Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Week 8 Day 3 of RushFit

Week 8 Day 3 = Cardio + Stretch for Flexibility

I hopped out of bed as soon as my 5:15am alarm told me that..."I'm Sexy and I Know It".  I was ready.  I was glad that it was a Cardio and Stretch day.  I NEEDED it!

I cranked out 56 minutes of HOT Spinning.  That's right back up to my attic/loft I went this morning, and it was HOT.  We really need to get air conditioning(my husband would love that) AND a KING size bed(I would LOVE that), that is why our kids come into our bed I think.  I think they think, it is cooler in there...maybe for them it is but not for my husband and I. I think I sweat all that water(136oz)out that I drank yesterday.  That's okay because almost that same amount today. 
After my spin, I put on the RushFit Stretch for Flexibility Workout DVD.  Ahhhh.....that was nice.  As I said I needed to stretch out.  Last night I had a bit of a sore shoulder and nothing I seemed to do would make the pain go away.  Well a good night's sleep and some stretching this morning did the trick.  My shoulder feels just fine now. 
Always remember to listen to your body.  With the warm temperatures that we have been having here in Waterloo, ON Canada...take it EASY when working out.  Workout early morning or later at night if you are working out outside or in a non air conditioned location.  Drink LOTS and LOTS of water.  AND SWEAT...as I mentioned the other night, the article in Oxygen, about sweating...it's a way for your body to cool itself down.  Let us see you SWEAT!  It's cool to sweat.  LOL  When the temps are UP, don't worry about pushing the UP button.  The warmer temps are doing that for you already.  That's what I always told my participants when I was a Spin Instructor.  The cycling studio never really felt much cool air in there.  It was the same as when I was pregnant with my son(first child) and still teaching at nine months pregnant.  I didn't need to put as much resistance on, because I was carrying extra body weight which was a MAJOR push of the UP button.  And if I recall, the summer of 2005 was pretty hot too.  No rest for the wicked. 

Which brings me to this photo I took this morning...
Now that my HRM is back and working fantastically great...it tries to tell me what to do!
Nope, today was not a Rest Day, well at least not for me...No Rest for the Wicked!

Today's food...
Breakfast: Bounty Bar Shake/CarbRite Protein Bar
I tried experimenting with another shake today.  I tried making some Coconut Whipped Cream yesterday but it wasn't setting up, so I set it in the fridge overnight hoping that it would thicken up.  It didn't!  So I used some of the coconut milk from that and a bit of coconut water, ice, cocoa powder and 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder.  Mixed it all up and...it wasn't bad.  I think I like the Chocolate Banana Coconut one I made last Wednesday, better.  I also ate the other half of the protein bar that I had yesterday.

                                      

Snack: Chocolate Black Bean Cup
Only 59 calories

Lunch: Beef Barley Pilaf
Leftovers from the other night.  I think I will have some more tomorrow as a soup though. 
Then I will freeze what ever is leftover.

Snack: Honey Oat Medley Squares/Fresh Pineapple

Dinner: Steak with Mashed Cauliflower Topped with Onion Crunch served with Grilled Zucchini
Yum!
Nothing like a good CLEAN dinner.

I would like to chat more with you but right now my children are having a total meltdown and driving me insane.  They will be asleep in minutes I know but I can't think straight with them crying and screaming and whining...remember that phase I mentioned the other night...whining...oh yeah, it's going on BIG time right now...it's 9:42pm and they are still going...I need a vacation.  LOL  Stay Strong Trina, Stay Strong!  See...No Rest for the Wicked and 5:15am comes early.  I'm going to bed.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment