Friday, March 30, 2012

Body Revolution Day 47 of 90

Day 47 = Workout 8

"You can't help others, until you help yourself."~This is the thought that came to me this morning after my workout. I was thinking about the questions and comments that I have received from my blog readers. You all ROCK, by the way.

It's one thing to talk to people about eating right, exercising, losing weight and feeling great. BUT, if it's just words coming out of your mouth to sell a product that "could" "maybe" do all of that, and you are not actually eating right and exercising yourself, then how are you setting a good example to those who you are talking too.  No amount of money, or cars, or vacations can replace the way you truly feel inside.  All those things are temporary.  If you don't take care of YOU, nothing else matters.  I am not getting paid by Jillian Michaels to write these great things about Body Revolution http://www.jillianmichaelsbodyrevolution.com/, I just want to show others that this program can work.  If you set your mind to it, you too, can conquer this 90-day program.   
I want to show you, that ME, Trina, a real person that some of my readers know personally, CAN do this. I haven't been in any "test" group and no professional photos have been taken.(Although some of my food pictures have looked pretty good...LOL)  It's not about gimmicks, fake foods, cleanses, pills, or surgeries...it's about FOCUS, HARD WORK & EATING CLEAN.  Once you get your head around it all, it's easy, with exception to the hard work, during your workouts.  You  have to push yourself to do it.  To become a Healthier Version of YOU!  That's what I wanted for myself, and I am almost there.

Okay...enough of my morning thought.  Onto to Workout 8...

My pants didn't fall down today!!!  Yay!!!  Last night before I went to bed, I pulled out a pair of pants I knew weren't going anywhere.  'Cause in this workout you have "Weighted Butt Kicks", "Weighted Jump Rope" and "Suicides".  All three of these have the pants dropping potential if you are wearing bottoms that are not secure.  So "Bottoms Up!"

Again, weights used in this one 4's, 5's and 10's, plus the resistance cable.  I may need to get something heavier for the weeks to come.  Or I could put my wrists weights on I guess, if needed.  The reason I say this is because in today's workout, the "Dead Lifts", I could have done MORE in the weights.  I had my 10's, but I think I could have used something heavier.  My arms held strong for the "Weighted Warrior 3".  It's so surprising how quickly your body and mind can change.  On Tuesday when I did this one, I thought my arms were going to fall off.  Today, it was still tough, but I knew that I could do it.  A couple times I lost my balance, but I got right back into Warrior 3.  I even tried pushing the UP button in this one.  Jillian makes Kenta (I think that is his name), she makes him punch while in this position.  SO...I tried it, not too bad...balance is the key with that one.  Next week I will try it again. 
Well, after doing Workout 7 again yesterday, I was not as sore today as I was on Tuesday.  Remember, Jillian made me "hurt when I breathed" after Workout 7.  My abs are okay and are stronger now.  This happens with each set of Workouts...the first week of the workouts, I felt sore...the second week, not so bad...it because I am getting stronger.  Then I move forward to the next set of workouts.  Again, the first week...sore..."oh my, I want to die kind of sore"...then, second week comes along and you may think to yourself..."Oh hell yeah!...I can do this!"...and it continues on like that.  Well at least up to the end of the first week of Workouts 7 & 8.(this is how it has been for me anyway) 

Comment/Question: I had someone ask me about being sore in the first week (of workouts), and if they should stay on Workouts 3 & 4 until they perfected the moves/endurance before moving on to the next workouts.

Trina's Answer: It's YOUR workout, so listen to your body.  I think though, as I said above, you will find the second week easier than the first.  Well unless you add more resistance to all of the moves, then no, it will not be easier, but you have become stronger and are ready for what comes next.  Just think of how you felt in the first 2 weeks.  First week hard, second week not so bad...you moved on to the next workouts.  You can do it again too.  It's all about moving forward, getting stronger, becoming a healthier version of YOU.  And you will!

Today's food...
Breakfast: Greek Yogurt with Quinoa Crunch & Berries           
              
In the Fat Burning Meal Plan recipe book it states that the Quinoa Crunch will last in an airtight container for "up to 1 week".  I made a double batch of this and I have had it stored in an airtight container for just over a month.  I made it on Thursday February 23rd to be exact.  It stills taste the same as when I first ate it the following day.  So things do last longer than what it states in the book.  I'm sure they have to give a shorter shelf life so that people don't complain if things go bad before the time is up.  Maybe it's just the container I have it in.  Because I had made the Ketchup on Sunday February 26th, had it in the same type of container as the Quinoa Crunch, and it is still good.  I meant to throw it in the freezer but I forgot.  I thought it would have gone bad (you know like a science experiment for mold),but it is still good to go.  I did throw it in the freezer today though, just in case. 

Lunch: Roasted Chicken with Whole-Wheat Pasta and Spinach Pesto
Thawed out from frozen in the fridge overnight and heated up today...it was delicious! 


I was worried about this one and how it would taste after being in the freezer.  It tasted just as good as fresh maybe even better.  Maybe because I slaved over the stove that day making it...LOL...and I was too tired to enjoy the flavors this meal has to offer.

Snack: Chocolate-Covered Carrot Cake Pop
See Thursday March 22nd post for the recipe for this one.  They freeze up nicely, so if you make a batch for you and your family and you have any leftovers...throw them in the freezer so they won't tempt you while they are sitting in the fridge.  The recipe for the carrot cake is nice too, like if you don't have the time to make the cake pops, the cake is very good just as it is. 

Look at that self control...I took a bite and then put it down to take a picture for you all.

Dinner: Roasted Chicken with Red Onion, Red Pepper & Mushroom Stir-fry
No real recipe for this.  Just veggies and chicken.

It was a great meal on a cold March night.

I picked up the latest issue of Clean Eating magazine tonight.  I haven't had the chance to look through it yet.  I will peruse through it tonight and find some more clean recipes to try and then share with you.  You can also check out Clean Eating at http://www.cleaneating.com/ One recipe I did see is the Lemon Bars on the last page.  Only 82 calories per 1-2 x 2 inch-bar.  Mmmm........................Okay, so I just looked through it a bit.  There is another Frozen Banana Chocolate recipe in it.  Chocolate Banana Bonbons...very similar to the Chocolate Cinnamon Frozen Banana Pops from the Fat Burning Meal Plan recipe book.  I think I may have enough chocolate left to make some of these up tomorrow.  There are also some other great snack recipes, such as....Cinnamon Pita Crackers, Crispy Apple Chips, Chile Almonds, Spicy Kale Chips and more.  I am definitely going to try some of these snacks recipes.  Check out the website or pick up your copy at the store.   
So my advice to you is to eat right and exercise and you will reach your goals.  You don't need any "diet" products to get you to a Healthier Version of YOU.  Focus, Hard Work and Eating Clean will get you there.

I just want to share this NSV...Non Scale Victory with you.  I bought myself a pair of Hunter rubber boots a few years ago, even though they were tight around my calves.  I struggled with getting them off many times.  Well...not any more...here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you are looking at my leg AND a real nice gap around the top of my Once Too Tight Hunter Rubber Boots.  Yay!!!!  I will now be able to go out and garden this spring, and easily put my boots on and off.  The other night I was trying on some dresses that I have had in my closet for years, in hopes that I would be able to wear them again.  I will share another NSV picture with you another day.  I am going to look over my new magazine now and make some notes and maybe a grocery list.  Tomorrow I will be shedding some more fat with Cardio 2. 
Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night.

Trina

1 comment:

  1. I love that NSV!!! Way to go!!!

    I totally love the greek yogurt with the quinoa crunch and berries!!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete