for the chips.  I suggest you make the pita chips up the day before, so it doesn't seem like a huge task just before dinner.

Here are the steps for the burgers...
ONE: In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients and stir well.  Once mixed, form into 4 patties(about 4oz each) Place patties on a foiled baking tray, cover and place tray in the fridge for a few hours or overnight, if desired. 

TWO: Heat a large skillet or grill.  Cook until they are no longer pink inside.  Approximately 5-6 minutes per side.  Once they are cooked fully transfer to four individual plates.  (You can serve them up on buns with tomato slices and lettuce too.)

Nutrients per burger patty: Calories 268, Fat: 11.8g, Saturated Fat, 3.1g, Protein: 28.7g, Sodium: 265mg, Carbs: 10g, Fiber: 2.5g

The Best Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Smoked Paprika & Leeks
 
 Serves 8
INGREDIENTS:
2 lb Brussels Sprouts
3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
3 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, ends trimmed
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, optional

INSTRUCTIONS:
ONE: Preheat oven to 425F.  Ensure two oven racks are positioned in top and bottom thirds of oven.

TWO: Trim 1/4 inch from end of each sprout and remove any yellow or blemished outer leaves.  Cut sprouts i half through root and place into a large mixing bowl.  Toss sprouts with 2 Tbsp oil, paprika, cumin and cinnamon until coated.  Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet, cut sides of sprouts facing down.

THREE: Cut leeks in half lengthwise and rinse inside of leek thoroughly.  Lightly brush cut sides with remaining 1 Tbsp oil.  Season with salt and pepper.  Arrange leeks on a second baking tray and place tray on bottom rack of oven.  Place sprouts on top rack of oven.  Roast for about 15 minutes, until sprouts are golden brown and tender and leeks are softened.  Remove both from oven, chop leeks into 1-inch-wide pieces and toss in a larger bowl with sprouts.

FOUR: Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper and toss until coated.  Transfer to plates and sprinkle with Parmesan, if desired.

Nutrients per 1 1/2 cup serving: Calories: 116, Total Fat: 6g, Sat. Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Carbs: 15g, Sugars: 4g, Protein: 4g, Sodium: 50mg, Cholesterol: 0mg 

  
My husband always laughs at me because I always seem to forget one small ingredient in the meals I make, this one was no exception.  As I was typing out the recipe, I realized I forgot to serve it up with the Parmesan cheese.  Oh well, it does state that it is OPTIONAL.  Next time I will remember.
This meal was great!  Total Calories for my dinner: 408.  The kids gave it the thumbs up. 
It is very similar to a meal from the Body Revolution Kickstart meal plan.  I looked back at my log, and found the Turkey Burgers were served with Brussels Sprouts and Carrots.  The spices are different from each, to give them both a very different flavor.

I had a reader ask me a question in regards to entering their recipes into MFP recipe calculator.  The best way to figure out amounts of certain ingredients is to use a food scale.  I won't lie to you, it is a bit time consuming to enter the recipes, but it is worth the time, YOU are worth it.  Once you enter it, it's done...you won't have to enter it again.  I do enter all my recipes into the calculator to make sure I get my calories correct.

Here is a picture of the food scale I use...

To measure 1 1/2 pounds of sweet potato, throw them on the scale and weigh them in. 
By checking the numbers on this scale, will help bring the numbers down on the bathroom scale.

Well I think I have said enough for today.  I must get some rest so that I remember to wear pants that won't fall down in the morning.  It's Weighted Butt Kicks day!  In other words, It's Wear the Wrong Pants and You Will Lose Them Day!

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

6 comments:

  1. You're doing a great job. Keep upi the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee...awesome abs, girl!! WOO HOO!!!

    Your recipes sound great. Looking forward to trying both turkey burgers & brussel sprouts. I absolutely LIVE with my food scale & am disappointed that Jillian doesn't provide more weight-measurements in her recipes...it would make it much easier to trust her nutritional information. I reclaculate everything just for that reason & have had quite a few discrepencies.

    Hope your pants stayed up & you (literally) kicked some butt this morning!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ct,

      Thanks! My pants stayed up today, and I did kick butt!

      Trina

      Delete
  3. Hey Trina,

    I've been glancing over your blog tonight - love it!. Your results are great! From what I can see we actually have similar starting weights, similar heights and similar levels of fitness going into this. Not sure if you've mentioned this in your posts as I haven't read through them all yet, but how many calories are you eating in a day? I was listening to one of Jillian's podcasts and she mentions setting them higher if you have a lower starting weight.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi gymrat,

      Thanks for checking out my blog.

      Right now I am eating between 1050-1300 calories/day. It's all good clean foods that are going into my body. Calories burned range from 225-320 for the workouts I have done so far. I am feeling great and loving this workout program.

      Thanks again for reading.

      Trina

      Delete