Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Addicted To Sweat Jaw Breaker Towel Workout + ATS Dance Wet, Wet, Wild Workout


So last night I told you I was going to see, or I guess, feel how my legs would be this morning before attempting to do the Addicted To Sweat Jaw Breaker Towel Workout again.  My legs were okay BUT my shoulders and arms were sore.  I know that it was from the Bent-over Lateral Raise exercise in yesterday's workout.  They are still sore now, but it feels good.

The ATS JB Towel workout is fantastic.  It is tough, really tough.  My legs just burn when I do this one.  I have been able to get more reps of each move completed, so by that, I know I am getting stronger with doing this one.  If you are not doing this workout, you will not know what I am talking about with this one, but for those of you that ARE doing these workouts you will know all about it.  The Splits…I am getting the hang of it now.  I am not quite up to double time with some of the moves where Nicole picks up the pace.  She’s one strong lady.  One of these days I will just sit and watch her do the workout and count out the number of times our legs are sliding back and forth.  I will only do this AFTER I have completed the workout of course.  I could never just sit there and watch it without doing it first, I would feel WAY to guilty.  I will keep you posted on this.

After the towel workout, I hit the dance floor with the Wet, Wet, Wild e-Ride the Horse dance.  I like this one, and the more I do it, the better I get at it.  I am not touring with Madonna anytime soon, but I can certainly VOGUE.

I give Addicted To Sweat…“A Healthier Version of Me” approval.  Check it out and see for yourself...


Don’t let the toughness of the towel workout get you down; it’s all part of the process of our journeys to A Healthier Version of Ourselves.  You are strong and you can do it.  Look at me…I made it through lots of other tough workouts and I am still working on this one.  It can be done.  And it WILL be done…by ME and YOU.

Let me know if you are doing the ATS workouts or if you plan to.  I would love to hear what you think about them.  I know Darlene LOVES them! LOL She one tough lady, she is now mixing these workouts in with her TapouT XT 2 workouts.  Way to go Darlene!!!  I plan on continuing with them as well when I start TapouT XT next month.  Only 26 more days to go and I will be starting.

I am going to start off today’s food with the recipe I mentioned last night.  I didn’t eat it myself, however I did taste a little bit of it and it was pretty tasty.  It was the Lemon Chicken recipe I found online.  It is a Paleo recipe so if you follow the Paleo way of life with your eating, this one is for you.  The recipe with pictures can also be found by following this link http://crunchymama.net/lemon-chicken-paleo-gluten-free/

Chinese Lemon Chicken (Paleo, Gluten Free)

     INGREDIENTS
            1 lb chicken, sliced 
            1/2 cup tapioca flour
            1/2 cup Fat of your choice for frying (Avocado oil, coconut oil, bacon grease)
            Extra lemon juice to finish

           Marinade:
           1/2 tsp sea salt
           1/2 TBSP dry sherry
           1/2 TBSP coconut aminos
           1 TBSP tapioca flour
           1 TBSP cold water
           1 egg yolk

           Sauce:
           2 TBSP raw honey
           1 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
           3 TBSP chicken stock
           1/2 tsp sea salt
           1 tsp tapioca flour
           1 tsp sesame oil

     INSTRUCTIONS
          ONE: Combine marinade ingredients and marinate chicken for 10-15 minutes. 
                     Then coat in tapioca flour.
          TWO: Heat up fat of your choice in a large skillet and fry chicken pieces until golden 
                      and cooked through
          THREE: Drain chicken and drain skillet except for 1 TBSP of fat
          FOUR: Combine sauce ingredients and cook in skillet until sauce is thick and bubbly
          FIVE: Add chicken back to skillet and stir until all pieces are covered
          SIX: Optionally, squeeze some more fresh lemon juice over chicken for an 
                    extra tangy taste

I will post this on my “Cook With Me” page too.  I will also post another recipe that Darlene has been waiting for, for far too long now…my Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes.  Hopefully I will get that one up tomorrow for her and YOU. 

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Cranberry Cashew Granola with Coconut Yogurt
This breakfast was really good.  I made the granola up this morning while my son was getting ready for school and enjoyed it once I returned from the bus stop.  So breakfast was a little later then usual, but it was worth the wait.

After serving up my portion of granola, I put the rest of it in a glass jar for future use.

Snack: Rice Cake with Natural Peanut Butter and Banana along with Chocolate Protein Shake

I threw some of the banana and peanut butter in with the water and protein powder...just to mix it up a bit.

Lunch: Mixed Green Salad with Tuna served with Avocado Hummus and Baked Pita Chips


I was hoping to have more of this delicious hummus.  I think I get some more tomorrow too.  That’s good, because it would be a shame to have it go to waste because no one else in my family is eating it.  I may have to freeze the last two servings of it.

Snack: Cottage Cheese and Pineapple
This snack was supposed to be cottage cheese and a pear, but I forgot to buy some pears on the weekend.  Since I still had some fresh pineapple leftover from last week, I thought I would use that instead.  CLEAN ingredients in the house, makes for CLEAN snack choices.   

Dinner: Grilled Chicken with Baked Sweet Potato and Steamed Spinach
No change up with this meal, just a little bit late.  My children had swimming tonight and I decided that I would eat after we got back home.  I wasn’t really feeling all that hungry before when the rest of my family ate, so I waited.
Again...it was worth the wait.

Tomorrow I will be hitting the Oxygen Magazine “Build Your Best Body” workout again in the morning.  I will figure out “day” I am on and update here on my posts.  Today was my Rest Day for the Squat Challenge, tomorrow I will be ROCKIN’ out 150 Squats.  These are on top of the squats I will be doing during the BYBB workout.  If you have taken up the challenge or you are thinking of doing it, remember you don’t have to bust out ALL the squats at one time.  Space them out through your day.  Remember I told you about when I was pregnant with my son, I used to go to the bathroom and when I was finished, before leaving the stall, I would knock out about 10-12 squats or so.  So even if you are at work, and you had about 5 bathroom breaks in your day; that could be 50 squats DONE.  The most I have done at one time since starting this challenge is 40.  Tomorrow I may try to do 3 sets of 50 reps.

Look what I got out of the post box today…

Yep!  It’s the April 2013 issue.

I skimmed through it earlier, and hope to have more time tomorrow to read it through.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina



No comments:

Post a Comment