Monday, February 20, 2012

Body Revolution Day 7 - February 19, 2012

Body Revolution Day 7 (Kickstart)

Ahhhhh...rest day.
Anything is better than nothing...
I have had a few people comment on my blog or message me, saying that they are intimidated by Body Revolution.  DON'T BE!  You made the first step by ordering it.  The next BIG step, and most important step is to start it.  It doesn't matter if you can't use the 2, 5 or 8 pound dumb bells(this past week, I was only using 4 pound dumb bells myself, I kept forgetting to bring my other ones down to where I workout) OR if you can only do a few "Suicides".  You WILL get there.  ANYTHING is BETTER than NOTHING.  I counted out the "Suicides", we do about 23 of them.  So if the first time you do Cardio 1, and you can only do 3 or 4, that's fantastic.  Next time you may do 5 or 6, and so on.  Your body will get stronger and so will your mind.  You will start to think and KNOW that you CAN do this.  WE CAN do this!  Together we are going to be a bunch of healthy, HOT and happy people.
 When I was a spinning instructor, I had so many people tell me, "it looks too hard" or "I will have to lose 20 lbs before I could do a spinning class".  A spin class is what YOU make it, and if you start spinning, it will help you lose some of that 20 lbs.  I used to tell my class during the warm up, "You have already done the hardest part, the hardest part is walking through the door of the cycling studio, the rest is just FUN!"  Just like Body Revolution, make it YOURS and you will succeed.
Since today was a Rest Day, I spent the day planning and shopping.  I planned out my meals for the week and created a grocery list.  The 7-Day Kickstart meal plan comes with a grocery list, which is nice(even though I didn't use it).  However, the 90-day meal plan, does NOT have a grocery list, which kind of sucks.  BUT, it also allows you to mix things up a bit.  So it will require a little bit of your time to plan and sort things out.  I know we are all busy with work, family, friends and just living, but we are worth it, YOU are worth taking that time out of your busy life to plan, for a healthier life.  That's why we are all here right?  If we don't take the time, we might not be here much longer.
I had purchased a beef tenderloin last weekend and still had it in the fridge.  Today I cut it up and prepped it for my Beef Stir Fry with Broccoli and Shiitake Mushrooms dinners.  I cut, weighed, packaged(1 lb per bag), labelled and froze the beef.  I made a note, in my calendar on my iPhone, when to take it out of the freezer.  I had enough beef to get me through to Day 90, I think I will be enjoying about 7 of those dinners over the 3 months.  Some of the meals and snacks this coming week will have leftovers, so I will be repeating some of them in the week.  Others, that I can freeze, I will freeze.  Your first grocery shop may be higher than the ones in the future.  You may have to buy some spices, sauces and other things that you will only use a bit at a time.  At least then, you will have them in your kitchen.  Fruits, vegetables, meats and seafood will need to be purchased fresh each week.  UNLESS...you prep the meat, (whether it be chicken or beef) all at one time.  Next weekend, I will purchase some chicken breasts and prep them like I did with the beef(right now I have loads of frozen chicken in the freezer already).  So take the time to prepare your grocery list and know what you need and when you need it.  It's a lifestyle change, NOT A DIET. 
I did step on the scale again this morning...no change from yesterday.  I think I will step on it again tomorrow, and then not until next Monday.  I will then only do weekly weigh-ins.  I will take my measurements again tomorrow too, and then those will become monthly updates.
I feel great after completing the 7-Day Kickstart, and I am looking forward to week 2.
Have a great evening and I will talk to you again, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment