Sunday, June 17, 2012

Week 3 Day 6 of RushFit

Week 3 Day 6 = Full Body Strength & Conditioning

Well this was the workout I have been waiting for.  It's a tough one.  The first Round is only 2 moves but they are intense...Air Squats to Hindu Push Ups and REPEAT for 5 minutes.  OUCH!  I know that I will be sore tomorrow and maybe the next day too.  The other 4 Rounds weights are used.  I used 8's and 10's. 

RushFit has A LOT of Squats and A LOT of Push Ups.  During the one Round I did have to resort to my knees for the narrow push up.  I did TRY a few from my toes both times through, but fatigue sets in and in order to keep going you must give your body a break, and that is what I did.  It wasn't easy, the push ups were still tough as they should be.

After my Full Body Strength & Conditioning Workout, I decided to Plank It again.  I actually started this day off with a 2 minutes forearm plank just past midnight before I went to bed.  Just wanted to see if I still had it.  Anyway after this morning's workout I held a 7 minute Combination Plank. 
The Combination Plank:
Full Arm Plank
Forearm Plank
Full Arm Side Lateral Plank(each side)
Full Arm Plank
Forearm Plank
Forearm Side Lateral Plank(each side)
Full Arm Plank
Full Arm Side Lateral Plank(each side)
Forearm Plank
Forearm Side Lateral Plank(each side)

Each move was held for 30 seconds, for a total of 7 minutes.  I just kind of made it up as I went along, that's why it switches up a bit halfway through.  It felt good to get back to Planking It.  In RushFit, there are a lot of Plank exercises, so this is me pushing the UP button again.  Just Plank It!

Today was a very special day...

There was a birthday party for my best friend.  Happy Birthday Jill!  Her birthday is not until the end of the month, but the party was today for the full surprise effect.

This is the same friend whom I loaned my Body Revolution program to.  She is doing amazingly well with it.  Great job Jill!

This is the reason why I was trying to make the perfect CLEAN chocolate cake last week.  Well I made another one yesterday and it tasted like...nothing.  I thought to myself..."I am sick of chocolate cake, I can't taste anymore, I can't serve this to the guests they won't want to eat better if the cake tastes like blah...nothing", so I resorted to store bought cake mixes instead.  I hang my head in shame.  I didn't want to stress over it, or I would have eaten the tasteless cake.  It may have been tasteless but it definitely still had calories to it.  I made some other Yummy CLEAN treats to let people know that eating well means eating flavourful foods.  I don't know what happened with the CLEAN cake, I am a bit disappointed with it.

So this is what I made instead...

Happy Birthday Jill!

Dinner: Burger Patty, Pineapple, Peppers and Profiteroles
I know the bun is showing in the picture, but I did not eat it.  I just ate the patty out of it instead.


Snack: Snap Peas, Poppers and Roasted Red Pepper Dip/Chocolate Cake
I munch on healthy treats at the party today.  And drank water with the exception of a little bit of Orange Juice and a sip or two of Champagne to toast my friend.

I'm not sure if I logged ALL my food into MFP, but I will use this day as a TREAT day, rather than a CHEAT day.  I know my post is a bit short today, but today has turned into tomorrow and I will get back on it strong.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina


No comments:

Post a Comment