Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Run and A Spin

It was a spring like day today so I decided to go out for a run.  You know me, Bad-Weather-Wimpy-Runner.  But not today, it was beautiful.  Today I began the 5K-to-10K program with Week 1 Day 1.  It felt good to be out running again, and I do need to try and get out more often with this program, than I did with the C-to-5K.  I did get it finished though, and I will with this one too.

After my run, I came inside and got on my spin bike and had a quick ride.  It’s been too long since I have been on my bike.  I planned on getting on it more in the days and weeks to come.  Yesterday I registered for the Spin12 fundraiser coming up on Saturday February 9th.   

 
Spin12 is an indoor cycling (“spinning”) fundraising event where participants spin together in teams of 6 or 12, and raise funds for St. Mary’s General Hospital Regional Cardiac Centre. This year, Spin 12 will be held at a new location, the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex on Saturday, February 9th, 2013.

I will update my “Events With Me” page with all the information.  I am really looking forward to that day.  If you would like to sponsor me please follow this link…


Every little bit helps.  Thank you.

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Winter Morning Quinoa


It wasn't much of a winter morning, as I said it was more like a spring morning.  After I hit the spin bike this morning, I whipped up my breakfast.  I changed up the recipe for this one.  I didn't have any walnuts in my cupboard, so I used slivered almonds instead.  I added another dash of cinnamon on the top.  I also used honey instead of the optional Stevia that the recipe calls for.




This one wasn't one of my favourites, but it was still good.  It could have been because I used the slivered almonds instead of walnuts.



I took my breakfast into the room where I have my puzzle and I finished it while eating my Winter Morning Quinoa.








Here are the 1500 pieces I have been working on for the past week…
The best part about doing a puzzle is breaking it apart once you have spent many hours putting it together.  LOL

Lunch:  Turkey Sandwich

Great Sandwich!

Snack: Chocolate Banana Protein Shake
I added a banana to this one because the banana was on its way out and I didn't want to waste it.

So a few extra added calories for today.

Dinner: Salmon with Brown Rice & Asparagus

This…I loved!

Snack: Greek Yogurt with Blueberries & Slivered Almonds
Because I had a nice sleep last night and only woke up at 9am...Ah...a nice sleep in Saturday, all my meals were a bit later than normal.  I decided to finish my day off with Snack 2.


I must cut this post short because my children are trying to help me to type this out and the fights are starting, so I am going to say good night and try to chill out.

Tomorrow is Rest Day but I may do a little something in the way of exercise.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina 

No comments:

Post a Comment