Monday, February 20, 2012

Body Revolution Day 8 or 90

Body Revolution Day 8 of 90

Day 8 = Workout 1
This morning I remembered to bring all my dumb bells down.  Now in addition to my 4 lbs, I have 5, 8 and 10 pounders to work with.  In today's workout, I used the 5's and 8's.  I used the 5's for triceps and shoulder/chair and the 8's for the chest fly(you're lying down...right??, so try a heavier weight, only if you can).  I also added weight to the second set of "Sumo Squats".  Yes, I could have added the jumps, but I added the weight instead.  Some days you just don't feel like jumping.  And today, was my day.  Not much more to say on this workout today.  I will probably be feeling it tomorrow though.
Today here in Canada, is Family day.  That = NO work for me.  That's funny, my internal clock did not know that then.  I woke up a bit  later, as I did turn my 5:30am alarm off last night.  I got up at 6:30am and got ready to work out. I LOVE IT!  I look forward to my workouts again.  When I first started on MyFitnessPal(May 27, 2011) I was the same way.  I looked forward to getting up and taking on the day by starting it with a great workout.  By about mid-October, I was feeling a bit sluggish.  The clocks changed, the weather was getting cooler and it was much darker in the mornings when my alarm would go off.  All I wanted to do was snuggle under my duvet and sleep.  And that I did, some mornings.  I knew I had to take some drastic measures to keep getting my workouts in.  Some days, I did do some spinning later in the day, but it just wasn't the same. I stepped it up in November, but it was still a challenge to get up some mornings.  So...in December, I changed my ring tone alarm from "Don't Cha" to "I'm Sexy and I Know It".  Just little changes can make a BIG difference.  In January, I started and completed my second full round of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.  I NEEDED more of a challenge.(I know I could have added more weight in this, and next time I will).  However, the moves I knew and I wanted MORE.  And that is when I heard about JM's Body Revolution.  90 days....yes in deed.  That was my next challenge.  I did a few days of her Extreme Shed & Shred(which by the way, is a VERY good workout) and I ordered Body Revolution as soon as I could.  I am so glad I did it right away, because Jillian had posted a note on Facebook the other day stating that BR is on back order now.  It is so popular, the first lot sold out FAST.  She did ensure that they are making them as fast as they can to fill the orders. 
Tips for if you are waiting for your copy to arrive:
1. Start cleaning out your kitchen cupboards, fridge and freezers  I don't mean, just throw everything away.  Use up some of the processed(blah) stuff that you may have in there(OR just throw it away).  Make sure you have room in your freezer for your healthier meals(or food prep) that you may be freezing in the weeks to come.  Organize your spices, oils and sauces, that way, you will know what you have on hand and it will help cut down on that first grocery bill.
2.  Stalk the post box
3.  Organize your own home gym.  Make sure you have your mat and your weights...ALL of your weights.  You will get the resistance band with your BR package.
4.  Stalk the post box
5.  Get your mind set on what you are going to be starting and COMPLETING.  We can all start something.  The key is to complete it.  That's when you get results.  Don't let the infomercial intimidate you, or by what you have read about this program(even in this blog), you can do it, and you know you can.
6.  Stalk the post box(not the postal carrier, that's just creepy)
7.  Keep working out.  Stick with your workouts that you are already doing.  The stronger you get while you wait, the easier it will be. Now just remember, just because I said "easier", doesn't mean you get to take it easy when you begin the Revolution.
8.  Hopefully by now, it has arrived.  If not...
9.  Take a deep breath in, and head back down to the post box.
Like in the movie "Field of Dreams"..."if you build it, he(in this case it's a SHE) will come".  If you build a healthier environment and a strong mind and body, the Revolution, YOUR Body Revolution WILL come.
Let's talk about FOOD...
The Blueberry Banana Muffins were delicious...yum.  I heated it up and I did add just a touch of Becel Olive Oil margarine on it.  Did I mention that it was yummy???

For lunch I made up the Chili-lime Shrimp Skewers with Pineapple-mint Salsa served with the Barley with Roasted Cauliflower and Almonds.  It was so good.  Now if you don't like or eat shrimp.  You could definitely try it with chicken or if you are a vegetarian, maybe zucchini skewers.  I cut the Shrimp recipe in half and the Barley into thirds.  I can enjoy this for another lunch, probably on Wednesday of this week, and my husband and kids can have the leftover Barley and Cauliflower for dinner tonight.

For my snack, Oranges with Lemon-Vanilla Yogurt Cream
Tonight for dinner, I will be making the Beef Stir-fry with Broccoli & Shiitake Mushrooms

 The first few meals will probably be the most time consuming.  You will get into your groove and you will be able to fill those spots in the freezer with future meals.
Since it is Family Day(Canada), I must go spend some more time with my husband and kids.
Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment