Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Wiped Out

Did you think that I wiped out and hurt myself???  No not the case, thankfully...

I guess all that fresh air yesterday wiped me out.  My 5:30am alarm rang out and I shut it off and fell back to sleep. Oops!  My sister sent me a text at about 6:36am in regards to Christmas gifts for the kids, I looked at the time and thought no sense getting up now, so I went back to sleep for another 15 minutes.
It wasn't just all the fresh air...my daughter was up in the night with a really bad cough.  I heard her crying and I got up to check on her.  This was at about 12:30am.  I got back into my bed at 1:30am.  Before I fell back to sleep, I thought "ugh...my alarm is going to go off sooner rather than later".  I shut my eyes and hoped to fall back to sleep as quickly as possible.  I did, but as you already know, I didn't get up at the 5:30 alarm ringing out "I'm Sexy and I Know"...but I thought "I'm tired and I Know It".  Not to fear though, I still got my workout done.  After dinner tonight I made my way to my workout area and knocked out another day of the 30 Day Shred(30DS).  I know I said I might do Ripped in 30, but I changed my mind at the last minute.  I am not on any set program right now so I can change it up as I please.  I will be getting back to Jillian's Killer Abs workout.  I am going to try and fit it in 3 times a week(maybe only twice this week).  Ideally I would like to do it Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week.  So we will see how tonight's sleep goes and if all goes according to plan, I should be getting it done tomorrow morning along with some Yoga.  Looking forward to that.  On Thursday, I will resume the 30DS Level 1.

For anyone out there thinking of doing the 30 Day Shred for the first time.  Here are a few tips:

Don't give up - the first 3 days are probably going to be the hardest.  You will feel sore but work your way through it.  Every time you stop and then after a few weeks restart again...you will feel sore again...SO keep going the first time.  You will get through it!

Take a Rest Day - Even though the title is the 30 DAY Shred does NOT mean you have to do it in 30 days.  Your body needs time to recover(but not 2 weeks) 1 Day a week of recovery is all you should need to take and then carry on with the workouts.

Make sure you work on your form - Bad form throughout this workout and any workout for that matter can cause injury.  With the 30 Day Shred you will do A LOT of jumping jacks.  So watch your knees!

Have fun with it!

This blog post is coming to you from my living room tonight.  I am snuggled up on the couch with the Christmas tree in front of me.  I don't know what it is, but I LOVE sitting in the same room as the Christmas tree.  It's just SO relaxing.  Starring at the lights(yes...then my eyes only see bright light spots for a few seconds after), watching the spinning ornaments spin, and of course the not so relaxing part is watching our cats play, chew, scratch and/or paw at the decorations.  So far tonight they have been pretty calm.

Our cat Belle is sleeping under the tree as I write.

The house is all quite with everyone else asleep, it's very peaceful and calm.  I can actually think.  Although I can't think of where I put the garland that I usually put up outside.  I will have to go searching for it tomorrow.  I don't go too crazy with the Christmas decorations, because I have to do all the work.  If I put it up, I have to take it all down and put it away.  So I like to keep things fairly simple.  Like our tree for instance, I have beads and bows and ribbon that I COULD put on it, but looking at it right now, it looks so pretty without all that stuff.  And I know the cats would go crazy for the strings of beads and then I would find the Christmas tree toppled over in the morning.  SO...I think I will leave the beads off this year.
I know this whole Christmas tree ramble has nothing to do with fitness but it is keeping me calm and relaxed and THAT has to do with the Healthier Version of ME.  I am in a happy place right now.  With all the stress and troubles that some encounter over the holiday season, we all need to find that special place that makes us feel good, feel happy, feel calm.  Even if it's just for a few moments, take that time for yourself and enjoy it.  Breathe deep and let your troubles go.  If you don't have a Christmas tree to sit near, here are some pictures of mine...
Our Christmas Tree 2012

The Snowflakes and the Painter

Poinsettias and the Lights

It still works even if the polar bear is missing a paw.

Well now that I am all relaxed and calm, I am very tired.  So I will say good night and get my A$$ into bed.  5:30 comes early.  Fingers crossed that my daughter sleeps through the night tonight.  It will make for a much easier time waking up in the morning.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment