Thursday, March 1, 2012

Body Revolution Day 18 of 90

Day 18 = Workout 3

I pushed the UP button today in Workout 3.  I used heavier weights for all of the weighted exercises, except for Tree Pose/Lateral Raise.  <<<I like this one a lot.  When you do this move in the workout, be sure to focus on a spot to help you with your balance.  Jillian doesn't mention this until the second time through.  So it helps if you don't look at the TV while doing this move.  Stare at the floor, ceiling or wall, just concentrate on something that is not moving.  I think next week I may TRY, pushing the UP button on this one and use the 8 lb weights.   After my workout, I checked my HRM, it read 300 calories burned...WICKED!  It's kind of wild that this workout burns more calories than Cardio 1...maybe I'm just not working hard enough in Cardio 1.  Nahhhh...this workout is almost 10 minutes longer than Cardio 1...yeah, that's right.  LOL 

Once I showered and got dressed, I made my way to the kitchen to make breakfast.  Freshly baked Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins...mmm

Breakfast- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffin
Fresh out of the oven

Packed, labelled and threw the rest in the freezer for a later date.
These muffins were really good.  So far, I think, the Blueberry Banana muffins are my favorite, then these ones above...yes that's right, the Blueberry beat the Chocolate ones.  Pumpkin Cranberry come in third place.  I found them just a bit on the dry side...just a bit.

Lunch: Shrimp and Watermelon Salad with Roasted Garlic Beets
 This was delicious.  I was looking forward to making this as soon as I saw the picture of it.  I used baby spinach as my base.  I didn't have the jicama that it called for, but that's okay.  It's okay to change up the recipes a bit as long as you stay within the calories allotted for the meals.  My salad recipe came to 309 calories, Jillian's were 310.4...very close.  Okay here are a few pictures...


Lunch Prep...

Lunch is served.

Even if you are not following the Fat Burning Meal Plan for the 90 days, try this recipe.  It's a nice, light and fresh salad.  Now if you don't like shrimp, try it with some poached chicken.  When you poach the chicken, following the recipe the same(same spices and such), when cooking the chicken, just add on cooking time in the pan, until the chicken is fully cooked.  I haven't tried that yet, but I bet you it would be just as good.

Snack: Chocolate Cinnamon Frozen Banana Pops...enough said...mmm...mmm
Do you think you need to see them again?  There is only one left in the freezer, so you might see this snack come up again real soon. LOL  So, you DO need to see them again!  Okay, alright...

Like I said, "there is only one left".
Dinner: Beef Stir-fry with Broccoli and Shiitake Mushrooms
Remember this was the same dish I made up back on Day 8.  I had a note in my calendar, on my iPhone, to take the beef out of the freezer yesterday, so it could thaw out, in preparation for tonight's dinner.  It made it so much easier to prepare the meal.  Cooking it up...


All of today's meals were from the Fat Burning Meal Plan.

I am showing you my meals and preparation, to help you realize that it's not enough just to do the workouts alone.  You have to fuel your body with good food, no, GREAT food.   Like I said yesterday, I don't want to have to workout for hours. 

I had a friend message me to ask
"Question? I'm not doing the kick start, but can I do cardio on most days, except rest day, or do I follow her schedule to the letter? Looking at the schedule, she only has you doing cardio 2 times a week?"
My answer kind of went like this...and some...

It's totally up to the individual on how often you do Cardio workouts.  It's a personal choice.  There are cardio moves mixed into the Workouts, so you are doing cardio more than twice a week.  You don't want to burn yourself out, so take it easy. 
I started with the Kickstart program, so I did Cardio everyday for the first week(6 days) 1 Rest Day.  I then started with week 2(Day 8 of 90).  I am following the workout schedule as written in the book.  I am trying to show people how this program will work as it is written.  There are so many people that try something, and don't get the results they thought the program(s) would give them.  Is it possible they don't get the results, because they don't follow the plan the way it is supposed to be followed?  I can't say for sure.  But that is why I am sticking to the program as best I can.  I will do the workouts as written, but as you know, that I have changed some of the meals, but still sticking within the correct calorie count.
I have had better results doing this program as written, than I had when I was working out with those crazy 1000 calorie burn days back in November.  I didn't really lose anything in November.  That SUCKED! 
I'm LOVING the way the weight is coming off with me doing less...that doesn't suck at all.  I snuck a weigh in this morning(i didn't log it though)I am down another pound from the last official weigh-in. But don't tell anyone...yet!
We all paid the same amount of money for this program(well maybe (we)Canadians had to pay more, as I got dinged with the duty), so get the most out of it.  But remember less in more.  Just because I paid more for the program, does not mean I need to use it more.  I will use what I paid for.  I don't need Jillian yelling at me to do "Suicides" every single day for 90 days.  If you do the program as written, I believe you won't get bored and give up.  It's always changing.  Like, today's Workout 3 was different from Monday's Workout 3, because I pushed the UP button.  Next week, the UP button will move up the wall a couple inches.  I will reach up a push it...PUSH IT REAL GOOD.  After that, I will move onto Workouts 5 & 6.  So you see, it's always changing.  Again, don't burn yourself out by doing something YOU DON'T NEED TO DO.

Well I think I have said enough for today.  And to think, when I first sat down at my computer, I didn't know what I was going to talk about.

Tomorrow is workout 4 again...until then...

Good night...zzz 

No comments:

Post a Comment