Friday, June 15, 2012

Week 3 Day 5 of RushFit

Week 3 Day 5 = Cardio + Stretch for Flexibility

So with this morning's workout, I rode the bike for 32 minutes and then did the Stretch for Flexibility workout.  I cut out the Warm Up and the Cool Down from the SforF, since I was already very warmed up from the spin, and very cooled down and stretched out from the workout itself.  PLUS...I ran out of time. 

I needed that stretching in a BIG way.  I think for that week of holidays, I will be doing a lot of Yoga. 

I am looking forward to tomorrow's RushFit workout, it is one that I have not done yet...Full Body Strength & Conditioning...it sounds like a good one.

I had a look at the Intermediate Training Schedule, and the reason why it is Intermediate and the Advanced is the Advanced, is because....they have doubled up on some workouts, on some days...NOOOOOOO!!!!  That means I will have to workout even longer.  Hmmmmm...I may have to rethink some things.  I love the workouts and they are keeping me strong BUT I am not shedding anymore weight right now.  I will never reached my goal at this rate.  I know that I am not getting enough sleep too.  And sleep is VERY important when one is trying to lose weight and become healthier.  It just seems that with the nice weather outside and all the cleaning up around the inside and outside of the house, the gardening, I seem to be up later at night trying to finish my blog for the day.  I love writing it and always want to fit it into my day.  It actually relaxes me and helps me to unwind from my day.  And it's great knowing that you are out there taking an interest in what I am writing each day.  I know sometimes it's a bit boring, but that's life, well my life anyway.  Here is a bit of what has gone on around our home lately...

This is the handy work of my husband...
                                           
Last week and over this past weekend, he fixed the stairs that led down the one side of our home to the backyard.  Great job!  I still need to fix up the plants alongside the stairs but that will come.  I no longer see these steps as a safety hazard but yet...A NEW WORKOUT FOR ME!  I can run up and down them for an extra cardio workout.  I might get him out there as well, since he likes to admire he handy work, he can run the steps too.(I haven't told him that yet though)...LOL.


Today's food...
Breakfast: Berry Banana Muffin
I had bagged them with 2 in each bag.  So when I took a bag out of the freezer the other day, I had just put the second one in the fridge for another day, which happen to be TODAY.


AM Snack: Watermelon
The kids were having watermelon for 1st snack, so I enjoyed some too.

Lunch: Hawaiian Chicken Wrap
Looks good right?
WRONG!!!
This one was terrible...
SO...
that one went in the garbage, and I made up another one, the same...only different.

Okay so here is the story...
We had grilled chicken for dinner last night and I thought it would be great idea to use up some of  the leftover chicken and some of the Pineapple Mint Salsa from the other day.  I had some shredded mozzarella cheese in the fridge, so I put it all together in the tortilla and wrapped it up and then grilled it.  I took a bite...blah...yuck...gross.  The cheese must have been bad...very bad.  There had been 2 pieces of chicken leftover so I started again, this time with some low fat cheddar cheese that I know was still good...

YUM!!!
This one was GREAT!
The total wrap was higher in calories than I would usually eat for lunch but it was worth it. 
Plus I have to use up the tortillas(they are pretty high in calories)
I didn't read the package well enough the day I bought them.(tisk, tisk)

Snack: Watermelon with a Apple Cinnamon Rice Cake
Again the kids were enjoying this snack, so I thought I would join them today.


Dinner: Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki Salad
It's FRIDAY!  As you can tell by my dinner choice.  I should be having them on Wednesday's when it's Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki Day at Subway.

It's always good.
Don't forget that you can turn almost any sub at Subway into a salad.  I think next time I will ask them to put the dressing on the side(in a side container if possible), then I can be in control of how much dressing is on it.

After Dinner Snack: Poppers and Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Today was one of those days...a little bit of a stressed out day.  I shouldn't have eaten this, but I did.  I am not going to beat myself up over though...on second thought...I may be able to burn those calories off with a good fight...LOL.  Just being silly.  We all have those days where we get stressed out over some things. We just have to make sure that we have healthy foods in the house to reach for if food is what we choose to turn to.  Better to eat something healthy than a bag of chips or crappy candy.  That will just make you feel worse.  Stay Strong!  I will too!

I just want to leave you with a few more pictures of my beautiful children.  These were a sneak peak from the photographer...

Gorgeous!

The winner of the Stay Strong! Notebook is...
Bernice H. from Rialto, CA
Way to go with your Body Revolution program! Stay Strong in your last week!
I will get your notebook out to you A.S.A.P.


 As I said earlier I am looking forward to the workout in the morning.  The Full Body Strength & Conditioning Workout.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment