Friday, February 1, 2013

Workout Day 17 of “Build Your Best Body”


Today I changed up my workout a bit.  All the same moves, just a different way of doing it.  Because this was the 17th day of doing the same moves, with most of them getting longer, I needed to shake things up a bit. 

I decided to use the workout as if it was a Circuit Training program.  Instead of fatiguing my lower body, then moving on to upper and then the core, I worked legs, upper and then core, 4 times through.  I was able to push out higher times and more reps on pretty much everything.  Now this is just me trying not to get bored of the same old, same old.  But things are going to change next week with new exercises in Month Two.

I think I will finish the workout off tomorrow in the same way I did it today, but with some extra cardio in between “Circuits”.

Here are today’s four plank times…

Oh yeah and I ROCKED out 19 Decline Push Ups first go around and 12 the second, 10 on the third and I even did a fourth set today for the first time.  I have always done only 3 sets of the Push Ups, while still doing four sets of everything else.  But today was different.  I will admit I left the last set of Push Ups till the very end.  I didn’t know if I would have time get my core work done, so I did the last set of core exercises and then the Push Ups.  Result…AWESOME workout!

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Egg Quinoa Parfait
Yes I had this again.  
ONLY this time I doubled up on the strawberries because I didn’t have any more bananas in the house.

Snack: Tri-Berry Shake
Here is the making of...
Yes I had this again.  
LOL

Lunch: One-Pot Turkey with Spinach and Onion Quinoa
Yes I had this again.  BUT it was on the meal plan. 

Well…the One-Pot Chicken was, but you know that I changed it up last night when I was preparing last night’s dinner.  And it called for leftovers for lunch time today.

Snack: Greek Yogurt with Strawberries and Walnuts
I think I added too many strawberries in the mixer, it turned out more like soup.

Oh well, it was still really good.

Dinner: Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki Salad
I didn’t feel like cooking tonight.

My son got some money for Christmas and he wanted to buy himself the LEGO Monster Fighters Vampyre Castle.  We searched everywhere after Christmas, all the stores were sold out.  We managed to find a store here in Waterloo, ON that had some on order, PLUS it was $15.00 cheaper there than anywhere else.  SCORE!  BUT my son had to wait until mid-January for it.  Well it didn’t come in mid-January, and my son was very, very patient.  I called the store today and they told me they had some in stock.  SO that is why we went out tonight, and that is why I didn’t feel like cooking tonight.  I knew it was going to be a BIG night for him.  It was Christmas all over again.  After getting it from the store, he proclaimed in the car that…“Today is the BEST day EVER!!!!!”  He’s so funny.

On that note…I must go and see if he needs any help to build it.  Probably not, but I’ll check anyway.

If he doesn't need my help, I am going to relax and look over my new digital issue of Clean Eating Magazine on my iPhone.

Two more days of this month’s meal plan and I will be moving onto my final day of the “Build Your Best Body” workout tomorrow.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment