Wednesday, February 27, 2013

An Early Morning Yoga Morning Followed by…


Shoveling heavy wet snow, this was quite a workout.  It was so nice to stretch out and relax with the yoga this morning.  I needed that, and I need it again.  After getting ready and getting my children ready for school, I got dressed in my winter coat and grab my shovel and began to shovel the end of the driveway.  UGH!!!!  The snow was so heavy that by the time I was done I was a sweaty mess.  It continued to snow and I thought the plow would go by again and block the driveway again, but I was wrong.  But that wasn’t the end of my shovel and the snow.

This morning, the daycare children and I started to build a snow fort in the backyard.  The snow was perfect for it.  I set the footings for the fort and started to shovel and pile up the snow.  The kids packed it down to make it strong.  Well…not really…they just played and watched this grown woman play in the snow too.  We stayed out there until lunch time, and I’ll tell you…all the shoveling and the building was definitely another workout.  But I wasn’t done yet…

After lunch it was nap time for the kids.  They went to bed and I went out to play in the snow again.  I wanted to have something built for when my children and the other After School children get home from school.  So away I went…biggering and biggering.

I grabbed a Tupperware container to make snow bricks to build the walls up after I had a pretty good base.

In this picture it’s a bit hard to see because everything is so white…


Then I got creative and decided a window was needed…

This is my Dr Seuss-like snow fort.

Needless to say the window didn’t last though.  After school I told the kids I had a surprise for them out the back.  They LOVED IT!  We built it up a little more and they played in it.  The window wall fell after all the daycare children had gone home and my children and I were out building some more.  But that didn’t stop us; we just rebuilt the wall without a window.

The reason I am telling you all this is because exercise doesn’t always have to take place in a gym or by following a workout DVD or from a magazine.  You just need to be alive.  And that is how I felt when I was out there building this snow fort, I felt alive and I felt like a kid again.  I was excited to see what it was going to look like and to see how big I could get it before the other kids came home.

Now…

I feel tired.  My body can tell that it has been through a full body workout.  So I am going to go rest now.  Since I didn’t do my “Build Your Best Body” workout today (Day 28) will do it tomorrow.  And yes, I will probably be back at the fort again too.

Until then…Stay Strong!

And have fun in the snow (if you have it)

Good night

Trina

P.S. A quick recap of the past couple days…
Monday – Day 27 of Build Your Best Workout – ROCKED!!!!
Tuesday – ATS Jaw Breaker Towel Workout + ATS Wet, Wet, Wild Dance 2x…my legs are really feeling it from yesterday’s workout.  I was able to get in more reps of the leg movements during the towel workout.  While doing the Splits move, I seem to be better going to left side than my right.  I kept falling over when I went to the right.  STRANGE!!  Something to work on I guess.  The first dance on the Wet, Wet, Wild DVD is called Ride the Horse.  I did this dance twice…I am really getting the moves down with this one.  LOVE IT!!!!

Last week when my daughter and I did the dance workout from Addicted To Sweat, I forgot to add this very short video of her doing one of the dances...


Plus, yesterday Tosca Reno put out the word for all the women out there to submit pictures of themselves to @toscareno to help celebrate International Woman's Day by March 6th.  You can do this via Instagram or Twitter.  Also use the #sistersiniron2013.  I don't have one of me yet, BUT I thought I should show a "little" sister in iron...
She should be tagged #slavedriver

That's AWESOME!!!!


I enjoyed some more great food too, over the past few days…here is a picture montage for you…

This...
made this...

These were just a few of the things that I ate.
So good!


No comments:

Post a Comment