Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 62 of Round 2 Body Revolution

Day 62 = Cardio 3

Well that didn't happen today...

Instead I went for a run.  The sun was out, and it was calling my name.  I turned on my music and hit the trail running.  As I was running I couldn't help but think about the Tough Mudder next May in Toronto.  The place where I was running had dirt, mud, water and not to mention it was chilly out this morning.  I have yet to reach 100 followers on my blog, and 200 LIKEs on my Facebook page.  The price to register for the event goes up next Thursday.  Do you think it's possible to reach my goals by then?

After returning from my 5K run, I helped my son tidy up his room and then we were off and out for a couple hours.  I have been hearing and seeing a lot about David's Tea on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and I wanted to check it out for myself.  Last week when we took our son to his acting lesson Uptown Waterloo, I noticed there was a David's Tea there.  So today was the day I was going to check it out.  I am not a coffee drinker and not really a tea drinker, but I thought it sounds interesting.  In the colder months I have always chosen to drink Hot Chocolate to warm up on a cold day.  Not this winter, I have now become a tea drinker.

At David's Tea, they have a HUGE selection of a HUGE variety of loose tea blends.  From an Earl Grey to Mango Madness to Banana Dream Pie...and many many more.  With my husband being from England, he has always been a tea drinker pretty much all his life.  Since this was our first time into the shop, I really didn't know what to expect so it was fun checking out all the different things David's had to offer.  I didn't have anything at home to brew the loose tea so I bought a tea mug with infuser and lid, well actually two of them.  One for me and one for my husband.  This way we can each enjoy the different teas that we both picked out.
I love honey and they had these Lemon/Honey Sticks to add to your tea...yummy.
My husband picked out English Breakfast.  "It's a flowery pekoe blend from Sri Lanka, it is the ultimate in English breakfasts.  It's full-bodied and full of flavour."  
That is the description in the Tea Menu Winter 2012/13.  
I on the other hand picked out 3 different blends.
First a Flavoured Green Tea...Organic Detox.  Something to help get rid of any of the Halloween treats that I have taken part in eating.  Secondly, "A cool and creamy blend pairs apple and coconut with a touch of peppermint, for the perfect after dinner treat.  Caffeine free."...Cocomint Cream.
And last and certainly not least...Banana Dream Pie.  This one here is..."Sweet banana, creamy white chocolate, cocoa nibs-with a black tea this decadent, who needs dessert?"  Certainly not me.  This one here is really good.  Both the Banana Dream Pie and the Cocomint Cream are part of David's Winter Teas.  I will have to stock up on the Banana one before winter is over.  This was my first trip to David's Tea, and certainly not my last.  As Arnold says, "I'll be back!"

Here is my little helper... 
She insisted on carrying the bag.  With the two mugs in the bag along with all the other stuff, it was kind of heavy for her, but she insisted.  LOL

Once we returned home, I washed my new mug and put the water onto boil.  I first tried the Cocomint Cream with a touch of honey.  After dinner, I brewed myself up a cup of Banana Dream Pie.  So very nice!

I wasn't going to write a post today because the day just got away from me, but I wanted to share my experience of my trip to David's Tea shop with you.  Tonight I packed up Maus Wear and got it ready for the KW Mom Show & Handmade Fair tomorrow at the Holiday Inn in Kitchener, Ontario.  It runs from 10am-4pm.  If you live in the area, come to the show and check it out and don't forget to stop by the Maus Wear both and say "Hi".  Hope to see you there.  Even though we turned our clocks back an hour tonight, I am going to bed so that I am not tired tomorrow at the show.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina


No comments:

Post a Comment