Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 52 of Round 2 Body Revolution

Day 52 = Cardio 2

I was contemplating on spinning this morning, but I stuck with Cardio 2 instead.  I think I need to get back into running again.  I felt strong when I was running.  My legs felt like they could carry me on and on.  Kind of like Forrest Gump, I could just keep running.  I know that all my strength training is making my legs stronger, but they just don't feel the same as they did when I was running in the spring.  It's like my body is going into hibernation for the winter or something.  The set back from that cold didn't help much either.  It was the same last fall too, September/October I was tired and hit a plateau.  This may happen to you too and you know what, it's natural for our bodies to want and need a break...and that's okay.  It's okay, as long as you don't turn that break into a full fledged stop.  That's not good.  A break is all it needs.  Whether it's cutting back on your workouts a bit or eating a few more calories in your day.  If you count calories and/or keep a journal...stop for a bit, but just make sure you don't over indulge.  I'm talking a break of about 1 week, NOT 1 month.  After that week is over you will be refocused and have a fresh start.  Yes, that first day may be the toughest but you can do it.

You are stronger now and you know what you need to do to continue on your journey to A Healthier Version of You.  You, YOU, YOU, it's all about YOU!  You are the important one in your life...remember that.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Greek Yogurt with Cinnamon & Almonds

                     

Lunch: Roast Beef, Sweet Potato, Cauliflower Mash, Onions and Peas & Corn
Left overs from dinner last night, and some.  I added some Sweet Potato and Peas and Corn.


                   A totally CLEAN meal.                               A totally delicious meal.

Snack: Brown Bag Popcorn
Plain and simple but with a little added coconut oil.  No more store bought microwave popcorn for this house.  Simply put some popcorn kernels in a brown paper bag and hit the "Popcorn" button on your microwave.  But keep an eye on it.  When the kernels start to slow down in the popping action, stop the microwave so they don't burn.  I will add some directions to "Cook with Me" another day.

Dinner: Spaghetti Squash with Turkey Meat Sauce
This was the first time I have ever made Spaghetti Squash, but definitely NOT the last time.  I baked the squash yesterday and placed it in a container in the fridge.  First I cooked up the Ground Turkey, added some dehydrated onions along with a little Herb & Garlic Sea Salt.

                  
Once it was browned, I added the mushroom tomato sauce that I had on hand in the house(store bought).  I then tossed in the Spaghetti Squash to heat up.  I heated it on medium heat for about 10-15 minutes, then served it up.
I didn't tell my children what it was exactly, I just said it was Turkey in a tomato sauce.  My son is not a big fan of pasta, so I didn't want to tell him that it was spaghetti.  They both moaned a bit about having to eat it, but then my son whispered in my ear, "I kind of like it".  Too funny.  My daughter is usually the more adventurous one out of the two of them when it comes to trying different things, but she barely touched hers. She did eat some in the end as we had to get out the door to go to swimming.  I enjoyed it very much and would definitely eat it again...that would be tomorrow for lunch most likely.  My husband liked it too, but he is not a HUGE fan of tomato sauce, so I am going to look for other ways to prepare the Spaghetti Squash.

Go ahead and try it for yourself if you have never had it.  I found another recipe for a Sweet recipe for using the squash.  I got it through Facebook via Amy Ecd.  It's a Creamy Cinnamon Spaghetti Squash recipe.  I need to get some supplies before I make this one.  The recipe can be found at http://www.eatcleandiet.com/the_kitchen_table/recipe/recipe.aspx?id=2445 I will let you know how it is once I make it.  UNLESS...you make it before me, let me, and every one else know how it is.


I mentioned that we had to go out to our kid's swimming lessons tonight, well what a difference a year makes.  Last year in the fall my son didn't want to let go of the side of the pool.  This fall...he is jumping in, doing front floats, back floats and LOVING IT!  I got a bit teary eyed tonight watching him.  he has come a long way and his confidence has really increased in the water.  I'm so proud of him.
And let's not forget about my little girl.  Last fall she screamed and clung on to me for dear life.  This fall, she too is doing so well.  Dunking her head right under the water, front floats, blowing bubbles in the water and she too is LOVING IT!  They both have put the UMPH in Triumph.  LOVE IT!  I knew they could do it, they are both strong bodies and are willing to learn.  Last fall that was a little hard to believe(when the screaming was going on), but I believed in them, and they showed me what they are made of.  Keep trying and you will succeed.

I will keep trying in the morning with my own workouts and I know that I will succeed too.  I will be stronger for me, and continue to set a good example for my children.  Back to Workout 7 in the AM.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina


                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment