Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 2 of My Next Phase Post-Body Revolution

May 15, 2012

Today's workout...
Jillian Michaels Kickbox FastFix Workout 2 & Workout 3

I found Workout 2 a bit more challenging than Workout 1 from yesterday.  However, I can definitely feel Workout 1 in my arms and in my back.  I am not super sore but I can tell that I worked it yesterday.  And that's what counts! 

Tomorrow I am going to get back in the saddle and ride my spinning bike...YAY!!!  I have missed my bike.  I will then repeat Monday and Tuesday's workouts on Thursday and Friday, with alternative cardio for Saturday, maybe C25K(I started way back when, but never stuck through it during the winter months), Rest Day on Sunday. 

So it looks like this...

Week 1
Monday- Workouts 1 & 3
Tuesday- Workouts 2 & 3
Wednesday- Spinning
Thursday- Workouts 1 & 3
Friday- Workouts 2 & 3
Saturday- C25K
Sunday- Rest Day

Week 2
Monday- Workouts 1 & 3
Tuesday- Workouts 2 & 3
Wednesday- Spinning
Thursday- Workouts 1 & 3
Friday- Workouts 2 & 3
Saturday- Spinning
Sunday- Rest Day

All the Workouts are from Jillian's KickBox FastFix Workout DVD.  They are all 20 minutes each.

Today's food...
Breakfast: Vanilla Greek Yogurt Sprinkled with Holy Crap
That's right!  I ate CRAP for breakfast today...LOL.  It claims to be "the world's most amazing breakfast cereal".  For all the details check out the website, http://www.holycrap.ca/ It was really nice mixed in with the yogurt.  It reminded me of the Quinoa Crunch only with some extra yummy bits, like organic raisins and organic cranberries and more.  Be sure to check it out.  It's not cheap though, I think I paid $11.99CAD for the bag, BUT, serving size is only 2 tablespoons, so it will last a while.
      
Be sure to check it out.  They also have another one called Skinny B...I haven't checked that one out yet myself.  I wonder what the B stands for??? I can think of one, but it's not very nice. hehehe..I know, it must stand for Breakfast...Skinny Breakfast(Bitch) Oops...did I say that? http://www.holycrap.ca/

Lunch: Grilled Cheese & Chicken Pesto Panini/Baby Spinach & Raspberry Salad
I made up some more of the OH so yummy, Walnut & Basil Pesto.  So for lunch today, I used some of that along with some chicken(that I oven roasted last night), used about 1 oz of cheese and threw it on the grill. 

SO GOOD!!!!!

Snack: Chocolate Almond Butter Banana Freeze(1/2 serving no chocolate)/Brown Rice Squares with Almond Sauce

Both snacks had the almond theme going on today.  The Brown rice squares definitely need a sauce of some sort(I think so)


Dinner: Roasted Chicken with Vegetables
I prepared and cooked this last night.  After the four of us got our servings, there was not much left on this little bird.  I followed the recipe that was in Tosca Reno's, Eat Clean Cookbook.

This was before in went into the oven last night...



This was tonight at dinner time...


This was actually the first roasted chicken I have ever made.  It was so easy and so good.  Maybe a turkey will be next.  Since there wasn't much chicken left, I decided to put the remnants into a pot of water to boil down to make a broth.  After it boiled, I took the left over chicken off the bones and threw it back into the pot of broth and then added the leftover vegetables to make into a soup.  So...you will probably see Chicken Vegetable Soup tomorrow for lunch or dinner.

Here is the recipe for the Quinoa Bars that were mentioned yesterday.  And pictures too...
Tropical Quinoa Health Bars

Prep Time: 30 minutes     Cook Time: 40 minutes
Papaya, mango, and coconut fill these ultra healthy bars with tastes of the tropics.
INGREDIENTS (15 bars)
1 1/2 cup dry quinoa
2 3/4 cups water
3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
3 eggs 
3 tbsp whole chia seeds
1 cup dried mango, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup dried papaya, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup dried figs, cut into bite size pieces
1/4 1/2 cup honey
3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 tsp Himalayan rock salt

Note: Try to find unsweetened mango and papaya as the sweetened versions will add loads of unnecessary sugar to your bars.
INSTRUCTIONS
ONE: Rinse quinoa by placing it in a strainer and running it under water for 1 minute. Transfer for a medium size saucepan, add water and cover. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to simmer for 20-25 minutes. Don’t remove the lid while cooking. Once complete, remove lid and set aside.
TWO: Combine coconut milk, eggs, and chia in a small bowl. Stir and set aside.
THREE: Preheat oven to 325F and line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper across both sides for easy lifting and set aside.
FOUR: In a large bowl combine quinoa with the coconut milk mixture. Stir until fully combined.
FIVE: Add remaining ingredients.
SIX: Press firmly into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly golden.
SEVEN: Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Slide out of pan and continue to cool for another 40 minutes before cutting.
EIGHT: Cut with a sharp knife.
These bars are great but can get a little bit messy. The longer they sit, the firmer they’ll get. Or, stick them in the fridge for a couple of hours.
Nutrition stats: calories 202; fat 10g; carbohydrates 24g; dietary fiber 5g; sugars 11g; protein 4.5g

I have decided to change the name of my blog to...A Healthier Version of ME...thank you to those of you for your input.  It may change yet tonight or over the next few days.  I hope you continue to follow me on my journey.  If you know of others who are doing, or will be doing Body Revolution, please let them know of my blog.  I hope it can help keep you motivated, and motivate others who are new to Body Revolution.  OR just new to EATING CLEAN OR who are wanting to become a Healthier Version of THEMSELVES.

I will be adding a new Ticker on the side of the blog once I begin my new structured program.  My MFP ticker is still located at the very bottom of the blog.  That one shows the weight I have lost since May 27, 2011.  I will leave the Body Revolution Ticker as is, just so you can refer to it if needed(or care).
Tomorrow it's ME, my BIKE, Madonna and Gaga.  Bring IT!

Until then...Stay Strong!

Good night

Trina










No comments:

Post a Comment