Sunday, February 3, 2013

Workout Day 18 of “Build Your Best Body”


Yes it was supposed to happen yesterday, Saturday February 2nd…BUT…yesterday turned into Rest Day after a late night of waiting for my son to finish building his new LEGO set.  Oh yes…he built it all by himself, and he and I were up until 1:30am.  I woke up late Saturday morning and we had things to do, PLUS I wasn't feeling the greatest…needed more sleep.  So I just decided to save my last workout for today, Sunday February 3rd.

I completed the last day of the first month of the “Build Your Best Body” workout program.  And take a look at these Plank times…

I also got a personal best on the Decline Push Ups today…20 reps.  YAY ME!

I feel great and I love the food from the meal plan.  Tomorrow however begins Day 1 of the “Muscle Up” meal plan, more protein on the menu this month.  I stocked up on eggs today.  Tomorrow night’s dinner is spot on…Salmon…yummy.

I also start a new workout as well tomorrow.  The article recommends you should do this month’s workout at least three times a week.  So you know what that means back to dance workouts on the off days for cardio.  There are no Planks in this workout, but I think I will do at least one a day just to keep my times up there.  This month they introduce one piece of equipment to be used…the Resistance Band.  Plyo moves are also used in this month’s workout.  I will talk more of this workout as I go along.

After completing my workout this morning, my family and I decided to go for a walk on this beautiful winter’s day.  We all bundled up in our winter gear and headed for the snowy forest.  It had snowed again overnight and the trees were all covered in the soft snow, it was beautiful.

Here are a few pictures of our 2 hour hike through the woods…







Today’s food…
Breakfast: Winter Morning Quinoa


I tried it with pear again this morning and it tasted so much better than the first time I made it.  Maybe it was because I ate it right after I finished my workout, I was very hungry. 

Snack: Pistachios
I know these were not on the meal plan, but they are my weakness.  I had a few of them after we returned home from our winter hike.

Lunch: BLT
This definitely hit the spot after our walk.  Because I didn’t make the Flank Steak last night for dinner, I subbed in the BLT instead.  
So Good!

Oh, by the way…I made Spaghetti Squash with a Turkey Meat Sauce for dinner last night.

Snack: Apple Slices with Yogurt/Peanut Butter

Dinner: Salmon with Brussels Sprouts and Brown Rice


My daughter and I had salmon, while my husband and son had chicken.  Neither of them likes salmon, so I made them chicken instead.  This dinner was to be with asparagus but my husband didn’t feel like eating it so I subbed in Brussels sprouts.  Still clean. Always good.  I mentioned that I cook my quinoa in vegetable broth to give it more flavour; I do the same with the rice.

Well it’s been a long, fun day and I am ready to relax now. 


I prepared my notebook last night for this month’s workouts so I am ready for tomorrow.  And really looking forward to Month Two.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment