Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Back in the Saddle

May 16, 2012

Back to spinning... I LOVE IT! I did miss it over the last 3 months, it was nice to get back on my bike.
I had a 36 minute ride this morning. I could have gone longer, but I want to try and keep my workouts shorter, as in Body Revolution.  My calorie burn was 260.  The 36 minutes included the warm up and cool down.  I may go as long as 45 minutes for some rides.  With spinning, it so hard for me to stop...once I get going...look out!  The next time I ride, I am going to switch up my tracks, so that my calorie burn is a bit higher.  This morning, I kind of started off too slow...I can handle more.  Here are some pictures of my legs in action on my bike...


This is a short post today, and I will tell you why...

Tonight I was out with a very close and wonderful friend of mine, and one of her fantastic daughters. We met up over dinner for me to share with them, my Body Revolution experience. I am loaning my copy of BR to them so that they too can become a Healthier Version of Themselves. We talked and talked about the workouts, the food and the results they will have if they work hard. And most importantly...the REWARDS...the REWARD of feeling great and looking AWESOME! So...as I am passing on my copy of Body Revolution to my friend to borrow, that means I have decided to start another, different program on Monday May 28th. Today a parcel was delivered to my door. My REWARD for completing my 90-Day Body Revolution Journey...RUSHFIT by George St Pierre. That was fast...I ordered it Monday and it arrived today. WooHoo!  Check out the ad displaying on my blog...RushFit.

I will continue with my Two Week Workout Plan as I described yesterday, begin RushFit on May 28, 2012.

Okay as it is getting late, today's food is going to be quick as I am very tired and need to get to bed.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Raisin Bran Muffins

 

                                
The recipe for these muffins came from Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook. Another great one!

Lunch: Turkey Meatballs with Baby Spinach & Red Grape Salad

Yes I know...another spinach salad. I bought this big container of baby spinach and I haven't had time to make the spinach pesto yet. So I have to eat some of it so it won't go to waste. Maybe tomorrow I can make it.  I made homemade turkey meatballs for the daycare kids for lunch and I thought, "Hey those look and smell good".

Snack: Chocolate Covered Carrot Cake Pop/Ball

YUMMY!!! Enough said!

Late Afternoon Snack: Quinoa Bar

Dinner: Spinach Salad with Shrimp & Scallops

This was my dinner at the Body Revolution gab session.  
I am happy to say that my friend and her daughter are pumped and ready to start the Revolution.

And that's all for today.  I know what you are thinking..."that was a short post???" 

I am also going to add something onto the new name of my blog...A Healthier Version of ME and ???

Back to Workouts 1 & 3 of Kickbox FastFix tomorrow.

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good Night

Trina

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting back on your spin bike!! I'll bet that felt awesome.

    I have a question on the Carrot Banana Muffin recipe. I made these last night but they seemed really wet to me & tasted a little salty. My banana's were mostly defrosted, but did come out of the freezer; I freshly grated my carrots so they were wetter than if I had purchased grated carrots; & I mixed everything up in the food processor trying not to over-mix.

    Do you hand mix in the dry ingredients? What is the texture of these when you make them? Maybe they are supposed to be a 'wetter' muffin? Also, I easily got 14 muffins & could have stretched to 18 smaller muffins. I'm assuming you make 12?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ct,

      These muffins are very moist. I used fresh bananas, so maybe the bananas you used might have had a bit more water in them then they should have. Next time maybe add a bit more flour if you are using bananas from the freezer.

      I mixed the dry ingredients by hand. The wet stuff in the food processor and then poured the wet into the dry. Mixed with a spoon by hand, and then folded in the carrots and the nuts. I made 12 muffins out of this recipe.

      I did not find them salty at all. Maybe next time reduced or eliminate the sea salt.

      I hope this helps.

      Stay Strong!

      Trina

      Delete
  2. Hey Trina! I've been a follower since Day 1. Congratulations on your weight loss- you look fantastic! I was wondering what your thoughts were on Body Revolutions vs Ripped in 30. I am down to my last couple of lbs (5 or so) and wondered if you recommended just sticking to Rip in 30 and not purchasing Body Revolution. Is the difficulty in the workouts the same? Did you burn similar amount of calories In rip in 30?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca,

      Thanks so much!

      I checked back on my calorie burns with Ri30 and they were around the same as Body Revolution, some were higher. BUT...some were higher because I weighed more when I did Ri30 last summer. Both programs are great!
      What I really like about Body Revolution is that with the Workouts, you work the front of the body one day and then the back of the body the next...then Cardio...then back to the front and then the back...Cardio.

      Where as with Ri30, you do the same moves for the same body parts for 10 days...no switch up...then move on to level 2. It's just nice to rest those muscles that you worked the previous day.

      The reason why I ordered Body Revolution was that I needed more of a challenge. I have done 30 Day Shred again in January and I found I needed something more. Then I saw that Jillian was coming out with her new program. It was just what I needed. I had and still have more to lose than just 5 lbs so I ordered it. Did it. Conquered it. It offers up more of a variety of cobination workouts. I will probably do another full round of it at some point, but after that, I may pick and choose which workouts to create my own 30 Day program.

      If you only have a few pounds to lose and you can't or don't want to spend the money on Body Revolution then just stick to Ri30, you will get there. I am a BIG believer in REWARDS, but some REWARDS require you to save your pennies as well as do the hard work to get your body where you want it. SO...you could save your pennies and then REWARD yourself once you get the last 5 lbs off and then order Body Revloution to tone you up and keep you toned.

      I hope this helps.

      Stay Strong!

      Trina

      Delete