Sunday, June 10, 2012

Week 2 Day 6 of RushFit

Week 2 Day 6 = Cardio + Balance & Agility

Well this morning I had to drag myself to my workout.  Instead of spinning for my Cardio, I did Turbo Jam's Fat Blaster, 30 minute workout.  A friend of mine loaned me a few of the workouts to try out.  It is certainly something you have to get used to.  So I went from the Beep Bopitty Beat of Turbo Jam to the MMA Fighting Workout of RushFit's Balance & Agility.  What a change up!  I believe the reason for the "dragging" to my workout is because I was spoiled by Body Revolution's workout times.  I know I keep going on about this, BUT it's true...I miss the shorter workouts.  However, after I completed the B&A workout, I felt so much better...stronger.
After doing the 30 minutes of Cardio, I carried on with the Balance & Agility Workout.  Today, I did do the Warm Up, last Saturday I didn't because I rode my bike instead.  This workout is shorter than the other RF workouts, but that doesn't make it easier.  If fact, it is very tough at times.  Like for instance, the Mules Kicks...Holy F%$K!  You are to do this move for 1 minute, twice.  Thankfully they do show a modified version of it where you don't kick your legs all the way up.  I started kicking all the way up and then switched to a half kick up and then back to a full, just to get me through the minute.  In the second last move of the repeated sequence, you have to drag yourself forward on the floor...see I wasn't joking when I said I had to "drag" myself to my workout.  What you do is...you lay down on your stomach, stretch your arms forward, then come up on your forearms and drag yourself forward, then do a pop up, turn and do it again...all for 1 minute.  So last week when I did this, my bare belly skin was rubbing on the floor and it hurt, it felt like rug burn, only I wasn't on a rug.  I thought to myself, "next time I need to wear a shirt that covers my abs".  Well I forgot.  SO...I grabbed this flat pillow and put it under me so that I would slide forward without leaving half the skin off my abs on the attic floor.  It was so much better.   

Today's food...
Breakfast: Banana Blueberry Muffin



Lunch: Hawaiian Wrap with Spinach & Basil Pesto
These wraps are so easy and SO VERY delicious.   The tortillas I bought are a bit higher in calories than the ones I usually buy, so I have to be careful of what, and how much stuff I put inside the wrap.

 The Hawaiian Wrap has grilled Black Forest Ham, grilled pineapple, mozzarella Cheese String and with this one today, I added some of the pesto I made the other day.  SO GOOD!

Snack: Tropical Quinoa Health Bar
I also had a nibble of one of the Graham Crackers that I had made a few weeks ago.

Dinner: BBQ Pulled Pork(No Bun), Garden Salad, Caesar Salad and Potato Salad and Nacho Chips
Tonight we went to a friend's Birthday Party.  Happy Birthday Brad!  Fantastic party Ruth!  We had a great time.  The food was excellent. 

I did go back and get some more salad, it was really good.  Check out the fun and funky plate that my food is on.  The were square plates, so cool.  Later in the evening, they served up the birthday cake.  My friend and I split a piece, and it was just enough to top off the night.

Since it was late when we got home, I started to write this blog but I was starting to fall asleep at my computer...so I shut it down and decided to finish it now, Sunday morning...after all it is my Rest Day...what else am I supposed to do?  Oh yeah...gardening, cleaning repainting the dining room and so on.

Have a Great Sunday!  I will talk to you later.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Trina

1 comment:

  1. Hey Darlene,

    That's awesome! I'm so glad you like the necklace. I wear mine ALL the time. The only time I take it off is when I have my shower, then I put it right back on as a reminder of why I do what I do.
    My meals...some recipes are from cookbooks such as the Body Revolution Fat Burning Meal Plan recipe book, Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet Cookbook 2 and Eat Clean Diet Vegetarian Cookbook, Clean Eating magazines and some are my own creations. I am going to try and add some more recipes this week on my blog. I have been falling behind a little bit because of the nice weather and all the things that need to be done around my house.

    I will post some pictures of the cookbooks that I have used sometime this week.

    Stay Strong!

    Trina

    ReplyDelete