Monday, February 20, 2012

Body Revolution Day 2 - February 14, 2012

Body Revolution Day 2

As mentioned in my previous blog, I used my Monday morning Extreme Shed & Shred as my Day 1.  So that means today was completion of Day 2.  I have started the 7-Day Kickstart Your Metabolism workout and meal plan program.  I am trying to stick with the meal plan as best I can with the groceries I had bought for this week.  I wasn't sure when my Body Rev would be here and I couldn't wait until next Monday to start.
In the books, the Kickstart program is to help get couch potatoes off the couch and working out and eating better.  Well, I am NOT a couch potato and I do eat pretty well already.  I know my diary shows chocolate quite a bit, but I deserve every ounce that went into my mouth. LOL     Hi, my name is Trina, and I AM a Chocoholic.  Today I haven't eaten any chocolate at all.  I have stuck to the eating plan pretty much and I am WAY under calories at the end of this day.  I can feel it too.  I have a headache and feel very tired.  I will push through this week with the meal plan and see how I feel at the end of it.  Today's breakfast was the Greek yogurt with cinnamon and almonds.  I did add a little organic honey to take away the tartness of the yogurt.  It was then quite nice.  My lunch was the Salmon salad.  I used can boneless skinless salmon as I did not have fresh salmon in the house.  I didn't have time to prepare and eat my snack (Hummus & Veggies)in the afternoon so I ate it tonight after dinner.  For dinner, I made a roast in the crockpot along with some onions and sweet potato.  I also made up some mashed cauliflower and ate just a few Brussels sprouts.  The calorie count was about the same as the Kickstart meal plan.  I think I am under by maybe 50-70 calories.
 Enough about food, I am still hungry and it might make me eat more.
To the workouts...
I did Workout #2 and Cardio 1 today.  The Workout is to be done in the AM and the Cardio in the PM.  However, this does not work for me, so I just did them back to back this morning.  Workout #2 is about 36 minutes in length total.  There are some tough bits in it but after doing JM's 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Extreme Shed & Shred plus others, it's nothing I couldn't handle.  I did laugh to/at myself when I had to use the resistance band.  You have to wrap it around your feet twice.  I didn't really check the band out before I began and I barely got my elbows back to do the rowing exercise properly.  I will get it right next time. LOL
Cardio 1...this workout is 26 minutes in length total.  Remember DON'T skip the cool down, it will bring your heart down and it helps prevent injury.  We all spent the money on this program, so let's get the most out of it.  The most toughest part in this one, I would say are the Suicide Runs.  I'm not saying I had trouble with them, just saying that they definitely get your heart pumping.  I just wish I had my Heart Rate Monitor back.  I had to estimate my calories burned today and will most likely have to for the rest of the week.  Once my HRM is back (hopefully next Monday or Tuesday) I will have a more accurate count then.
 My starting weight with this program is 164.8 lbs
I still need to take my measurements.  I will try to do that tonight or tomorrow and update it then.  I did take some pictures last night and then one more this morning before I did my workout.  I'm not sure how to add them to my blog though.  Tomorrow I will add them to my profile pictures. 
I will try and blog everyday throughout this program.  Some blogs may be shorter than others and vice versa.  If we are friends on MFP, you can check out my diary as I may not include my meals in every blog.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me.
I must go now.  Stay strong and we will ALL get through this together. 
The Revolution has begun....

No comments:

Post a Comment