Sunday, May 27, 2012

Rest Day?

May 27, 2012

Okay...So it's ah...9:37pm and I am just sitting down now to rest.  It's been a busy day...cleaning, planting, organizing the kitchen, grocery shopping and more cleaning, and the house is still not totally clean.  But it is coming along nicely.  My trick now is to ignore the mess the kids have made, and clean up the rest.  Because if I keep cleaning up their mess, nothing else will get down.  The yard work is coming along too. 

Here is a beautiful clematis that finally bloomed this year...

Gorgeous!

Since today was a so called Rest Day, all that is left is the FOOD!

Today's food...
Breakfast: Steel-Cut Oats with Apples & Almonds
This morning I didn't have any cinnamon near by to put in the oats, so I used pumpkin pie spice instead.  It was nice.  It reminded me of the fall, not that I want to rush the spring and summer by, but I LOVE pumpkin pie and it was like having Pumpkin Apple Pie.


Lunch: Southern Style Chicken Burger
We grabbed some lunch before going grocery shopping.  I ordered my burger with no bun, sauce on the side and the bacon that was on the top of the chicken, I gave it to my son and daughter.  Instead of fries, I chose the side salad with a Greek vinaigrette.

The salad and the chicken hit the spot AND it was the healthy choice.

Snack: Tropical Quinoa Health Bars/Red Grapes/Cherries
It was a snacking kind of day again while cleaning and planting and organizing and shopping and cleaning

Dinner:  Churkey Chili
Yay!! For frozen home cooked meals.  It was later than I thought it was by the time we got home from grocery shopping, so it was nice to look in the freezer and pull out a prepared meal that only needed to be defrosted and reheated.
The Churkey Chili is made with ground Chicken and ground Turkey.

Tonight is the night before my first day of RushFit. 


I had my husband take some more pictures of me, in a bathing suit this time.  I will use them as my "Before" RushFit pictures and I will put on the same bathing suit and take some "After" shots at the end of the program.  I may be taking a week off from the program as we have some holidays coming up in July.  Don't worry though, I will replace it with something from the "Jillian" library.  I purchased about 6 of her programs through iTunes over the last year, so I can put them on my iPhone and do them anywhere. 

I will be putting a RushFit ticker on the side on my blog so that you can see my progress through numbers too.  I will update my weight and measurements at the end of week 1. 

In regards to meals and snacks, I will still follow some of Jillian's meals, from the Fat Burning Meal Plan recipe book, as well as Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet Cookbook and Clean Eating Cookbook, meals from issues of Clean Eating magazine and my own creations as well.  It will be CLEAN and it will be GREAT!  I hope all of you, that have, or are going through Body Revolution, have learned HOW to eat clean and eat right.  I know it's hard sometimes to stay on track, but once you try it and stick with it over the 90 days, it just becomes YOU, it becomes the way you want to be...Clean and Great!  And you are!

Well, I must get off to bed now.  My first day of Week 1 of RushFit is Strength and Endurance.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment