Monday, February 4, 2013

Workout Day 19 of “Build Your Best Body”


First day of Month two and I am feeling fantastic! 

So here is the scoop…

Workout has changed and so has the meal plan.

My workout will be done for at least 3 days a week, well at least for the first week anyway.  I will UP the number of days as I go along as I did during Month one.  I love the workout.  As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, this workout introduces the Resistance Band.  So get your band out and get ready for a great workout.  You will also need your workout mat as well for floor work.

“The Athletic Curves Training Plan: Month Two”
“The goal this month is to get stronger, faster and more adept each time you train, so that by the end of four weeks, your body is a high-energy machine.” -  This is taken from the Oxygen Magazine article. 

The workout starts with a warm up: Jog in place (1 minute), High Knees (1 minute), Jumping Jacks (1 minute). 

Legs:
1a) Band Squat (with resistance band)
1b) Jump Squat (plyo)

Chest/Back:
2a) Bent-over Row (with resistance band)
2b) Plyo Push Ups on knees

Shoulders/Legs:
3a) Overhead Press (with resistance band)
3b) Lateral Raise (with resistance band)
3c) Speed Skater

Arms/Legs:
4a) Biceps Curl (with resistance band)
4b) Overhead Extension (with resistance band)
4c) Split Jump Squat (plyo)

Abs:
5a) Crunch (with resistance band)
5b) Shoulder Tap Push Up

So those are the exercises I will be doing over this month.  If you want to join me, go pick up a copy of the February issue of Oxygen Magazine for all the details.  It will show you all the sets and reps of each of the moves that you should be doing.  Plus it also has the “Muscle Up” meal plan with recipes that you will enjoy over the next 30 days.  The meals and recipes are not difficult to make.  Most of the meals are single servings with the exception to some of the dinner recipes (January and February); they are for more than one.  But it’s not difficult to increase the amounts if you are preparing the meals for your family.  Just double check when you prepare your grocery list.  There are a lot of meals which are made with chicken and/or other poultry, a few fish dishes and one or two meals with beef.  If you don’t like fish, sub in poultry or beef.  I am not a vegetarian so I don’t know all the things that you would/could sub in, but there are many, many great vegetarian cook books out there that you could use as a reference.  I have Tosca Reno’s Eat Clean Vegetarian cook book and there are lots of wonderful CLEAN recipes you could use.

I have also added on a Plank at the end of my workout, just to keep up my Plank time.  Today’s time was 1:30.7…my goal is to be back up to a 7 minute plank by the end of February.

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Scrambled Egg Whites/Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal/Grapefruit
The meal plan goes like this for this morning’s breakfast…

 I bought the Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal to use instead of the Cream of Wheat.

I cooked it up, cooked up the egg whites and peeled the half of grapefruit.  I was thinking of eating it all separate, but then I decided to mix it all together.  
One bowl…one great taste!
I added a dash of cinnamon and just a little drizzle of honey.
Delicious!

Snack: Chocolate Protein Powder with Water and an Apple


I don’t really like the chocolate Hemp protein powder that I have right now, so I used a half scoop of chocolate and a half scoop of the Vanilla Vegetarian Protein Powder that I DO like.  
I am not a huge fan of protein and water on its own, but this mixture today was good. 

Lunch: Blue Cheese Spinach Salad






Yes folks…I tried Blue Cheese.  





I mean I have tried it before and didn’t really care for it.  What I should have said was, “I ate Blue Cheese”, and I like it.  Well, I liked it in this salad.  I would not just grab a hunk of the stuff and start chomping down on it that’s for sure.  And I know that that’s not how this cheese is to be eaten anyway.  My husband loves the stuff.




Good to the last bite!

Snack: Greek Yogurt with Slivered Almonds and Cinnamon
                               This snack is similar to one of the snacks I ate while doing Body Revolution.

Dinner: Salmon with Spinach and Sweet Potato

This was wonderful.  I broiled the salmon with some spices and a little coconut oil.  The sweet potato I tossed with 2 tsp of honey and a dash of cinnamon then baked them at 400F for about 40 minutes or until tender.  Some of the sweet potatoes are saved for tomorrow’s lunch. YUMMY!

Before I made this scrumptious dinner, my family and I went out for another winter’s hike.  


We couldn't go out for as long as yesterday though, the sun was already starting to set and the kids were getting hungry.  Before I could even get in the kitchen to start dinner, the kids were already making themselves a sandwich each.  They are too funny.

A great start to Month two with a great workout and some really great food.  Tomorrow will be a cardio day for me.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment