Monday, April 15, 2013

TapouT XT Day 15 of 90


Day 15 = Cross Core Combat

I got some extra rest this morning and got my workout in this afternoon.  My calves were still feeling the Cardio XT workout from Saturday morning.  I can’t believe how that workout affected my legs.  It goes to show you that no matter how much you work out, there always may be an area of the body that you haven’t worked out as much or at all.  End result…super soreness.  It felt great to loosen up with this workout today.  I was a bit afraid that my calves would cause me some trouble, but all was good.

This was my second time around with this workout and I felt more comfortable doing the moves.  Not that I stayed in my “comfort” zone.  What I mean is, I kind of knew what the moves were and I was ready for them.  I was able to get in fast and get the moves done.  Lots of Planks and Push Ups with this one.  And this time I listened on how to do the KILLER MOVE, the GRINDER.

The Grinder is…Starting with 10 Wide Push Up, 10 Thrusters, 9 Narrow Push Ups, 9 Narrow Thrusters, 8 Wide Push Ups, 8 Thrusters, 7 Narrow Push Ups, and 7 Narrow Thrusters and so on down to 1. Did I get that right last time???  I can't remember.
 I got down to 5 in the time allotted for this move.  I know Mike says to finish the Grinder but I was done.  I will keep trying to get better at this move.  The Push Ups that I did were full Push Ups down to the ground and back up again.  I started on my toes and then with the Narrow ones, I took to my knees.  It’s a tough one!  It’s definitely XTreme!

This afternoon after returning from the school bus stop, I received a Facebook notification that led me to check out a post on my wall and I read about the tragedy at the Boston Marathon.  Has this world gone mad?!?!?...Yet again!?!?!?

My thoughts are with all of the people of Boston, and with the family and friends of the victims of this tragedy.  It’s so sad.  
For all the runners out there, please dedicate your next run to victims of the Boston bombing.


Speaking of running…this Wimpy-weather-runner may just get out this week some time.  It was a beautiful day today and I was able to shed my winter coat for the afternoon.  After all the daycare children went home, my daughter and I started to clean up the front flower bed.  

Spring has SPRUNG in me.  

I turned the furnace off this morning and opened the windows to let some fresh air in our home.  It felt good, and the fresh spring air was a wonderful smell.  I know the temperatures will drop down at night, but I refuse to turn the furnace back on.  That’s what more duvets and blankets are for when it gets cold.

Today’s food…
Breakfast: Egg Whites and Canadian Back Bacon with Tomato
Protein

Lunch: Cauliflower Crust Pizza topped with Hard Boiled Egg Whites, Orange Pepper and Onion
Protein

This was so good.  I wanted to keep the calories lower so instead of cooking up some chicken, I decided to use some hard boiled eggs.

Snack: Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shake
Protein

Dinner: Greek Salad with Turkey Bacon and a Hard Boiled Egg White
Protein
My children were having breakfast for dinner so I added a little to my salad too.

I am going to end this post now so that I can rest up for tomorrow’s TapouT XT workout.

Until then…Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina


No comments:

Post a Comment