Thursday, July 19, 2012

Week 8 Day 4 of RushFit

Week 8 Day 4 = Full Body Strength & Conditioning + Abdominal Strength & Core Conditioning

Well I got a great sleep in MY OWN bed last night.  Even though(besides my husband)my daughter and our little cat, Soc decided to snuggle in, I had a great sleep.  The temperature outside dropped overnight and it made for better sleeping.  It was even quite cool today.  A HUGE change from what we have been having lately.  So with those cooler temps come...less puffiness feeling...which is a great thing.  Oh wait...the word that I used before was...blobby or blobbiness...that feeling is slowly subsiding now.  I feel like I am back to my new-normal-size-self now.  It's not a fun feeling when you feel like you haven't lost any weight after weeks, months and well, over a year for me, all due to hot humid weather.  I love the summer and the heat but I find it much easier to lose weight in the winter months.  I know I am a bit backwards to most people on this one, but it's true.  Most people pack on the pounds through the winter, colder months of the year, as if they are hibernating like bears.  Not me though, I find it much easier to stay focused and stay on track through the winter.  I think it has something to do with wanting, and looking forward to wearing shorter skirts, breezy dresses, tank tops, sandals, swim suits etc...  And by the time the nice weather arrives, whether you have made it to your goal or not, you are just forced to wear these items because of the warm/hot and humid weather.  So you look good in your summer clothes and the drive may not be there as much.  Well...IT SHOULD BE!  And that is why I am going to beat up the Blobbiness next time it sets in.  I am going to kick it's Blobby A$$!  And mine too! 

I guess in a way, I kicked the Blobbiness out of me this morning, with RushFit's Full Body Strength & Conditioning Workout followed by the Abdominal Strength & Core Conditioning.  These both, are SUCH great workouts!  The Blobbiness took a real beating in Round 1 of the FBS&C workout.  I had to use a lower weight this morning as my right shoulder was a bit sore again.  I am going to stretch it out again before I go to bed tonight in hopes that I will be in top form for tomorrow's workouts.  It's Fight Night, only Fight Night will take place at 5:30 in the morning.  I will be fighting what's left of blobby...LOL.  I will be doing 2 RushFit workouts in the morning and then I only have one left to do on Saturday morning.  These past 8 weeks have gone by FAST!  I just wish I would have started with the Advance Training Calendar.  I know I have mentioned that before, oh well, now I know what I can handle.  Next time ADVANCED ALL THE WAY! @GSPRUSHFIT - "I am RUSHFIT already!"

Today's food...
Breakfast: Kiwi Claus Shake/Chocolate Black Bean Cup
I bought this melon at the store last weekend...

It is called Piel De Sapo. 
Or more commonly known as Santa Claus Melon or "Christmas Melon".

I cut it up and decided to make a shake with some of it.  I used some yogurt, kiwi, chia seeds, vanilla protein powder and ice, along with the Santa Claus melon.  I blended it all together and this is what I got...

It was SO thick, I had to add some liquid.  So I added about a 1/4 cup of coconut water.

Here is the finished shake and the rest of the melon.  I didn't eat all that melon though.  Just thought I would show you what it looked like inside.  Just in case you were thinking that it was going to be red & white and have a jolly belly, loaded with lots of toys and reindeer...sorry not the case.  The Real Santa Claus has balls, not melons...LOL. The reason they call it Santa Claus melon or Christmas Melon, is because of it's late season harvest, often arriving near Christmas.  These melons are shipped from South America and is a cultivar of the Cantaloupe family.  I plan on making some salsa with some of it and some more shakes.

Get out to the store and pick one up and TRY it for yourself!

I know what you are thinking about me eating the Chocolate Black Bean Cup for breakfast...key word being CHOCOLATE!  You are thinking, "Oh boy, she has slipped back into her chocolate eating ways, she is a chocoholic."  
You are correct!  I am a chocoholic and I have admitted that to the world.  But remember...I eat good, NO, GREAT chocolate.  I don't eat chocolate bars.  They are not even chocolate bars, they are CANDY bars because there is SO much sugar and other crap in them.  I eat 70% cocoa or darker chocolate, and NOT CANDY bars.  I do have the will power to say NO, to even the great stuff.  The Chocolate Black Bean Cups needed to be eaten before the beans went off.  That would be bad...if the beans would have spoiled, it would have ruined perfectly great chocolate, and we can't have that happen.  Oh no, no NO!
I was going to suggest that I will go without chocolate for my next workout challenge of the Brazil Butt Lift...BUT(no pun intended)my birthday is next week and my family may just do something special for me, and it might involve chocolate of some sort.  SO, with next Thursday being the exception, I will try and go without chocolate for the next 5 weeks.  You know how hard that is going to be for me?  We have another week of holidays mixed in there too.  YIKES!!!!  I might just need a chocolate iV hooked up to me at the end of the 5 weeks.(I'm just kidding) I might need TWO! 

Lunch: Beef & Barley Soup
I told you I was going to make the Beef Barley Pilaf into soup.

It was perfect! 
With the cooler temperatures outside today, it hit the spot!

Snack: Rita's Protein Pumpkin Muffins/Mango/Brown Bag Popcorn
I made some protein muffins today made from the recipe of Rita Catolino.  Rita is coaching Tosca Reno to get ready for a competition coming up in the fall.  I think it's even going to be held here in the Kitchener/Waterloo area.  I still need to check that out.  I would LOVE to go.  I couldn't go as a competitor...remember the chocoholic in me...LOL  Anyways, these muffins are so easy to make and very good if you like pumpkin.  I know I have posted other recipes on here and people have commented on how great they look, BUT...they don't like pumpkin.  Learn to like it PEOPLE!  It's good for you!

Here are the muffins I made...

They were all to be mini muffins but I could not find my other mini muffin pan. I figure 1 large muffin is equal to 3 small ones which is the serving size Rita suggests for these.

I may have added too much protein powder to my mix.  In the recipe instructions it says if the mix is too wet, add another scoop of protein powder...I did, but I don't think I should have. Oh well, I will get it right next time.  For the recipe check out Tosca Reno's blog, I have added it to my Blog List located on the right of the screen.  You can check out her training as it progresses, her food and everything else that is great about Tosca.  Remember now...when viewing some of her food diaries...she is training for a competition so that doesn't mean that YOU need to eat the same way as her.  Check out Tosca's cookbooks for some wonderful meals, for what a non-competitor-person should eat.  We are all in training, just some of us harder than others.  Even if you don't want to train for a body competition, you should still be eating CLEAN and get rid of the crap, you will definitely feel like a champion then.

Here are some of the books that are Tosca's or feature her in them...


I do have her newest cookbook The Eat Clean Diet Vegetarian Cookbook too.  We need to eat CLEAN so our children learn to eat CLEAN as well.  Child obesity starts at home...DON'T LET IT HAPPEN IN YOUR HOME.  Set a good example for your children, by doing right for yourself.  It's a WIN WIN situation.   

I also made some Brown Bag Popcorn up for snack for the daycare kids.  I melted some coconut oil, sprinkled it with a little sea salt, sat down and enjoyed a healthy treat with them.  I think they like popcorn as much as I do!

Dinner:  Beef Barley Soup
I know...AGAIN??? you say.  It was just so nice at lunch time, I thought I would enjoy another bowl.

Well time is ticking on and I must get to bed.  Tomorrow, I am going to let you in on a little secret.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment