Friday, May 4, 2012

Body Revolution Day 82 of 90

Day 82 = Workout 12

Yay!!!! It's FRIDAY!!!!  This week has been a long one.

I pushed the UP button again this morning. I used 8 lb dumbbells for the Weighted One Legged Squat Jumps, I'm tired just typing all those words. LOL.  I used to use 5's.  I also added 5 lb weights to the Press Ups.  AND...call me crazy, but I picked up and used 5 lb dumbbells for the Dancing Crabs in Circuit 4. "Push the UP button...Jillian!"<<< that's my voice. LOL "Come on, get those legs up, use those weights"...still me..."There's always more, Jillian, come on...pick it up girl!"

And more is what I did today!

My Plank Hold Challenge Revolution

Today after Workout 12...I ROCKED out an ALL-time high time of 5:03.5>>>> Less than 2 minutes to get to my goal...I may hit Lucky 7(minutes) by the end of the 90 days.  More so after Workout 12 than, 11 or Cardio 3.  I did something a bit different this morning...I stacked my feet after about 1 minute in, for about 1 minute each side, then I went back to 2 feet on the ground.  Not sure if you would call it cheating or not, because it actually felt better when I was on just one foot. 

Body Revolution is fantastic!  If there wasn't an extra week(13), tomorrow would be my last workout day.  I am thinking, if I decide to go through BR again, I will figure out which workouts challenged me the most, and I will do them through the last week(13).  For this round, I will do the program as designed, as I have said throughout the last 82 days.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Steel-Cut Oats with Berries

            
                                               I love the berries with the steel-cut oats.

I noticed many people on http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ have commented that the Body Revolution meal plan is not affordable or not your everyday food.  I know that I have touched on this subject before in previous posts, but I just want to talk about it again.  As I am nearing the end of the 90 days, I am seeing what foods I have left in the freezer and in the pantry.  This morning when I made my breakfast, I noticed that I will have 1 maybe 2 more servings of Steel-Cut Oat remaining.  I purchased this bag during my first Body Revolution grocery shop.  I have only bought 2 bottles of Olive Oil and have not opened them yet, as I have been using the 2 bottles that I already had open.  Any vinegar that is called for in the recipes, whether it's cider, white, champagne etc...I still have loads left.   I did just purchase another bag of Pearled Barley, only because I had made a few other meals using it.  The items that I buy fresh each week are fruits, vegetables and some meats and fish.  So I am eating clean and my wallet is not getting clean out at the same time.  Yay!!!  Yes, some items are more expensive, but as I said, I AM WORTH IT!  And so are YOU!  So spend a little extra on good CLEAN food and keep the crap in the crap aisles at the grocery store.

Lunch: Roasted Salmon with Pepita& Cumin Seed Crust/Barely with Roasted Cauliflower & Almonds


While I prepared Chinese food for the daycare kids, I just heated up a serving of yesterday's lunch meal to enjoy again today.  It was great because I was running behind at bit at making lunch, so it was nice to have something already made up. 

Snack: Caramel Custard Tarts
Sound delicious and fattening????  They are delicious and they would be fattening if you ate the whole plate of them...
This snack is from the new issue of the Clean Eating magazine.
I told you I was going to look through it last night and share something with you.  They are not that difficult to make.  Since my cupboards are much CLEANER in the way of foods and supplies that are in them, I had all of the ingredients in house.  So...I made them up today.  And...they are very good!
SO...
Here is the recipe...
CARAMEL CUSTARD TARTS
MAKES 6 TARTS. HANDS-ON TIME: 20 MINUTES. TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR
(INCLUDES CHILLING TIME) (I made 7 tarts)

INGREDIENTS:

1 large egg
• 1 tbsp organic evaporated cane juice
• 1 tbsp brown rice flour
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 2/3 cup 1% milk
• 3 sheets whole-wheat phyllo dough
• 1 tbsp organic unsalted butter, melted, divided(I used coconut oil, melted)
• 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
• 3 tbsp Sucanat


INSTRUCTIONS:


ONE: Prepare custard: In a medium bowl, whisk egg, cane juice, flour and vanilla until well combined. In a small saucepan, heat milk on medium until small bubbles form around edges of pan. Slowly add egg mixture, whisking constantly until combined. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until beginning to boil and thick enough to coat back of spoon, 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon custard into a separate medium bowl and let cool slightly. Cover surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes. Wipe out saucepan.

TWO: Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange 1 sheet phyllo on a flat surface. (TIP: Cover remaining sheets with damp paper towel to prevent drying.) Lightly brush top of sheet with 1 tsp butter and sprinkle with one-third of cinnamon. Repeat with remaining sheets, butter and cinnamon. Stack sheets, butter side up, to form 3 layers. Cut stack in half lengthwise and stack the 2 halves to form 6 layers. Cut this stack in half lengthwise, then slice each stack crosswise into thirds to make 6 rectangles total.

THREE: Line a muffin tin with phyllo, pressing each rectangle down with your fingers to set into cups. Bake until golden brown and bottoms are crisp when lightly touched, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside until cool enough to handle. Transfer pastry shells to a wire rack to cool completely.

FOUR: Just prior to serving, spoon 1½ tbsp custard into each pastry shell; set aside. Prepare caramel: In small saucepan, combine Sucanat and 3 tbsp water and heat on medium-high. Cook, stirring constantly, until Sucanat dissolves, about 1 minute. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced, about 2 minutes. (TIP: Caramel can burn easily, so watch carefully. To check if caramel is fully thickened, run a wooden spoon along the bottom of pan; if the spoon creates a clean line, the sauce is ready.

FIVE: Spoon caramel over top of tarts, dividing evenly. Set aside until caramel cools and hardens, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately.


NUTRIENTS PER SERVING (1 TART):
CALORIES: 117, TOTAL FAT: 3 g, SAT. FAT: 2 g, CARBS: 18 g, FIBER: 1 g, SUGARS: 9 g, PROTEIN: 3 g, SODIUM: 80 mg, CHOLESTEROL: 42 mg

Dinner: Veggie & Turkey Sausage Ragu


I was so glad I had some meals in the freezer that I could thaw out and heat up.  After I was done with the daycare today, I didn't not feel like making anything.  I was just planning on snacking on Baked Garlic Pita Chips and Guacamole and maybe 2 more Caramel Custard Tarts.  I did eat another tart but no Chips and Guacamole.  I did eat this though...


How could I resist??? 
 It was served up by this little cutie pie of a waitress...


Notice her necklace???
She wanted one just like mummy's.  Only with Pink and magenta beads.
So here it is...


And that means that I have the Stay Strong Necklace prize too.  I will take a picture of it tomorrow and post it, so keep your answers coming in.  Don't give up Darlene...you are too close.  LOL

Until then...Stay Strong!

Have a great evening.

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment