Friday, June 22, 2012

Week 4 Day 5 of RushFit

Week 4 Day 5 = Cardio + Balance & Agility

Well the temperature drop last night, so it was much nicer for sleeping...AND both of my kids stayed in their owns beds.  It's really a no win situation though...when it's HOT and have a crap sleep, I don't want to get up...when it's cool and have a good sleep, I don't want to get up because I want to sleep more in the more comfortable sleeping temperature.  BUT...I do WIN, because I get up regardless and do my workout.  It's just that initial feeling of crapiness/sleepiness that I feel, once I get past that, I good to go.  Yes I am a morning person so this feeling does not last long.

And getting up extra early in the morning to get your workout done MAY NOT come easy...
...but DO IT, because that's who YOU WANT TO BE.
Today's cardio...no surprise...spinning, followed by RushFit's Balance & Agility.  I again skipped the RF Warm Up as I did a 34 minute spin(a HOT spin), yes our attic is still quite hot.  My body was still is soreness mode this morning when I woke up and remains that way now...it feels great!  When I walk up the stairs I can feel every squat and lunge that I have done during RushFit's Full Body Strength Conditioning, and to get right into the Balance & Agility today, WOW, I will be feeling even greater tomorrow.  These workouts definitely make ME feel strong, and if you are doing them too, you should be feeling the same way.  I know I was feeling the "blobbiness" effect the other day, but that has gone now.  Yes, as a woman, I must endure that each month.  It just seemed to be worse this time around.  I think it may have had a lot to do with the chocolate cake experiment.  That is in the past now and I am feeling strong again.
I have one more workout to do this week, followed by my Rest Day on Sunday and then I am switching to the Advanced Training Schedule for RushFit.  I'm pushing the UP button...well at least for a week, then I am on holidays, I will resume the ATS after holidays and continue on with Week 6.  While on holidays I am going to get back to my crazy schedule of my C25K.  If you have been following, you will know how crazy it has been.  I may get it done by the end of the year...LOL...last time I was out, I did run the full 5K.  Maybe I should look into the next program to 10K.  I think there is one Bridge to 10K.  Input would be great to hear on this...thanks.

RushFit's Balance & Agility is SO good.  The last 10 minutes or so are TOUGH!  This is the part where you do the Gorilla Squats, Mule Kicks, Alligators, Forearm Pull<<not sure the name of these two moves>>and Crossover Push Ups.  Once you go through it once...do it AGAIN.  By the end of this workout, I was ready for my day.


Today's food...
Breakfast: Fruit Crepes with Chocolate Sauce
Good things come in 3's...
 
I ate the third serving of the Fruit Crepes today.  Still very delicious.  The fruit was getting a bit on the mushy side.  I wouldn't recommend you keep them too long in the fridge.  The fourth serving is in the freezer to see how well they freeze.  I will let you know next week how it tastes.

Lunch: Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Wrap with Sweet Corn
I finished off the tortillas today so unless I buy more, there will be no more wraps for a while.  Since these are so easy to make up, I will probably pick up some more this weekend.  Only this time I will double check the calories per serving.

Snack: Sweet Potato Ice Cream
This is the treat that I mentioned in yesterday's post.  The recipe is from the Clean Eating magazine.

This was so much better than I thought it would be.  It tasted like Pumpkin Pie.

Sweet Potato Ice Cream

INGREDIENTS

1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced into ½-inch-thick pieces
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 cups low-fat, unsweetened oat milk(I used Almond Milk instead)
1/2 cup raw honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

INSTRUCTIONS

ONE: Preheat oven to 350°F. Place potato in a 10 1/2 x 7-inch baking dish. Pour maple syrup over top and toss until well coated. Spread in a single layer and bake until very tender, without turning, for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
TWO: Remove from oven and immediately transfer to refrigerator. Refrigerate overnight to further soften potato.
THREE: In the bowl of a food processor, purée potato until creamy, about 4 minutes. With a rubber spatula, scrape bowl to prevent syrup from settling on the bottom. Add milk and blend, then add honey, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice and process until mixture turns from dark orange to light orange in color and becomes creamy, about 4 minutes.
FOUR: Pour mixture into a 9 x 9-inch metal cake pan and freeze for 12 hours, until solid. To serve, remove from freezer and let rest for about 5 minutes, until scoop-able.
 
Nutrients per 1/3-cup serving: Calories: 110, Fat: 0.5 g, Sat. Fat: 0 g, Carbs: 27 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 23 g, Protein: 1 g, Sodium: 26 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
 
 
Dinner: Grilled Chicken, Brussels Sprouts & Spinach Fettuccine
Leftovers from last night.
Even this picture is from last night.  I forgot to take a picture of tonight's dinner plate.  It looked pretty much the same, only there were no sweet potatoes left for tonight.

It was a delicious day overall. 

Eating CLEAN, is eating RIGHT.

Back to Strength & Endurance tomorrow.  I may even throw in some Cardio.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina


No comments:

Post a Comment