Thursday, January 31, 2013

Workout Day 16 of "Build Your Best Body" from Oxygen Magazine January 2013 Issue


Well rest is what I needed.  My times this morning were much, much better.  Here is, I think it was my fifth Wall Squat of the workout…

I ROCKED out 19 Decline Push Ups on my first set…“not bad” if I do say so myself.  My second set kind of sucked, but I brought it home on the third.  My final Plank was 1:31.2.  I may have held it longer but I was pressed for time again this morning.  When doing a workout without any weights or other equipment i.e. bands, balls or bells, your times and reps will increase as you get stronger.  That is WHY I need to get my butt in bed earlier, so that I will get up when my alarm rings out in the morning.  This morning was another tough one because of the weather outside.  It’s all mind over matter.  And this morning my mind was saying…“Oh my, it sounds like it is very cold outside, and my bed seems so nice and cozy”…but then something else kicked in and said, “Get the hell out of bed and get this workout DONE!”  So that is what I did.  It felt so good to get this one behind me.  I only have two more workouts to do and then I move on to Month Two.  Tomorrow I will work on my planning book to mark out my workouts and then check out the menu and grocery list.  I think if there is a food that I don’t care for, I will definitely substitute in something from Month One’s meal plan.  As long as I keep it clean, I will keep my body lean.  Well…it’s getting leaner everyday.

As I mentioned to you in an earlier post, with this meal plan I have been eating more calories a day than I was before I started.  SO…the few times that I have weighed myself, the scale has shown higher numbers, but I am okay with that because I can tell the fat is melting and the muscle is building.  I saw something today on Facebook that said, “It’s not about perfection, it’s about progress”.  Hey, didn’t I talk about progress the other day?  Progress is what is important for sure.  Today when I did my first Wall Squat, I wasn't looking at the timer and but the time that I had, I was at 1:24.1.  Each one after that went UP.  Progress!

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Protein Pancakes topped with Almond Butter & Banana
I added the banana to the top of this one.  I had a half of banana that needed to be used up, so I thought to throw it on top.
YUMMY!

Snack: Tri-Berry Protein Shake
Finally!  A true Tri-Berry Shake, using just the three berries listed in the recipe...Strawberries, blueberries and blackberries.  
It was delicious!

Lunch: Chicken Avocado Wrap
I should have used the same knife I cut this with to cut my sushi yesterday.  No squashed wrap for me...
Perfect!

Snack: Sweet Potato Brownie
This was a bit of a cheat snack today and yesterday.  But at least I kept it clean.

Dinner: One-Pot Turkey with Spinach & Onion Quinoa
Tonight’s dinner was to be One-Pot Chicken…BUT…I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer…

SO…I subbed in ground turkey instead.  It was great!  The only thing was that it didn’t seem as filling as it was with the chicken the other week.  So I grabbed an apple to fill me up.

My arms are definitely feeling my morning’s workout, must get them to bed soon. 

I was looking at some pictures on Instagram and a friend posted one of her abs.  I thought, “WOW!”  Then I looked at mine and thought, “Where are mine?”  I know that I have them because I wouldn't be able to do the core work that I do if I didn’t have them.  “But where are they hiding?”  I can suck my stomach in and I still don’t see them.  I see my ribs, but no abs.  But as I said the other week, “they are going to pop out soon for the world to see”.  Well at least for me to see first.  Progress!  Eating clean will definitely help them pop.  Next month’s meal plan is titled, “Muscle Up” meal plan…lots of protein.  I hope eggs are on sale all next month.

All right I am going to get my body in bed now to rest up for Fabulously Fit Friday.  Hopefully I can squeeze in some cardio tomorrow too.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina


No comments:

Post a Comment