Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Week 1 Day 2 of RushFit

Week 1 Day 2 = Cardio

My choice of Cardio.  There is no Cardio DVD with the RushFit workout.  SO...I chose to Spin of course.
Have I ever told you...How much I LOVE Spinning?  Below is a picture of my bike, with a starry background.
It is such a fantastic workout! If you have done it, you will know what I am talking about. If not, let me explain...
You are standing outside the cycling studio feeling a little intimidated by the bikes, the other participants heading through the doors, the instructor and the recollection of how hard you saw everybody working the last time you walked by the cycling studio. And now...today is the day you are going to try it out for yourself. Congratulations! You are in for a lot of fun, a lot of hard work and a lot of fat shedding with the calories you are going to burn. Don't be afraid of the instructor, they are there to help you. Since it's your first time, tell them that, so they can help you set your bike up...seat height, handle bar height and seat positioning. And DON'T sit at the back of the class where you can't see what the instructor is doing. You want to be able to see the correct positions and hear the cues as best you can. Remember to listen to your body...if you are getting fatigued, but everyone around you is still pushing hard...forget about them and take a little break. Each time you go into that cycling studio, you will get stronger and your endurance will improve and pretty soon you won't need any "Extra" breaks.
Once you get set up on your bike, you'll be ready to ride. Now...your first ride may feel a bit awkward. The instructor can help with the bike setup, but only you will know how it feels for you. So you may find that your seat could have be one notch higher or lower, eventually you will get it perfect. You butt will most likely be sore the next day from riding, give it a couple classes and the soreness will no longer occur.  Don't let this Pain in the A$$ discourage you though, you butt will get used to sitting on the saddle.  Make sure you have water with you...it a must.
Okay...the instructor presses the play button, and the music starts to flow from the speakers.  Feel the music and let your feet flow to the beat.  Listen for the cues the instructor is calling out, watch for hand signals as well.  Before you know it you are already at the halfway point of the class.  Are you having fun yet?  Of course you are!  The music is great and you are sweating hard and burning loads of calories.  The key to spinning is to HAVE FUN!  Use your voice too.  If the instructor asks, "How is everyone feeling?"...shout out a "WooHoo!"  It will boost your energy levels, plus you will burn extra calories too(when I used to teach spinning, every time I would give the cues or give a shout out(which was a lot of the time)I would look down at my HRM and it would spike up some beats)...so SHOUT IT OUT!  A couple more songs and you are ready to cool down.  Make sure you keep your legs moving until you have brought your heart rate back down to earth.  There you have it...your first spinning class under your belt.  Now go sign up for your next class...

Okay enough about spinning for now.  Let me tell you about the after effects of Day 1 of RushFit, OMG...I am sore in my butt, my inner thighs and arms...walking up and down the stairs and sitting down...ouch...I LOVE IT!  Only 1 day of the RushFit workouts and I am feeling strong again.  Over these last two weeks I have felt soft.  Not anymore.  I can already feel my butt lifting, my inner thighs shedding the fat and my arms toning up.  I'm ready for more!  I am really looking forward to tomorrow's RushFit Workout...Abdominal Strength & Core...Oh yeah!


Today's food...
Breakfast: Greek Yogurt with Holy Crap & Raspberries


Lunch: Chicken & Spinach Cannelloni
I bought these Lasagna sheets a week ago wanting to use up some of the spinach that I had in the fridge.  Finally today I made the Cannelloni that I was wanting to make.  I cut up the Baby Spinach, green onions, chicken, added some garlic, sea salt and pepper.  Once this was mixed I added a light Ricotta Cheese and stirred it all together.  I then spooned some of the mixture onto a lasagna sheet and rolled it up.  I then repeated it with the remaining 5 sheets.  I had some of the Homemade Ketchup that I made ages ago in the freezer, I used it as a sauce.  I should have put a little bit of the sauce in with the ricotta mixture.



I cut each one in half to make a serving.  By seeing 2 pieces on the plate rather then just one, it seems like you are eating more.  One thing I forgot to do, was to cover the baking dish with foil, the edges dried out a bit.  I put the other 5 servings in the freezer for future meals.

Snack: Baked Garlic Pita Chips with Guacamole/Grapes
I had and still have some avocados in the fridge that needed and need to be used up.  So Guacamole was to be made out of some of them.

This snack is always good.

Dinner: Chicken Barley Pilaf
In www.MyFitnessPal.com food diary it states that I had Turkey Barley Pilaf.  Same recipe, only I used chicken tonight.  
You will probably see this as tomorrow night's dinner as well, as the kids have swimming.

After Dinner Snack: Poppers with Roasted Red Pepper Dip
 Just a little blogging snack to keep my energy up.

I am going to leave you with a picture of my Potted Garden...

I know that it doesn't look like much now...BUT...hopefully in a few days, I will see some sprouts of Carrots, Onions, Zucchini, Lettuce and Green Beans.
 
The plants that I had started in My Secret Garden in the house, I planted them outside today in the garden.  So now I have Basil, Parsley, Peppers and Tomatoes in the garden.  I also sowed some Radishes and Green Peas.  Hopefully the rabbits don't attack them.                                    

As I mentioned earlier, tomorrow's RushFit Workout...Abdominal Strength & Core...Can't wait! 

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina




No comments:

Post a Comment