Friday, December 21, 2012

Sponge Toffee and Snowflakes


This is what I was up to yesterday and today…

Thursday began with Workout 1 and then went into baking up a storm.  Cooking, melting and coating are more like it. 

This may not be the most healthy sounding and looking post.  I made Chocolate Covered Sponge Toffee to go along with the Dark Chocolate Coconut Bars I made on Wednesday.  YUM!  Too many of these YUMs will go straight to my BUM, and make me feel like CRUM.  However, I have CLEANed UP these tasty treats so that they are not as bad as they could be.

Here are some pictures of the sinful yet a CLEANed UP version of these treats…
This first picture is of the coconut palm sugar and the honey cooking.
The second picture is the sponge toffee setting up.

After the sponge toffee set up, I broke it into bite size pieces to then be enrobed in dark chocolate. 

The outside coated with Dark Chocolate...The inside...oh so sinful.

Here are the Coconut Bars

These are really good!

I packed them up for teacher’s gifts and some for all the daycare families, our friends, to enjoy over the holidays.

Moving onto to Friday, today...

Welcome to Fabulous Fit Friday!  I just want to say that “I’m glad the world did not end today, because I made an appointment the other day to finally get my nails done tomorrow”.  It’s been awhile since I had a proper manicure and pedicure.  Lately I have been pampered by my little girl.  She enjoys painting my nails, fingers and toes.  But I am getting a French mani and pedi, and I think that would be a bit too much to ask of my 4 year old to do.  Don’t you?  LOL

I started my Friday off with @RitaCatolino’s Glorious Glutes workout.  I didn't get my abs workout done but I will do it tomorrow along with some cardio.

I think it was yesterday that I saw something on Facebook about making snowflakes and sending them to Sandy Hook Elementary School for the children to hang in their new school.  So today I started making some snowflakes.  It didn’t start off so well so I Googled, “How to make a snowflake?”  I watched a YouTube video and I was off…

Folding, cutting and unfolding…
I still need to press them, place them carefully in an envelope and send them to the:

Connecticut PTA
60 Connolly Parkway, Building 12 Suite 103
Hamden, CT 06514


So this is what I have been busy at tonight.  It cold and windy outside, but it’s now snowing INSIDE my home, snowing with the beautiful snowflakes that I have made.

These are just a few I made.

 
I’m going to wrap this post up now and I will write again tomorrow and show off my finger and toe nails.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina              

No comments:

Post a Comment