Saturday, February 9, 2013

Early Start to a Busy Day + SPIN12 = A Tired Trina


My day began at 6am.  I woke up just before my husband’s alarm went off.  Ugh…it was time to start the day already.  After the shoveling that happened yesterday, I could have used a sleep in this morning.  But that wasn’t going to happen because I and the kids had to drop my husband off at work so that we would have the truck for the day.  As I was still in bed trying to force myself up, I heard the snow plow go up the street…“Great”, I thought to myself…more shoveling.  I got dressed and let my husband wake the kids up; I didn’t have the heart to wake them up so early on a Saturday.  Yes, my children like to sleep in.  You remember my Christmas post…they slept in until 9:00am, while my husband and I were up since 7am.  So while I was out shoveling this morning, he got them up and dressed…good job.  We were all out the door before 7am this morning and on the road.

After making a stop at the Tim Horton’s drive-thru for my husband’s coffee, we drove to his work and dropped him off for the day.  The kids and I made our way to Walmart to pickup the birthday gift for the party that was happening in a few hours.  My son wanted to go to the party right away.  I explained to him that the birthday was still hours away.  We went back home to wrap the gift and have breakfast.

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Quinoa Parfait
No…this wasn’t the same as the Egg Quinoa Parfait.  This one had Greek yogurt mixed in along with strawberries, raspberries (yummy) and walnuts.

I prefer the Egg Quinoa Parfait over this one.
Don't get me wrong...I LOVED the raspberries on this one.

After we had breakfast, we cleaned up the house a bit and then it was time to go to the birthday party location…The LEGO Store.  Now you see WHY he wanted to go so badly.  My daughter and I left the party goers to enjoy the party, and then her and I headed to Vincenzo’s in Waterloo, ON

Here is my little gourmet shopper doing her thang…

She wouldn't let me push the cart and she wanted to lead the way.  She had to put the things we were buying in to the cart.  She also HAD to put all the stuff on the counter at the checkout herself…too cute.

While we were there, she spotted the Gelato display.  I told her as a treat she could have some.  So after we paid for our groceries, we made our way back to the cafĂ© area and made her Gelato purchase.  Of course she wanted the PINK one…Strawberry Cream.  We sat at a table and had a nice little Gelato date.  I did not have the same as her.  While we were shopping I picked out a Peanut Butter Cup from the pastry counter.  Dark Chocolate and Peanut Butter = mmm…good.  No this is not on the Oxygen Magazine Muscle Up meal plan, but it was Mummy and Daughter time and I wanted it to be a special treat.  So while she gobbled up her Gelato...

I enjoyed this delicious treat…

Don't worry...I burned this off later in this post.


Before we knew it, it was time to make our way back to the birthday party location.  We picked up my son and went back home.  I needed to get some lunch and get my stuff ready for SPIN12.  I was spinning at 2pm today.

Once we got home, I didn’t feel like cooking, so I decided to have my snack instead of cooking up tilapia.

Lunch: Rice Cakes topped with PB2 and Cottage Cheese


I have seen many people talking about this PB2 and today at Vincenzo’s I found some.  If you have never heard of it…PB2 is a powdered peanut butter that is 85% less fat than regular peanut butter. 


Yes it seems a bit odd, but it is just as good as regular all natural peanut butter.  How do you eat it??? You ask.  Mix 2 tablespoons of PB2 with 1 tablespoon of water; mix until creamy and smooth.

After we had lunch, we were out the door again, this time heading to the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex in Waterloo, ON for SPIN12.

I signed in at registration and the kids set up camp soon after…


It was a great spin and they raised a lot of money for a great cause.  The total amount of money raised through this event today was $50,000.  Fantastic!!!!

As I was riding, I realized how much I missed being in the instructor’s saddle.  

SO…I inquired at the end of the spin to find out if I could actually teach an hour in next year’s SPIN12.  It MAY just happen.  SO…I am calling out all the people who once came out to my spin classes (when I taught at GoodLife) to join me next year in taking part in this great fundraising event.  I know that it is a year away, but I thought I would just plant the seed and let it grow throughout the year.  If you are interested in joining me, let me know and I will keep a list going and once I can get things confirmed, I can contact everyone interested.

The picture is blurry as I was spinning at the time.

While I was spinning, my cheering squad decided to watch the people swimming instead.  I have the evidence…
See me sweating...I think the peanut butter cup has been burned up by now.
SPIN12 = 603 calorie burn

Snack: Apple and an Orange
I had a post spin snack.

I had a great day at the SPIN12 and so did my children.  The other people that were spinning in the same hour as me were from Kitchener Cross Fit...

TriGator for KIDS...

 Kitchener Boxing Club...
...in the blue and white.

and Kitchener Fire Department...

plus some other individual riders like myself...



Together that hour raised $8,000 for St. Mary’s hospital.  AWESOME!!!!  Thanks for all those who sponsored me and the rest of the riders today.  Your donations from your heart will help others have a healthy heart.  Thank you.

After the spin, the man from TriGator for KIDS spoke about their event for kids.  So once I got home again, I checked it out and both my children are interested in taking part in the event.  That would be so cool if they took part in this.  It is a mini triathlon for kids.  Registration is on April 6th at noon.  I have put it in my iPhone calendar so that I will be on the ball to get them both registered for this.  They weren't sure about it at first, but when I told them they would get a finishers medal, they were both up for it.  LOL Too funny.

It has been a very long day, and at 7:30pm, it felt more like 10:30pm.  I wasn’t going to write a post but I decided to put my fingers to work and write this to you.

Dinner tonight went more like this…


Egg Whites and Turkey Bacon with Salsa…Breakfast for dinner tonight.
I was still not in a cooking kind of mood, but I could do eggs and bacon though.

Snack: I finished the day off with some more PB2 mixed with Greek Yogurt and served with apple slices…

Tomorrow is my Rest Day.  Somehow looking around this attic/loft, I don’t think I will be sitting around with my feet up and watching a movie.  It will turn into a full blown CLEAN UP day.  UGH!!!! 

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment