Monday, December 3, 2012

Back to the Beginning

Back to the beginning of what started me on the workouts of Jillian Michaels.  Back in the summer of 2011, I  picked up a copy of her 30 Day Shred and made my way through it.  LOVED IT!  I had great results and it got me hooked on her workouts.  I followed it up with her Ripped in 30 program.  After doing the Level 1 workout this morning, I checked my HRM, I noticed that I only had a calorie burn of 180 calories.  At first I though..."hmm that's not much".  But then I thought about it, this workout has more strength training than cardio with 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs(strength) per circuit(3 circuits total).  I still wanted to burn more calories because I was planning on making some ginger cookies today, and I wanted to be one of the taste testers, so 180 calories burned just wasn't going to cut it.

It was a nice day out today, so I took the daycare kids for a walk and burned a few more calories.  But that wasn't all.  Tonight my son had his acting lesson and my plan was to run to the Tim Horton's that my husband, daughter and I always go to, to wait for him to be done his lesson.  Right after the last daycare child left, I got into my running gear and headed out the door.  I started my music and the C25K program app on my iPhone, and I was on my way.  Well, from my home to this particular Tim Horton's is much more than 5K.  But that was okay.  I started up another round of the C25K program and continued on.  I made it to the Tim Horton's before my husband and daughter, so I continued on past and on to the bank.  My husband drove past a couple minutes later.  The bank was two doors down from the Running Room in Uptown Waterloo .  I was went in to register in person for the Resolution Run, but the sales associate was busy and I needed to keep going.  I will register online hopefully tomorrow.  I left the Running Room and headed back towards our meeting place.  I met up with my husband and daughter and then I looked at my time left...I had 9 minutes to go plus the 5 minute cool down...so I told my husband to order me a Chili and I would go and finish my run.  I know I wasted some of my time in the bank, the Running Room and at Tim Horton's but I wanted to finish this day of the program.  I finished the 9 minutes of running and then ran through a bit of the cool down to make up for the lost time.  I now have just 2 more runs to complete this program.  Yay!  I will get it done this year!  I am hoping this week.

I think with all this running that is going on now with me, I am definitely going to need to do some more Yoga.  More strength training tomorrow and maybe some Yoga on Wednesday morning with a run Wednesday night.

The only picture I took today was of my lunch...
Lunch: Chicken and Pomegranate Salad

One of the things that I learned from Jillian Michaels' Fat Burning Meal Plan Cookbook was "how to peel and clean a pomegranate" without getting red fingers.  Place the fruit in a bowl of water and cut it open and loosen all the seeds under the water.  It works GREAT!  
I mixed in some of the pomegranate with my chicken salad.  So good!

The other day I told you of MY day at the Santa Pur-suit...Well here is a recap from Run Waterloo...
You may even read about someone you know...Check it out...
http://runwaterloo.com/first-ever-santa-pur-suit/
Thanks Run Waterloo for adding me to your blog post.  LOVE IT!

I want to take this time to thank YOU for reading my blog.  All of YOU!  As of today my blog has had over 80,000 page views.  You ROCK!!!!  There are days where I think..."is anyone reading this stuff I write?"  But I know from the emails and the comments that I receive, you are out there and you are reading and I thank you so much.

I would love to show my appreciation with some prizes but I am not a millionaire and can not afford to be giving away things all the time.  BUT...I am going to look for some deals over the Christmas season and then do a few giveaways after Christmas/New Year. So watch for the upcoming fun.

Tomorrow I may just play around and switch things up with my workout.  I might switch it to Ripped in 30.  I did mention this the other day, so I think I will give it a try and see how it goes this week.

I know I will sleep well tonight...all that fresh air that I took in today is certainly making me tired now.  So good night to you, and thank you again for reading.  I will write to you again tomorrow.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina





No comments:

Post a Comment