Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Workout Day 15 + Well on My Way to 100,000 Page Views = A BIG Thank you!

I can't believe that it has been almost a year since I started writing this blog.  On February 13th of 2012, it was the start of Body Revolution and the beginning of the writing of A Healthier Version of Me and You.  As of today I am sitting at 90,569 page views.

 SO...a BIG THANK YOU goes out to YOU from ME...




Workout Day 15 of “Build Your Best Body”

I added a spin to today’s workout plan.  During daycare nap time, I hit the bike for about 40 minutes.  It was great to get back on the bike again.  I cycled to a variety of songs, but one was SO much fun.  Seeing how I have been doing other dance cardio workouts, including the Burlesque workout.  I created a drill to the song, “Show Me How You Burlesque (A.R. Remix)”.  It included a lot of shaking and shimmying.  “So get you’re A$$ up and show me how YOU burlesque”.
Here are my legs on the move (no not the ones in the heels).
My view to my street below.
My music choice for today's spin.
My heart rate at one point during my spin.
LOVE IT!

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Egg Quinoa Parfait
I got a bit fancy with my parfait this morning…
As I wrote on Instagram...
“Different container, same great taste”.

Snack: Chocolate Mint Protein Shake/Sweet Potato Brownie





I guess I am not a big fan of chocolate mint; I only drank half of this shake again today.  I only put in a drop of mint extract; it still didn’t taste to my liking.  It could be the hemp protein powder that doesn't taste good with the mint.  I will try it again once I buy a different protein powder.  That won’t be for awhile though, as I still have about a half of a container left.





Lunch: Salmon Avocado Sushi
I was so looking forward to this today.  Unfortunately my sushi rolls didn’t turn out as well as they did the first time I made them.  But that’s okay, they tasted just as good.  

This is what happens when you rush making sushi and have a dull knife to cut them…

SO good!

Snack: Greek Yogurt & Peanut Butter Spread on Rice Cakes
This is really nice.  

I had first tried the mixture with a sliced apple the other night, and I thought today I would try it on the rice cakes.  I'm so glad I did.  I didn’t feel like having tuna on the rice cakes, so of course I changed it up.

Try it yourself and let me know what you think.

Dinner: Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken
THIS is SUCH a GREAT meal, and SO easy to make.  
I love it!

Thank you again for following and reading my blog.  I really appreciate it.  I hope that the things that I am doing to get myself to A Healthier Version of ME can inspire you.  Inspire you to try something new…a new food…a new workout…a new recipe…a new dress in a smaller size.  Whatever it may be???…let me know.  I love hearing from YOU.  If there are any recipes that you would like to see up on my blog, send me an email at phatsoslim.staystrong@gmail.com and I will work on getting them up on the “Cook With Me” page.  I know that I have said I would post certain ones, but then things get a bit crazy here and I forget.  Today I posted the Sweet Potato and Kale Quinoa recipe.  This is the one from the “4 Weeks to a Leaner You” meal plan from the Oxygen Magazine…ONLY…I made a slight, very slight change to it.  I cook my quinoa in vegetable broth instead of water; it just gives it a little more flavour.
Don’t forget to check it out.

Well I am getting my butt into bed early tonight.  I think with doing this workout each day this week, it is taking its toll on me.  My numbers were not as good today as they have been, so rest is needed.  I will be back at it again tomorrow.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina


 
















No comments:

Post a Comment