Saturday, July 14, 2012

Week 7 Day 6 of RushFit

Week 7 Day 6 = Full Body Strength & Conditioning + Cardio

I was up too late last night. It was tough getting started today. However I did knock off 40 minutes of spinning followed by RushFit's Full Body Strength & Conditioning Workout.
I always seem to dread the first Round of this workout. In Round 1, you are to do 10 Air Squats and 5 Hindu Push Ups...then REPEAT for the 5 minutes. You have to do as many as you can. It's a tough one. But REMEMBER it's ONLY 5 minutes, then you move on. We don't get results if we don't try. It's nice that this workout, and almost all the RushFit Workouts are broken down into five 5 minute Rounds. If it's a tough move or a series of moves, get your mind set around it that it's ONLY for 5 minutes.
Think of it this way...
For the amount of time spent in line waiting to get your favourite coffee or low fat latte or whatever you might drink, you would have enough time to do this first Round of RushFit.  Whenever I feel a bit tired or sore, I always try to break my workouts down, and think of them in small increments, and time just flies by.  By the time I know it, I am done and feeling great.  And so will you!

Today's food...
Breakfast:  Tropical Fat Burner with a Twist
This recipe is from Oxygen's Your Flat Belly Guide...sort of.  I added a twist to it.  My twist was using a cup of Coconut Water and only 1/4 cup of fresh pineapple juice(only because that's all I had, it calls for 1 cup).  So hopefully it will still burn my fat off my butt and my belly. 

My cup is half full.  I forgot to take a picture before I started drinking it.  It was really nice.
Part Five Chapter Twenty-Three/Best Protein Shakes...Check it out!

I made the shake up between my spin and my RushFit workout.  I was a bit afraid that it wasn't such a good idea to drink it before that tough workout, but I needed something as time was ticking on and I had slept in and it was getting closer to lunch time.  All was good...it was light enough that my stomach didn't turn while I was doing the workout.

Lunch: Baja Salad/Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger with Lettuce and Tomato No Bun
The size of the salad was pathetic today.  I was still hungry and I was sitting there thinking what else could I have that wouldn't be too bad.  Since I want to get more protein in, I thought why not the Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger without the bun.  I used the lettuce as a bun and tossed the bun in the garbage.  No mayo either.
I should have taken a picture of the salad today and my lettuce-bun burger, it was quite nice.  I know the fat was probably higher but at least it filled me up.

Snack: Snack-size Peach Smoothie
It was hot and we were out today as my husband had to go back into work.  The kids wanted a Booster Juice, but we decided to try the Peach Smoothie from McD's.  The snack size each was just enough to cool us all down.

Dinner: Leftovers AGAIN!
We got home late as we did a bit of shoe shopping for ME...YAY! and some grocery shopping from a store, Dutchies, which is not open on Sundays.  I love this store, but I always seem to spend too much.  It's ALL good stuff though.  I just have to stay away from their bread section...I have to Stay Strong!  and today I did!  I resisted the urge to pick up a loaf of the Grain Harvest Potato Chive Bread.

Anyway, after we got home, I looked in the fridge and found some leftover grilled beets and one beef shish kabob from the other night.
There were quite a few beets left, but I could not eat them all.

I picked up some popped corn chips while we were out, called Pop Corners-Butter Flavoured.  I had some along with my dinner. 

After Dinner Snack: Dark Chocolate Apricots
My daughter threw these in the cart at Dutchies.  I could not resist these after dinner.

Tomorrow is Rest Day...time to regroup and plan next week's meals and added workouts.  It will be my last week of RushFit and it's gonna be great!  I MIGHT even sneak in a C25K session tomorrow MAYBE.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina


No comments:

Post a Comment