Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Great Start to the New Year



Today I started the year 2013 off in a great way.  I ran the Brita Resolution 5K Run and my time was 29:16.9, so far that is my personal best.  I know that I am new on the running scene and it might seem silly for me to be boasting about my time, but we ALL have to see what we can do and strive to better it and better it.

Here is a picture of me pre-run.  I had enough time to snap a picture of myself on this beautiful sunny start to 2013. 
Getting ready to go...


Today’s run was a double loop of the course to make up the 5K run.  My thoughts…
At first I was thinking… “Ugh, if I don’t like the first time around, the second will really suck”.  Well…the first time around I became familiar with the route, there were hills, more than there were in the Santa Pur-suit 5K that I ran on December 1st.  Plus I was cold, very cold, my face and thumbs were freezing.  But before I knew it, I was back to the start again and ready for the second round.  I saw my son playing in the snow and he waved to me, I instantly warmed up.  Then I ran up to the turn around, my husband snapped a picture and my daughter waved to me and I was toasty warm and ready to keep on going.  


And that’s what I did…I kept going and going and I was back once again.  I felt good.  

Before the race, my friend and I were talking about how running is tough for about the first 10 minutes and then it gets better.  SO true!  It was no different today, the first 10 were semi-rough going, but it got better and I had a better time than my first 5K race.

 This day was even greater because I met up with a friend of mine from High School.  I had mentioned her a few weeks ago and that she would be running the 5K as well.  It was so great to see her and her family.  She is the friend that is training for the Half Marathon in May of this year, and she is also starting Jillian’s Body Revolution this week.  Yay!!!!  She told me I should run the Half Marathon with her in May…something to think about.  I can’t just think about it too long if I plan on doing it, because I would have to start training for it I guess.  This picture was taken post-run...and we earned our cool blue Resolution Jackets that we are wearing.  It was so nice to see you again Carrie.  I hope you have a wonderful year.  Maybe I will join you in some other races again this year.


Fitness, Friends and FUN...that's what this year is going to be about.  There is nothing better than getting together with great friends and having fun while doing some fitness activity together.

Now I have to get my A$$ in bed because tomorrow it's back to reality for me in the way of a normal WORK day.  My alarm is set for 5:30am...ugh...I haven't had it set for that time in over a week and a half.  I haven't gone to bed before midnight in over a week and a half either.  YIKES!!!!  I deserved that break, but I know that tomorrow will be tough.  YIKES again!!!

So until then...Stay Strong!

Good night and Happy New Year!

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment