Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Week 7 Day 2 of RushFit

Week 7 Day 2 = Explosive Power Training + Strength & Endurance

So last night's sleep was even worse than the night before.  Besides my husband and I in bed, there was also Ghoster Coaster Girl, our son and one possibly two out of three of our cats.  BUT I still rolled out of bed at 5:30am, got ready and pushed through my workouts.

Starting with the Explosive Power Training Workout...OMG...my LEGS!  I could feel all of yesterday's workout this morning at 5:44am, and still now at 9:56pm.  The first Rounds in both of these workouts are tough.  Once you get through them the other Rounds don't seem that bad.  It's like any workout though...starting out is always the toughest.  Start strong, and finish even stronger!

In addition to these two RushFit workouts, my family and I went out for walk tonight for just over an hour.  It wasn't super intense, but rather a nice walk to enjoy the beautiful evening together.

Today's food...
Breakfast:  Coconut Dragon Recovery Shake
I had to have another one today.  This time I did have it within 30 minutes post workout.  I used the Active Rest time between Rounds in the Strength & Endurance Workout to prepare this, and doing the final blending of it once I had completed the Cool Down.

Try it!

Snack: Green Grapes
I took the kids for a walk to the park this morning.  Snack time included some delicious green grapes.

Lunch: Chicken and Vegetable Spring Rolls with Guacamole and Kettle Cooked Potato Chips/Cinnamon Apple Pancake
I don't have a picture to show you(well I do, but it doesn't look very good because my first attempt at making my own spring rolls wasn't a complete success), maybe next time.  I made a batch of Guacamole up last night but didn't make any Baked Garlic Pita Chips up until late this afternoon...SO...I had some NOT-so-CLEAN store bought chips...Sweet Chili & Sour Cream Flavour.  They were quite nice paired with the guacamole.  The Cinnamon Apple Pancake was eaten after the savoury stuff.  Today is Tuesday so that means Pancakes in the daycare.  I indulged in a small one, no syrup.  They really don't need syrup.

Snack: Guacamole and Baked Garlic Pita Chips
I munched on these while I was making dinner.  The chips had not long come out of the oven and I hadn't eaten anything since lunch, with exception to just a few raspberries(of course), so I thought chips and guacamole would be a nice pre-dinner snack.  And it WAS!
Dinner: Churkey Chili Topped with Onion Crunch served with a Small Egg Bun
I bought the egg buns while still on holiday mode over the weekend, but they are almost gone.  The Churkey Chili I took out of the freezer, defrosted it then heated it up.  The onion crunch was to add a little extra flavour to it.

Just as good as the day I made it fresh.

Tonight I picked up a copy of the new magazine, Oxygen Special: Glutes 

I briefly looked through it earlier and it said Spinning/Cycling is great for your BUTT.  Well then...I guess Spinning will be my choice of Cardio for the morning, followed by RushFit's Balance & Agility.


Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment