Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Zumba the New Year In

Day 2 of the New Year

After Christmas I bought myself this Zumba set to SHAKE up my workouts this year. 

This morning I Stepped into Zumba with the Step by Step DVD to learn the basic steps.  I have only done one Zumba class before, so instead of rushing right into the harder workouts, I thought I would start off with the basics this morning.  Since it was tough rolling out of bed early this morning, post holidays, I was okay with taking it easy today.
Yes I have done other dance workouts and I could probably get the hang of it quickly, I don’t want to take the chance of getting injured.  That would most definitely SUCK!!!

I loved the Zumba workout that I did at the fitness center early last year and I have wanted to purchase a workout like this for a while now.  At Can Fit Pro last summer, I looked at the complete Zumba Workout set that they offered at the Zumba booth, but I did not buy it then.  But now I have this version of the workout, and it should be a lot of fun.  Depending on what time I wake up in the morning will determine which workout I do.  I may repeat the Step by Step and do the 20 minute workout that was included in the package.  Over the weekend I will plan out my workouts for next week.

Today while the kids were playing out the back in the snow, I whipped up a batch of Tosca Reno’s Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Yogurt Frosting, taken from her Vegetarian Cookbook.  

I did have to make one change though…I didn’t have any yogurt to make the “Yogurt Cheese” as she calls it, so I used low fat Ricotta Cheese instead of the yogurt.  The frosting was good but not as smooth and creamy as I’m sure it would have been with using the yogurt.  Next time I will make sure I have yogurt on hand.
I ate two of these today.  
The first one I ate while it was still warm.  The second, in the afternoon, cooled down totally.  
The second one was much better than the first.

I will get back to posted more food pictures next week along with some more recipes.  As I mentioned as few posts ago, I took a break over the holidays from picture taking and posting, but it’s a brand new year now and some of you may need some brand new inspiration…OR…Maybe just a kick in the pants.  Please don’t fall into the trap of making the same New Year’s Resolution that everyone else is making…“To go on a diet and lose weight”.  Instead, commit yourself to a journey of life long healthy eating and fitness.  Not just any journey though, make it YOUR journey.  Make sure it is a journey that you will continue on through thick and through thin.  Becoming “A Healthier Version of YOU” will not be easy, and that’s okay.  You have to challenge yourself for things to change.  Don’t expect to lose crazy amounts of weight overnight, you didn’t put it on overnight, so don’t expect to lose it that fast.  There is no miracle pill, so stop searching for it.  If you train hard, eat clean and have fun with it, you WILL see and feel the results.

Start this year off right by drinking up your water, flush out the holiday treats with good old H2O.  I will admit that over the holidays I did not drink nearly as much water as I normally do.  Some days were good, some not so good.  I have made up for it today though; I drank 144oz of water.  And yes, I have been peeing a lot too.

I must get my butt in bed now.  I didn’t get a very good sleep last night because my kids were still awake after my husband and I went to bed.  They came into our room complaining about something and woke us both up.  I just told them to “GET BACK TO BED”.  I heard them go back into the other bedroom and it sounded like they were jumping on the bed.  I have no idea what time the ended up crashing and I didn’t really care because they didn’t have to get up early this morning.  So I figured they would just sleep in this morning.  Well that wasn't the case.  As soon as the first daycare kids arrived, I heard my daughter yell down the stairs…“We didn’t sleep last night!”  I just shook my head and laughed.  Shortly after that my son was up too.  I will have to get them into bed earlier starting tonight and tomorrow night to prep them for school next week.

Well it’s Zumba time in the morning so I will say good night to you now and go to bed.  5:30am comes very quick.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina




No comments:

Post a Comment