Friday, September 7, 2012

Day 5 of Round 2 Body Revolution - Kickstart and Some Shedding

Day 5 = Workout 2 + Cardio 1 + Some Shedding of Something Other Than Fat

Let's begin with Workout 2...

My alarm sounded at 4am again, but something was different...???  I did not hear my husband's alarm go off. Through bleary eyes I looked to see if he was in bed, he was not.  I thought he was in the bathroom, he was not.  Where the hell was he???  I went into the bathroom to get ready and he then was outside the door and asked me, "Are you ready?"  Whoa!!! Eager or what?!?!?! I replied, "I will be right there".  Normally I brush my teeth before working out, but he rushed me and I forgot...YUK!!!  That's okay, my husband would be the only one I would be kissing.  So it serves him right for rushing me.  And it's not that I was late either...okay maybe by a minute or two.  But I thought he was in the bathroom when I woke up, so I gave him a minute.  Then when I realized he wasn't coming out, that's when I got up to check.  Anyways...I made my way downstairs and GUESS WHAT???  He had already started!!!  Could this be a sign of things to come???  He focused enough now, that MAYBE, I won't have to get up at 4am as the weeks go on.

I did my own kind of quick warm up and then joined in, he had only done the warm up and I think about 2 minutes of the first Circuit.  I made up for it though, I didn't really take rests between the first few moves so that I could get both sides done in Circuit 1.  Once I was caught up, I really hit the UP button with the Biceps moves, I had 15's in hand, for ALL of them.  It felt good.  Jillian tells you to GO HEAVY...so that's what I did.  I want my arms ripped.  I want the jiggle GONE!!!!  I bet you want your wings gone too...well...that's if you have them.  You may have already shed your wings...ME, I'm still working on it.

After Workout 2 was complete, I moved onto Cardio 1...ALWAYS good!  It definitely got me ready for the rest of my day.  I still count down my Suicide Runs.  I find it makes it easier to get through them.  When I first did Cardio 1 on Monday I couldn't remember how many there were.  I knew it was around 22-24, I start my count at 23 now and that gets them done.  Everything else I kind of count up to 60, to represents the minute time that we are doing each move.  There are some moves I don't count though...Hot Feet, Speed Bag and the Jog.(I think that's all)  Just a quick safety note that I think is important: After your last set of Suicide Runs, it is time to cool down.  Jillian starts with a deep bend down with a low head drop.  I DON'T DO THIS.  I find I need my heart rate to come down more before I lower my head below my heart.  I know I mentioned this when I did the first time around.  But I don't want anyone passing out if it is their first time through Body Revolution.  You can still get a good stretch without lowering your head.  I bend at the hip like a Good Morning, but I keep my back flat, head at hip level with my hands on my quads.  Stay Strong and Be Safe!

So after Cardio I went back upstairs and showered, dressed and started to do some laundry...yes...laundry at 6 o'clock in the morning.  It was better than falling asleep in my orange chair.  I then made my way down to the kitchen to make not one, BUT TWO school lunches.  Today was the day that my little girl went to school for the very first time.  This is where the Shedding comes into my day.  Well, not when I was making the lunches, it all happened when she stepped onto the school bus.  Shedding tears, not from her but from me...
                                                         The early morning wake up call...

Always with a smile.
Love It!

Her first ever school lunch.

   
Waiting for the the bus....Here it comes down the street...All Aboard!!! 
It was tough but I held myself together.  The little girl that my daughter sat with had tears in her eyes.  That easily could have got my waterworks going, if it weren't for all the cars lined up behind the bus, I would have been a sobbing mess.  It wasn't because I was sad, but rather very happy and proud of her.  The picture of my leg and foot was taken by accident as I walked back home with tears in my eyes.

This is a letter that was given to us the other day from my daughter's teacher.
I did drink the tea once the daycare kids arrived. 

Today's food...
Breakfast: Hard Boiled Eggs with Turkey Bacon
I didn't actually eat this breakfast until I got back from the bus stop, which was almost 4 hours after waking up this morning.  I was starving.

                               
Lunch: Vegetable Soup with Turkey


She's BACK!!!!!

LOVE IT!
I know there are many pictures of my little girl's first day of school and they don't really relate to fitness, however they do relate to being a Healthier Version of ME and Staying Strong.  If it weren't for the strength, body and mind, I have gained over the last year or so, I could have easily broke down and drowned my feelings in a chocolate cake.  BUT I did not.  I kept it together and Stayed Strong for my little girl and ME.  Don't let things in life get you down.  Be strong. Be brave.  You too will get through days like these.
 
Snack: Almond Butter with Celery

Dinner: Turkey Burgers with Roasted Cauliflower & Carrots

Roasted Cauliflower is SO good and SO easy to make.  Two tablespoons of Olive Oil, one tablespoon of Mild Curry paste, pinch of sea salt and a dash of pepper, plus a head of cauliflower, cut into pieces.  Toss and place on baking sheet.  Bake for 1 hour at 400F, turning once at the halfway point. 

When I went down to the bus stop I picked up our mail and look what was inside...

I picked this up through Groupon for only $20.00
Just another option for some FUN Cardio.
I will incorporate this into my early morning workout time next week.

Tomorrow I do back to back Cardio 1.  It's great because I will be done in less than an hour.  My husband told me tonight we will be working out at 7am...YAY!!! We get to sleep in!!!

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina


No comments:

Post a Comment