Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Little Bit of Dancing and More Great Food


For today’s cardio workout I got my sexy on with the Burlesque dance workout again, followed by the Zumba Rush workout.  Plus I shoveled some snow, went for a short walk or two.

Let’s talk food…

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Egg ‘N’ Cheese Muffin
I got creative with my egg whites this morning and used a little love…






All the egg whites could not fit in the heart shape, so I cooked them afterwards and put them on the muffin as well.  I probably could have made a second heart…next time.





Snack: Greek Yogurt with Green Grapes
With this snack I also added a teaspoon of vanilla just to cut the tartness of the yogurt and grapes. 

It was very nice.

Lunch: Chicken with Sweet Potato and Broccoli served up with Strawberries
I know that the strawberries were probably supposed to be a dessert, but I decided to put it all on the same plate to enjoy a colourful lunch plate.

It was great!

Snack: Chocolate Almond Protein Shake






Okay, so I love almonds, almond butter, almond flour and almond milk, but I am just not crazy about almond flavoured foods.  This shake recipe calls for pure almond extract…blah…I did not put it in.  I know that might sounds crazy to some but I figured with it having the almond milk and the slivered almonds, it would already have enough almond flavour.  And it did!





Dinner: Chicken Kebabs served with Greek Yogurt Cucumber Sauce and Kale & Brown Rice


The meal plan called for Spinach, I made Kale instead.  I don’t like foods spoiling in the fridge and I felt like having kale tonight.    
It was all so good.

As I have said in some of my past posts, “once you know how to eat clean, you will know what to sub in for side dishes”.  Okay so I may not have said it EXACTLY like that, but you know what I mean.  Learn to eat clean foods, and you will change your life.

So tonight was a busy night and that is why this post is not very long.  Swimming lessons resumed for my children, the pool was closed for two weeks for repairs.  My daughter had a little project to do to take to school tomorrow, but she was zonked once we got back home.  She had a play date with her friend today and I think with her swimming lesson tonight that just did her in.  So guess who had to paste the pictures in the book for her????  I will probably have to print her little write up as well in the morning, she takes forever to get dressed some mornings, and she’s only 4, almost 5.  Her birthday is on Thursday, so that means cake making tomorrow and the wrapping of the presents while she is at school tomorrow.  I guess I will have to wrap when the daycare kids have a nap.  Don’t want them telling her what she’s getting.  So the next few days are going to be busy and I hope I can still get some posts written up, if not, I will be back on Friday for a recap.

Before I go…look what I got in the post today…

Oxygen Magazine March 2013 issue.  I believe it goes on sale in stores on February 19th.    

I had a quick look over Month Three of “Build Your Best Body” program, workout and meal plan.  The workout looks great; it includes weights, nothing that I haven’t really done before, so if I can do it, so can YOU.  The meal plan looks wonderful…Cranberry Cashew Granola…Avocado Hummus with Homemade Pita Chips…Salmon Cakes with Yogurt Sauce…Steak and Eggs…and so much more…Yummy!

Well I have Workout Day 20 in the morning, so I am going to wrap this up and get some rest.  As I said the next few days are going to be busy, so…

Until you hear from me again…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment