Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Sleep-in-Snowy-Kind-of Morning Full of…


DANCE!!!!

Yes I did hit the snooze button quite a bit this morning but I still got up and got in a couple dance workouts.  Before heading downstairs, I looked out the window and noticed that it had snowed yet again.  I am not bothered by it because I know Spring is in the air and the temperatures this weekend are to be up, so I am hoping some of the snow melts away so that this Wimpy-Weather-Runner can get back out there again.  There is another thing that is keeping me inside and it’s driving me crazy. 

It’s this…
…my puzzle.  It is such a good puzzle.  
This picture is an older one, I have much more done than shown.

It’s very challenging, and it’s keeping me from doing any extra workouts after work.  Like, yesterday I was thinking I might go out for a run after work.  The weather was pretty nice and the sidewalks and roads weren't too bad.  But the puzzle SUCKED me in, and then I had to make dinner.  DAMN thing.  Good news though, I am almost done it now and I should be in good shape for the weekend.  Which is great news because as I said earlier, the temperatures are supposed to rise; and the sun is to make an appearance. 

This morning’s dance workouts were just what I needed to loosen up.  I thought of doing some yoga, but the dance won out.  I did the ATS Ride the Horse dance again, and then checked out the tutorial of the second dance on the Wet, Wet, Wild dance DVD.  It was a little more difficult to follow, and I wasn’t feeling it.  I needed to do something that I knew…even though my body was up; my brain was still a bit mushy.  I will look at it again when I am fully awake (and when my puzzle is done).

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Spinach Omlette

Snack: Mint Chocolate Shake
I bought a new chocolate protein powder last night...
I used coconut oil instead of flax oil and I only used about 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract.
Very tasty!

Lunch: Savory Chicken & Sweet Potato Hash and a Jazz Apple

This actually tasted better today than it did last night for dinner.

Snack: Greek Yogurt with Blackberries & Cranberry Granola
As you can see from the pictures, I subbed in blackberries to take the place of the blueberries.

Dinner: Steak with Asparagus & Black Quinoa

Change up...Asparagus instead of broccoli for tonight's dinner. 

Today on Facebook the Eat Clean Diet team posted this…


You can (I don’t know for how long) download a copy of Tosca Reno’s “Just the Rules” book.  Check it out and see if the link still works, http://www.eatcleandiet.com/tools_and_support/resources.aspx#.UTlaOdaOSSq.  
I have a hard copy of the book, but it’s a little worn, so I downloaded my copy of earlier today.  
Thanks Tosca!

I added the book to my iBooks library and now this is what my library looks like…

Very healthy and helpful!  Everything I need I my fingertips.

Well I am going to see if I can finish that damn puzzle now, so I can focus my "puzzle" time on extra workouts.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment