Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Week 7 Day 3 of RushFit

Week 7 Day 3 = Cardio + Balance & Agility

Last night as I was wrapping up the writing of my blog, my son informed that my daughter was sleeping on my side of the bed, and that he was going to sleep at the bottom of the bed...thanks for the warning.  When I finished my husband, my son and my daughter were all fast asleep in the bed...good night...I decided to sleep in my son's room.  Well even with the three of them in the other room, I wasn't alone.  I woke in the middle of the night to find our cat Indy snuggled beside me and our kitten Soc, sleeping next to my head.  When will I get a good night's sleep??? LOL

My alarm rang out at 5:30am and scared the crap out of me.  I hit the snooze button, but I did get up and shut it off.  I could have easily went back to bed.  NO EXCUSES!  To become a Healthier Version of Me, I must push myself hard.  I am almost there. NO EXCUSES!  Sometimes I find it difficult to stay focused once you hit a certain point, like losing 45 lbs, losing lots of inches, and when others start to notice.  I kind of get of feeling of, "SATISFACTION".  BUT...I need time to refocus and tell myself, "I look and feel great, BUT I still haven't hit my goal, so get back to it".  That time was taken on Sunday.  I know that I probably gained a bit over holidays, however I did not confirm that by stepping on the scale.  I have been going without the scale for a bit, but I guess I will have to weigh myself at the end of RushFit.  I think I have gained muscle throughout RushFit and maintained fat loss.  It is a fantastic workout!  I truly believe that I kind of cheated the RushFit program in a way, because I had a week of holidays during my training, plus coming off Body Revolution and being so strict with my calorie intake during that time, I found myself eating a bit more(still CLEAN, but just more), and I found the RushFit workouts made me feel hungrier than the Body Revolution Workouts did.  The workouts are definitely longer so that had much to do with it, I'm sure.  My core is definitely stronger and tighter.  I still have a layer of fat across my abdominal area that needs to be shredded and eliminated.  I have one more week of RushFit and I will keep up with the doubled up workouts just to make up for my holiday week and the fact that I started RushFit on the Beginner Training Calendar.  I should have started with the Advanced Calendar.  What was I thinking???  Next time it will be ALL Advanced Training. 

In the time that I have spent working out this past year(just over), I have trained myself close to Athlete status...or so I think...LOL.  While on our camping trip that begin our holiday week, I went out for a run on the trail and I was thinking about this.  I was running through the woods, feeling like an athlete running down this stretch...

I felt so strong and I was thinking how far I have come.
 
I am no longer a couch potato(not that I ever really was).  I am no longer a Diet Pepsi drinker.  I am no longer a junk food/processed food eater.  I am no longer an excuse maker.  I no longer wish that I looked like "her".  I no longer think "I can't do it".  I no longer have to wish I could wear the pre-pregnancy clothes that have been in my closet (for over 7 years)and look good in them.  I am no longer a unhealthy version of myself.

I would rather be out walking or running or spinning than sitting on the couch.  I only drink water.  I eat CLEAN now.  Excuses are for the couch potato.  I am "her".  I CAN DO IT!  I have worn those pre-pregnancy clothes and some are too big now.  I am a Healthier Version of Myself...with some more tweaking to do, I will be the complete version.

I was reading some of the articles in Oxygen Your Flat Belly guide and there was the one "Put Your Game Face On!" by Tosca Reno.  She talks about How to get and keep a flat belly.  There were reader's questions and Tosca's answers and tips.  I really liked her tip to one of the questions asked.  Here is Tosca's tip...
I LOVE IT!
And it's SO true!

There is also an article in there called "Burn Off Abs Flab".  At the end of that article, there is a story called, "You're Never Too Old to Exercise".  It's a story about a 61 year old woman who is still cycling.  She has 100,000 miles of cycling in her legs.  Way to go Nancy!  She didn't start ultra(or extreme-distance)racing until she was in her 50s.  That's AWESOME!!!

Today's food...
                                              
Breakfast: Chocolate Banana Coconut Shake
I had started to make the Chocolate Almond Butter Shake that I found in Oxygen's Your Flat Belly Guide, but then I noticed that it is "NOT recommended to take right after your workout because the fat content of the almond butter delays digestion, slowing down the shuttling of protein to recovering muscles.  Try it at least two hours before or after exercise".  So I made up my own shake recipe, The Chocolate Banana Coconut Shake...I think I need a funky name for this one.

This was SO good! 
Here is my recipe...

CHOCOLATE BANANA COCONUT SHAKE
MAKES 1
INGREDIENTS
1 cup coconut water
1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
1/2 half frozen banana
ice cubes

ONE: Blend all ingredients together in a blender to desired consistency. 
TWO: ENJOY!

Nutrients per serving: Calories: 249, Fat: 3g, Protein: 24g, Fibre: 2g

Morning Snack: Chocolate Almond Butter Shake
Since I started making it at breakfast time, I decided to finish making it and I drink only half of it as a mid morning snack.
It is much thicker than my Chocolate Banana Coconut Shake.
It was good, however I thought mine was tastier. 
But I'm a bit biased though. hehehe

Lunch:  Chicken Vegetable Spring Rolls served with Guacamole and Baked Garlic Pita Chips and a Salad
Okay so I had a similar lunch to yesterday's lunch, and this time I will show you the picture.  It just looks so much more appetizing than yesterday's.

I should have placed them some of the lettuce so you could see them better(or a coloured plate).

Snack: Chocolate Almond Butter Shake/Vanilla Greek Yogurt with Dragon Fruit
I drank the other half of the shake so it would spoil in the fridge or get pushed to the back of the fridge and turn into a science experiment.  I also had another half of Dragon Fruit left over so I chopped it up and topped off some Greek yogurt with it.  That was a refreshing snack.

I think I should get a fancier glass to drink my shakes from...nah...that just makes for more dirty dishes.

Here is the Vanilla Greek Yogurt with the Dragon Fruit.  I probably should have used plain Greek yogurt as the Dragon Fruit would have sweetened it up nicely.

Dinner: Shish Kabobs with Grilled Beets
Tonight I got to eat one of the Beef Shish Kabobs.  I ran up to the store and purchased more of these Shish Kabobs, enough for ALL of us to enjoy the taste of the beef ones.  They were very good.  I had one chicken and one beef tonight.  I had a bag of beets sitting in the kitchen and I thought, "I better do something with them soon".  SO...I sliced some of them up and put 2 tablespoons of Olive oil in a dish and minced 1 glove of garlic(should minced more), stirred that up and then put the beets in and tossed until coated.  I then put them on the grill about 10 minutes before the Shish Kabobs.  They were on the grill for approximately 20-25minutes.
Remember...Be CREATIVE in the kitchen.  Try new things.
They might just turn out to be your new favourite.

Well I have good news and bad news...
The good news is that I got my HRM back, they replaced the heart rate transmitter belt, at no charge of course as it was still under warranty. 
The bad news is that it is still not picking up my heart rate.  I think I might be a vampire...LOL.  I will try it again in the morning, and if it doesn't work, back to the store I go again.  If I upgrade it to another one, and I still don't find my heart rate, then I guess I better go to the doctor instead. 

My RushFit workout for tomorrow is just supposed to be Abdominal Strength & Core.  HOWEVER, since I am pushing the UP button this week and next I will add another workout.  But which one shall I add???  Any suggestions???  Leave a comment to which workout you think I should do. 

Here are your choices...
Cardio(spinning)
Full Body Strength & Conditioning
Explosive Power Training
Strength & Endurance
Fight Conditioning

You make the choice!  I will let you know tomorrow which one I added.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina


No comments:

Post a Comment