Monday, July 9, 2012

Week 7 Day 1 of RushFit

Week 7 Day 1 = Full Body Strength & Conditioning + The Fight Conditioning

You know how I said, "It's nice to sleep in your own bed"???  Well...I was muscled out of my own bed by Ghoster Coaster Girl last night.  She fell asleep in our bed and then I moved her into her own bed.  At around 1:30am she was back.  And when she's back that means she nestles right into my back giving me about a foot of bed to sleep on...not nice.  I tried to move her again but she woke up and started making a fuss...not nice.  So I left her there and went to sleep in her bed...really not nice.  I had a crap sleep but still stuck to my plan and got up at 5:30am to workout.

This morning's RushFit workout was to be ONLY the Full Body Strength & Conditioning Workout as listed in the Advanced Training Calendar.  But as I stated yesterday, I was going to double up this week, so I added the Fight Conditioning Workout as well.

I felt a bit rusty after taking just a few days off but I managed to get through it and I felt terrific once I was done.  I feel strong again.  Even though some of the toned parts became a bit soft over holidays and the jiggly bits that already existed are still there and felt very jiggly over the last few days, I feel stronger just after my first day back to my workouts. 

I did the Warm Up FBS&C Workout and then the Fight Conditioning then the Cool Down.  Just to cut it a bit shorter in order to get it all done, plus, it doesn't make sense to double up warm ups and cool downs.


Today's food...
Breakfast:  Coconut Dragon Recovery Shake
I found this recipe while looking through the July issue of Oxygen magazine(page 70) over my holidays.  I had eaten some Dragon fruit in the past and once I saw this shake recipe, I couldn't wait to try it out.

This is Dragon Fruit...
First the outside........................and.........................the inside
You can scoop out the white and black speckled flesh with a spoon, it is all edible, discard the red outer peel.  It's a cross between a kiwi and a pear.  Don't be scared...go on and try something different.

Here is the finished shake.  So good! 
In the magazine they suggest you drink this within 30 minutes post workout. 
I did not.  Next time I will.

Here is the page from July's issue of Oxygen Magazine.
There are lots of other great recipes and fitness tips in this and every issue.

Lunch: Tilapia Topped with Dragon Fruit Salsa served along with a Spring Mix Salad
Today turned into Dragon Fruit day.  I couldn't stand seeing that other half just sitting there, so I decided to whip up a salsa out of it. I used the Cantaloupe Salsa recipe as a guide, but did not copy it exactly.

It was nice.  I think I may add to it next time or maybe it just has to sit a little longer for the flavors to blend.  Remember to be creative in your kitchen with the CLEAN foods that have on hand.

DRAGON FRUIT SALSA
MAKES 4 servings (each about 1/4 cup)
INGREDIENTS
1/2 Dragon fruit, diced
1/2 orange or red pepper(I used orange as you can see from the picture)
1/2 medium sized sweet onion, chopped
1-2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
Fresh lime juice from 1 lime
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 clove garlic, minced

This is all I put into this recipe today.  I may try adding some others ingredients another time and then revise this recipe...I'll keep you posted.

Snack: Almond Vanilla Crunch/Green Grapes/Honey Oat Medley Square
So you know about the first two snacks of mine, but the other I made up today.  We bought some Honey Oat Medley cereal from the store yesterday(not 100% clean, but it's not too bad), and I still had some of my CLEAN UP marshmallows left, so I decided to make up some squares.

Almond Vanilla Crunch                                               Green Grapes

  
Honey Oat Medley Square
My son LOVED these squares.  Which is a very good thing because now I can make them and use them in his lunches for when school starts up again...but who's thinking of that already???

For the recipe...

Please refer to the Cleaned Up Marshmallow recipe for the marshmallows and then just use 1 tbsp of coconut oil, melt.  Add marshmallows over low to medium heat, melt.  Turn off heat then add the Honey Oat Medley or any other cereal you choose to use(about 4-5 cups).  Combine and then press into pan.  
Enjoy!

Dinner: Chicken Shish-Kabobs served with a Spring Mix Salad
I had 1 chicken and 1 beef Shish-Kabob on my plate but ended up with 2 chicken because my daughter didn't want chicken, she wanted beef.  So I gave it up to her.  Next time we will make all beef ones.

SO GOOD!

After Dinner Snack: Honey Oat Medley Square
I was sitting outside writing my blog and my son came out to see me.  We started talking about dinosaurs.  Then he spotted the picture of the Honey Oat Medley Square on the screen.  He asked me if he could have another one, I said yes and he brought me one too.  I couldn't refuse.  We then continued our chat about dinosaurs.  LOVE IT!

Tomorrow is a RushFit scheduled double day, I might just make it a triple with some cardio in the evening, see how I feel.  I might not be able to move by morning.  As today went on, I could really feel today's workouts in my quads.  When that feeling is there, it is so much easier to stick to healthy eating.  I know my sugar intake is probably high today but with the combination of the Dragon Fruit, grapes and squares it bumped it up.  At least the only BAD sugar is that of the cereal and I will correct that by finding a cereal that uses natural sugars instead for next time.

Well I have had a great start back after my holidays, and if you were on holidays too, I hope you were able to get back on track too.  Talk to you tomorrow.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina 

No comments:

Post a Comment